1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is ACC going to run worse on AMD cards?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by ShimonART, Aug 12, 2018.

1. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

since they work with nvidia is it going to run worse on AMD cards?
    tomorrow iam getting my RX 570 4gb card so i hope iam not screwed here.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC locks when going into the CONTROLS menu Jun 21, 2022
    ACC General Discussions Is ACC going to support DX12? May 13, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Rating going back where they were before.. Jun 2, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Acc multiplayer and how is it going to be approached? Apr 5, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Are average and slow drivers going to be a resource in acc or just a bother? Mar 29, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Is ACC VR going to be a hot lap simulator ? Sep 29, 2018
    ACC General Discussions ACC going for £17.99 on GMG Sep 13, 2018
    ACC Multiplayer ACC dedicated server race start hangs, but only on Nordshleife Saturday at 6:06 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting Access violation on game startup . The UE4-AC2 game has crashed Apr 11, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Server Setting Apr 7, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting RealtimeCarUpdate.Heading/Yaw removed from ACC Broadcast UDP in favor of WorldPosZ/Elevation? Apr 4, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Missing information in ACC Server Admin Handbook Version 1.10.0 Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Physics ACC inconsistensies should be addressed for the future of the game. (Ex: Braking mechanics & tracks) Apr 3, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC chrashed started Race in carriere modus Apr 2, 2024
    Bug reports acc fov bug Apr 2, 2024

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Nobody can tell I guess. But I ran the AC benchmark with an RX580 4GB and at max details and 2560*1080 it achieved just 57 FPS AVG. How much will the 570 be slower...15 FPS? Not a good baseline to enjoy the next title with a lot fancier graphics.

I'd return the 570 and wait until the Vega 56 gets cheaper - it's coming down already. If you're not AMD bound you might want to consider a 1070 TI which has become very attractive bang/buck wise.

4. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

not really interested in max ultra settings anyway, i just want 60 fps medium settings at 1920x1080

5. demonized

demonized Simracer

pretty sure, yes. get 1060 6gb instead

chakko likes this.
  6. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Hopefully not..
    Depends what Nvidia feature they use in engine..

Lucklly there is not Nvidia Hariworks in ACC so we can cross that one out :D
    Maybe they are sponsoring and helping out with physx

Nao and ShimonART like this.
  7. magzire

magzire Alien

Rim racing games run better with nvidia, be crazy to buy amd

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

What would they do with PhysX anyway? Collisions?

And we already know that CPU will still be the limit for AI driving physics for example, even Project Cars doesn't seem to use PhysX on GPU for anything major, all the load is on the CPU. If it's PhysX on CPU it makes no difference if it's a AMD or Nvidia GPU.

Vel, Nao, ShimonART and 1 other person like this.
  9. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

It will run as well as the devs can make it run, given the software and hardware. Why would the devs not try to make the game run well on every PC so they can get the maximum amount of sales?

10. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I would think unless AMD or Nvidia had some intervention in the engine specifically then the relative performance between the two will come down more to drivers then hardware, assuming the same general hardware level for both cards. I must say that I had far less weird issues with my old R9 290 then my current 1080Ti

I believe it was mentioned here before that the engine itself doesn’t know or care what hardware it’s running on. It just tells it to do stuff and it does things... lol

11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

If they have some collaboration with NVidia... could that mean dedicated driver support when the full game launches? You know, some big AAA games get a dedicated update, to improve performance on that particular game. Not even necessarily that good or acclaimed franchise, The Crew 2 got it's driver update, even when part 1 wasn't that good and... part 2 wasn't that good either.

Project Cars 2 got this kind of update too: https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/project-cars-2-total-war-warhammer-ii-game-ready-driver

Indie games (and most games) generally don't get a dedicated driver, but have to work with what NVidia happens to release. Certainly never happened with AC1.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  12. Vel

Vel Simracer

... PhysX and Hairworks for GRID CATS!!!! Think of all that fur and accurate reproduction of feline spinal structure, gait and tail movement! One needs to get the whiskers just right!

'Would be mewtiful!

g1oomey, D.Jankovic and Epistolarius like this.
  13. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Unreal Engine 4 Games are running always faster on Nv, because nvidia and epic are working more closely together.
    Check out the benchmarks.
    Same will go for ACC.

14. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

I just hope kunos has the common sense to stay away from gameworks stuff.

15. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

cant find the thread but stefano has already said somewhere that they wont use vendor specific technology as it divides the userbase and means multiple builds for each vendor, which makes life more difficult behind the scenes.

ShimonART and mms like this.
  16. Speed RacerX

Speed RacerX Gamer

^^
    I recall him stating something similar in a video interview a while back when it was brought up.

From 28 to 35 minute mark I think it's fully discussed. And it was asked similar to the OP. So I take it that there is a serious concern for AMD graphics cards users when it comes to UE4 games.

The new UE 4 engine is incorporating Vulkan support now. Not sure when that version will be available to developers for actual use though.

I recall playing NFS Shift which actually used physx for tire modeling, etc. and it used x87 code. Cornering always resulted in stutter, lost of input control and lower then expected frame rates. The game was never smooth. I recall many complaining about it on EA forums back then. Fast Forward today PC 2 now used AVX.

I never heard ACC using physx. Lets hope for the best that both Nvidia and AMD will have drivers for ACC when early access comes out.

mms likes this.
  17. mms

mms Alien

Yeah, thanks for confirming this, I was sure I saw the post somewhere and I searched for it for hours but didn't find anything, in the end I started to think my brain was making it up :D

18. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

VR thread have a lot of replys from Stefano on some questions

19. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Simracer

- Grab early release
    - Test
    - report back any bugs or issues
    - devs check it
    Start over with a new build is released.
    End result...hopefully a stable final release aka full game.
    Cheers.

20. Speed RacerX

Speed RacerX Gamer

The early access is really going to tell us if this is the case or not. I say wait a few more weeks and those with AMD cards will see for themselves and will tell the rest if there are issues with performance or not.

21. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

When a dev uses middleware, in this case, UE4, it’s a reasonably safe bet to look at how well that engine supports features and hardware to get an idea of how much the game is likely to support said features and hardware. Assuming the dev fully utilizes the functionality at hand.

That being said, devs try to be as general as possible for the widest range of support. Case in point, specific to AMD question, all consoles use AMD GPU’s, and as such middleware engines have strong support for ease of porting from PC.

I’m sure Kunos will try to support the largest cross section of games following UE4 guilines as best as possible.

Timobkg, IgnacioKotas and Typer like this.