1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

TrackIR and head tracking discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by KillZoneGB, Mar 9, 2018.

1. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

Just a quick question in regards to TrackIR.

Will ACC be able to use this device?

Kind Regards Charlie.

MABlosfeld likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Cockpit View questions - FOV vs Performance and Headmotion vs TrackIR Apr 19, 2020
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes RealHeadMotion : TrackIR + LookBehind/Left/Right (humble request for devs) Nov 28, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Trackir head moving limit May 15, 2014
    ACC Hardware Discussions Setting Question with Trackir Mar 19, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals TrackIR 4 on ACC - Only X Y Z works, Yaw Pitch and Roll is not respondning Mar 2, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Freetrack (/TrackIR) support available? Aug 16, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals TrackIR5 does not work with Helmet & Front views! Mar 11, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals TrackIR 5 not working in ACC (title not recognized) Dec 26, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals TrackIR Not Working Aug 10, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds TrackIR and On-screen display of steering wheel Jul 23, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting No Camera Movement [RESOLVED by disabling TrackIR mode] Jul 17, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting TrackIR don't work May 10, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals TrackIR Apr 1, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting TrackIR not working Mar 15, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals help with TrackIR Jan 4, 2020

3. NightEye

NightEye Alien

Even without official word on it: yes it will. Obviously :)

MABlosfeld likes this.
  4. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

I do hope so, cant believe my Unit is coming up to its 18th Birthday.

5. NightEye

NightEye Alien

Wow, golden oldie :)
    I got the 5 pro about 6 years ago. I can't race without anymore.

But seeing the huge VR popularity, ingame first person camera control (be it from a Vive/Rift or TrackIR) is mandatory. I do hope it gets its own game profile though, instead of some random other game profile AC has at the moment :p

KillZoneGB likes this.
  6. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

Indeed, FPS like arma is a god send, for not giving your position away for setting up for an ambush (Human Vs Human) for when hiding in the bushes, only the head moves and not the body. hehe

Shame EA/Dice dropped the ball by not allowing users to have tracker support in their BF games, and shame on you codemasters for dropping it on F1 2015/16.

As you say NightEye, TrackIR/VR is mandatory for all FPS, Flight and Driving Sim`s.

Also its done wonders on the medical front, my neck movement has improved since using it.

Anyhoo have a good one NE.

Chris 576, Mogster and NightEye like this.
  7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I can’t remember playing any sort of first person vehicle sim without TIR, it’s been that long...

TIR and a large monitor provides a VR like experience without the downsides of VR... playing Elite Dangerous at the mo, it’s great with TIR.

KillZoneGB likes this.
  8. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

That is, to me, an outrageous comment,
    If it was not coming from someone views I usually respect, I would say: BS.
    Coming from you, I am very surprised.
    Is this what you think after trying VR?
    There is so much more to VR than just moving your head to see more.

9. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

uumm...nah...I respectfully disagree 100%, VR wins that battle hands tied behind back with pants down and a smoking a pipe for fresh air.

10. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It’s just an opinion :)

I use VR with AC for immersion but just find the Rift so hot and uncomfortable after 40 mins or so... If I wear my contact lenses the screen heat seems to give me eye issues. Then there’s the res and screen door problems. With Elite Dangerous I can play for hours, I need to read the interior screens and object labels which is hard with current VR, I frequently use the keyboard also. TIR is a better fit for me at this time.

I’m not anti VR, I’m very interested in seeing what the next gen brings.

fouquet likes this.
  11. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

(I'm concerned since new engine is used)

mister dog likes this.
  12. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

I don't think. It's a low priority feature IMO.

13. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Thanks for the reply. It's a bummer tho.

I hope that you will find time to implement it at the same time you do VR support.

mister dog, J.Seyerle and trucidatio like this.
  14. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

Big shame, if TrackIR is not going to be implemented.

I hope one day it will be added to ac2, But for now, I`ll have to give ACC a miss.

I hate playing in 3d world, with 2d cockpits. (if you know what I mean)

Anyhoo, best of luck with acc :(

fear_scarecrow likes this.
  15. Skybird

Skybird Alien

The future is VR, not TrackIR. Sorry, but thats how it is.

Anyway, TrackIR I always considered unnecessary in race sims. TrackIR worked magic in complex flight sims and dogfighting flight sims. Not so much in race sims. Two buttons on wheel for glance left, glance right, worked better, faster, less desorienting.

