1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Pit Stop Positioning

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Winston, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I hope it's more forgiving than AC's which is a bit broken as you can stop in the pit box and nothing happen.
    It would be better if it was more forgiving positionally but poor positioning did cost you time.

trucidatio and Epistolarius like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay AI disqualified( not attempting to pit during mandatory pitstops ) Mar 5, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Nitrado pitstops Mar 13, 2023
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Pitstop countdown Mar 11, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues AI behavior on pit stops Nov 20, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC 1.8 Update AI Pitstop Issue Sep 30, 2022
    Chit Chat Room New software for Assetto Corsa - AI-based race assistants incl. strategy and pitstop control Jul 1, 2022
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes AI-based Race Assistants with full (remote) Pitstop automation Jun 17, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AI pit stops. I discovered the error, but you can only solve it. Jun 12, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Open Championship Pitstop issue Jun 1, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Mercedes ai cannot rejoin after pitstop at Spa May 30, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Wrong pit stop information in GT4 May 25, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals steering ration change after pitstop. Apr 17, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Career mode - weird handling after pitstop at paul ricard Mar 26, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality ACC + Oculus quest 2 - unable to get the pit stop / hud Feb 22, 2022
    ACC User Interface Can't change dashboard page after pitstop [Pitstop MFD stealing dpad focus] Feb 14, 2022

3. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I'd actually go as far as saying that the pit box on AC is too forgiving. If you look at a real race, the driver usually stops within 10 or 20 cm of where the crew expects him to stop, not to mention sprint races at the Blancpain GT Series where the pitlane is so crowded that there's basically no margin for errors in that regard.
    On the other hand, spacial awareness on a monitor is way trickier than in real life, so even though it seems more forgiving than real life, I think it's okay as it is on AC 1.

4. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

We'll have to agree to disagree as in all the time I have played AC I still don't know if you can re-position the car or only get one chance. It's not hard to stop in a box, if you miss the spot nothing happens, nothing is said , there is no indicator or pit board ,to show how far and which way out you are , is it lateral or longitudinal. If we are talking about realism why have a red box? And In real life I'm sure the pit crew wouldn't stand there and do nothing(or not appear at all ,AC) As there will be a pit crew in ACC knowing where to stop and being able to judge the resting position in 2D should be an improvement in itself I suppose.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Epistolarius and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  5. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I normally do between 2 and 5 hour long races per week which include a mandatory pit stop. Nobody I have raced with has ever mentioned this problem, the only time I myself have missed my pit box has been due to not stopping the car in time which is my fault and does not indicate anything is broken. Simply moving back a tiny bit until in the pit box will trigger the stop.
    Verdict: No Issue :)

Poguinhas and After_Midnight like this.
  6. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Maybe some day there told be a function to increase the Pitstop time if you're not positioned perfectly.

7. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Yes I agree that would be a good solution, if you are in the box you are in the box and should be serviced 1 mm here or there shouldn't affect that other than in time taken.

8. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I never said I like the red box, I actually hope they ditch that for an actual pit crew to indicate where you should stop.
    The tolerances on AC1 are far greater than 1mm, as @LeiF said, the only times I haven't stopped my car properly were 100% my fault. It's really not that difficult to hit your pit box.

9. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I would certainly like to see a pit stop where you are not nicely on your marks take a little longer, just like in real life.

earlyapex, HemiR and Serge M like this.
  10. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Considering that real life pitstops take somewhere between a minute and 90 seconds if I'm not mistaken, and I believe there's a minimum time at the Blancpain Series, I don't see how stopping half a meter before or after the mark would make a significant difference. What would make a difference is if you stop so far ahead that the pit crew has to push you back.

11. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

After reading the replies I found it hard to understand why others were not annoyed by the temperamental nature of Ac's pitting.
    What I have experienced st that sometimes it works but most times it doesn't and I end up pressing escape while in the pit to repair / refuel obviously with the huge time penalty. I went back and had a look and have found (as you are aware) that you have to tell the system what you want doing before you stop. It's not obvious but as suggested works well once you know.I'm not sure why you can't select what you want while stationary (doing so obviously costs you time). So I stand corrected, it works well once you know.

12. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Now it makes sense. You can also program your pitstops from the setup menu before you start the session.

After_Midnight likes this.