1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC - Driver Swaps?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by scott.stephens, Aug 5, 2018.

1. We have seen in rF and iR the ability to do driver swaps with team members but cant do it (from what i know of) on AC.

So will Driver Swaps be made available in ACC?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC on PS5 - Driver swap seems to be forced even though disabled in the settings Jan 28, 2023
    ACC Tools PitSync - The FREE livery sharing platform for ACC Leagues and Drivers Nov 23, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 1.8 Access Detailed Driver Stats Like PC on XBOX PlayStation Oct 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting help needed acc will not start after game/ NVidia driver update Mar 24, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions North American XBOX League looking for Commentators / Drivers- ACC 9th Gen Feb 25, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC CTD during online racing [Fanatec driver memory leak] Feb 3, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error when booting ACC [audio driver misconfiguration] Jan 14, 2022
    ACC Tools ACC Driver Ranking Tool (Hotlaps) Dec 18, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Better Driver Rating System for ACC [Seriously, stop] Nov 23, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions New Nvidia Driver add DLSS to ACC Nov 16, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Over30Clan ACC Racing Series looking for drivers. Mar 1, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room FPR - ACC League Racing -[PC] Sundays 19:00GMT NOVICE DRIVERS ENCOURAGED. Feb 27, 2021
    ACC Tools Public stats on ACC drivers/members and races? Feb 22, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC keeps crashing because D3D removed??? [GPU driver hang/crash] Jan 5, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Crash (nvwgf2umx.dll module) [GPU driver crash] Nov 24, 2020

3. Yes. (they are also possible in AC, or so I hear)

4. No...or yes but too difficulty and You have to give to an other person Your steam account log in details...so I can say DriverSwap not available in AC.

5. It is possible it is also available too :)
    Like you said very difficulty but its a start.
    I think ACC will provide this feature in a better way :)

6. Say it all you want, doesn't make you any less wrong.
    --------------
    Difficult = Not Possible

Perfect.

After_Midnight likes this.
  7. I meant...as I heard if I want to swap drivers on AC server, I have to give my steam account login details to an other person...thats why not possible for me! I wont to share with anyone my steam account login details (username+password).

D.Jankovic likes this.
  8. Stereo

Stereo Alien

You have to give the server admin your steam id so they can set who shares which car, but that's publically available information any time you join any AC online session.

Lawndart likes this.
  9. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

what?
    No login details at all are requested.

You only need to share your steam id, which doens't contain any secret...

Tim Schneider, LeDude83 and Lawndart like this.
  10. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Driver Swaps won't be available. You gotta do the entire 24 hours of Spa on your own.

Dookie, Echo_29, SlimCharles and 5 others like this.
  11. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Simracer

:p

12. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

That reminds me of a very young driver that last year, with all the stints he made combined, drove through 12 hours or so.

Cant remember the name sadly :mad:

13. DM2zzion

DM2zzion Hardcore Simmer

Kiddo, please. Can't you remember Le Mans 1952?

SlimCharles likes this.
  14. murderous972

murderous972 Racer

I think it's Raffaele Marciello on the AKKA ASP AMG GT3

SlimCharles likes this.
  15. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

That's the one. Thanks!

He drove 14 hours. The max you can do. From what stuff are these people made?

16. Speed RacerX

Speed RacerX Gamer

Was the OP talking about AI driver swaps?

17. Obizzz

Obizzz Racer

Felix Rosenqvist did about 11 hours in 2016 when they took 2nd place from pretty much last place on the grid. (All the Mercedes cars got a 5 minute stop and go penalty for a technical violation) also for AKKA ASP

Rosenqvist was actually runner up to Marciello when Marciello won the F3 Euro title in 2012.

SlimCharles likes this.
  18. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

As much as I would love to race 24h on my own (totally not realistic by the way) I can only imagine doing so by "saving" my session during mid-race, but I would much prefer to swap with a human driver online.

Then comes the question, how will it be set up and who can I trust? Imagine you race for 3-4 hours and want to take a break (swap driver) and he immediately crash and totals your car on purpose?

Perhaps it's wise to have both options 1) AI will take control when you want to stretch your legs or take a nap 2) allow a steam friend (or trusted peer) to take control over your vehicle?

I mean there's no guarantee that the AI won't be penalized, damaged or crash your car, but at least it won't do it with a smile on its face when it burst into flames... :D

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    D.Jankovic likes this.
  19. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

If you want to have a good race with driver swaps, join a league. There's little you can do otherwise.

LeSunTzu likes this.
  20. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

At Le Mans the 24-hours the typical pro lineup used to be 2 guys only until the mi-1980s. Guys like Hurley Haywood or Bob Wollek were often engaged in two cars in case one would fail. Outside Le Mans in the 70's Wollek was sometimes actually racing with two different cars (for example a 935 and a 934) doing 2-3 hours stints in each of them.

I am sure most today's professionals could drive much longer than they are allowed by the rules or the team organizations.

SlimCharles and sissydriver like this.
  21. Neilski

Neilski Alien

I seem to recall that LFS had (well, still has, I guess) a perfectly functional driver-swap system. The new driver connects to the server (without selecting a car, as that's how LFS works - you only ever select a car after connecting) and then requests to take over the car of an existing driver who then has to accept the request for it to be enacted at the next pit stop. (Or maybe the existing driver has to select the new driver - I might be getting muddled up, but you get the idea.)

Turk likes this.