Like VR, TrackIR was not for just anything.

For PMDG-style cockpits in FSX, I still prefer TrackIR. VR just has too many setbacks in such a button- and data-inputs-heavy environment. Telling that from XP11 experience. It also eats hardwarer ressources as careless as people eat popcon for movies.

Strikeman likes this.
  16. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

Skybird, I`m your heads to your tails on this. (which is a good thing)
    The Glance left and right option for me, auto looking into an apex is so unnatural that it causes more accidents than its worth. (for me)

I`d like to be in control, for me auto or pushing a button to glance is rather an arcade option than sim.
    That why we have games like GTA V, The Crew and assains creed origins to name a few.

TrackIR and VR that controls the POV is a must for any sim game/gene.
    to home in on one's racecraft and Spatial awareness.

For Flight Sim`s, have you every tried VoiceAttack?

you can get it from steam or https://voiceattack.com/

Lovely bit of software to use your voice for controlling systems, playing macro`s, playing sound samples, run plugins and so on.

Got mine set up for elite using samples ripped from the Starwars franchise. (tisk, tisk me, personal use only)
    Must have if you want a co-pilot, or cant remember the 15,000 (ott) keys stokes, to get the 777 from cold to running.

Anyhoo have a wonderful evening

mister dog, AndyDigital and Octane like this.
  17. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Well, I had many accidents or close-accidents due to trackIR in cars, the limited image a monitor provides and then the centre viewing axis no longer in congruence with the car'S driving direction - recipe for desaster. In this, trackIR feels and behaves completely different than VR, where such divergence between viewing and driving direction is not a big problem. Button controls for quick glance to the left and right I used before VR only to check in a split-second whether there is a car close-by or not. Fixed front view or mild viewing-to-apex always felt okay for me and left the control where it belonged: me.

I do not run flightsims of ultracomplex setup anymore since I switched to a new gaming system and had to accepot Windows 10 for this expensive, fast hardware. W10 messes it up, and is easily the most instabile piece of garbage, I mean: operaiton systerm (the carricature of it, to be precise), that I do not invest the time to install all my old stuff (FSX, plenty of airport sceneries, PMDG, REX, ASE etc) anymore, it costs too much time and is already fragile an installation on a solid system. With Windows 10, it is a candidate for just more BSOD, as W10 gives me so many.

Another vicitm of the war Microsoft wages against customers. One reason more to hate them: flight simming was big business for me, once.

P.S. Not tried VoiceAttack myself. Due to the 3.7 GB RAM limit for FSX it already is critical with the addons I use, and that is not helping stability under W10. Also, I simply hate speaking to my computer, I am allergic to voice-commanding the rig.

I'm too much old school, dont like them new ways too much.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    Strikeman likes this.
  18. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

My experience was right the opposite: Pushing buttons to look left and right always desorientated me af. To me it felt way more natural after I switched to head tracking, using yaw and roll only.

VeryStef, AndyDigital and KillZoneGB like this.
  19. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

For those who cannot use VR for different reasons ... view problems mostly, age or any other reason ( mostly for price or high tech PC config need ).... TrackIR is a solution that can't be missed.
    I never use buttons for left or right view .... they are mostly much too fast and you loose the front view too brutally ... causing mostly a loss of straight driving.

All "Look to Apex" are not natural at all .... causing mostly an impression of exagerated understeer.

So I don't understand why TrackIR should not be supported.... even if I'm mostly using yaw and a very light roll....
    Without VR, TrackIR is the only good solution to make the single monitor view much larger.
    My monitor is a 21/9 29" ... but when using a realistic FOV .... side mirrors can only be seen thanks to the TrackIR.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Coanda, hendrixxx352 and KillZoneGB like this.
  20. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

Guys, the answer was about "Day One". That does not mean it will be supported in the next builds, but 100% safe it will not be there on day one.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    John Caetano, Nox, Mitch09 and 5 others like this.
  21. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

Thanks for your answer, Manu.
    Of course it's not a must have at "Day One" ... as long as it'll be supported in one of the next builds. ;)
    VR at 2nd, why not TrackIR at ...3d one in order to make everyone happy ? :D ...

NB: it's a fact I missed the "Day One" in the thread title :oops: