1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - RayTracing confirmed?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Deatroy, Aug 17, 2018.

1. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

Your post doesn't relate at all with the quoted text. So much effort for nothing.
    You tottaly won the "unrelated and nonsensical" award with that off topic post.

mms and LeDude83 like this.
  2. Loren Thomas

Loren Thomas Gamer

That's good news for AC, hopefully the same can be done for ACC (preferably by Kunos since they'd be best able to optimize it).

Never mind the fact that for GT3 cars with a traditional central rearview mirror (which is still the majority) you're going to see huge amounts of rollcage and rear wing in it - making it much harder to see cars behind.

Sorry for hijacking the thread a little... I've made my point, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who cares about this.

RS10 likes this.
  3. RS10

RS10 Simracer

You either did not follow the 'mirror' part of the discussion from the start or you have severe comprehension issues ...

>"Driver's mirrors only need rendering from the driver's point of view."
    >Here's a driver's point of view in a road car and in an actual POV video from a GT3 car which shows part of the car in the mirror from the driver's perspective
    >"Your post doesn't relate at all"

It has been about whether you see part of your own car from inside the car the entire time and judging by the non-RTX video you do not see it, which is cheap and something one could have expected with the jump to a more capable graphics engine.

You do though, the lower pic is from a POV video in a GT3 car.
    If you drive a car yourself you know that a properly set up mirror shows some of your own car since the center mirror is limited to what you can see through your rear window.

4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I was saying about that angle from preview photo... not about mirror POV of a racing driver.
    Gonna find photo i am talking about and edit this post in a few min.

[​IMG]

This is what i was talking about and probablly guy who mentioned it in discussion. Yes looks cool but uneccesary while you race and in Chase cam?? But ofc i also want to have mirrors working from interior pov.

RS10 likes this.
  5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

No car reflection in the mirror, no buy. Yay!

dajdosta likes this.
  6. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Option for 3D mirros (perferably adjustable mirrors like x4fab's mod allows doing in AC1) would be welcomed. I guess it could tax even more FPS, but not like this needs RTX to be done. Live for Speed has 3D mirrors. Point is not to see fancy reflections of your car, that also has fancy reflections... but to have mirrors that actually work with VR and TrackIR. Resolution, detail or draw distance of the mirror is not that important

gandlers and RS10 like this.
  7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

iRacing also has 3D mirrors but, yes - adjustable and 3D would be excellent. The option to reduce mirror detail for FPS gains is likely an important feature in any case.

8. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

in ir they are adjustable

9. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Having played ACC at E3, and knowing unreal. Kunos are very likely utilizing it pretty conservatively following performance benchmarks of AC where ever possible. And UE4 does many thinks 100% more efficient than Kunos home brew engine... though it also does a few things inefficiently that Kunos will avoid.

I think the core areas that will effect performance in ACC will be lighting, physics of AI cars, collisions, and AI. These can have huge variables and most are very math heavy. That being said, ACC could be more CPU bound than GPU but it’s more about how they approach these things, as a game dev? Or a sim dev? But in the end, I’m not really worried about needing a top end machine to enjoy ACC and the sim market is already limited enough as a genera so they are going to be more likely to have a low baseline and trim intensive instructions than force people to have super fast pc’s. All the higher end stuff can be options.

Just look at top end FPShooter games. They run great with all the bells and whistles but competitive players still turn all that “fluff” off for insane FPS (pun?)

Radfahrer and D.Jankovic like this.
  10. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

About Ray Tracing in ACC, what is the devs or anyone who might have seen it already opinion. In VR, since VR is not as revealing as a single 4K and I drive 100% in VR, will it make a noticeable difference during game play? I hardly ever take shot or watch replay.
    Or will it be more like you have to compare on or off to see a difference?
    Asking because I am ready to pull the trigger on a 1080 ti but I have a doubt that I might regret not waiting for the 2080 as I suspect I will spend quite some time driving in ACC.

Whitestar and boabmatic like this.
  11. to be honest with the performance currently available with raytracing VR is pretty much an impossible proposition.
    So if your reason for getting a 2080 is just because of RT in VR I would say don't do it.

chops13, LChaves, Whitestar and 18 others like this.
  12. Stains

Stains Simracer

Thank You ! Its great to hear someone who actually knows confirm this for me . Coming from a 1080Ti for over a year now i was really keen on this Gen Ti but after seeing the release and now your comment just confirmed I should wait till next round .
    Really disappointed with the way nVidia went after such a long run with Pascal .

Torcano likes this.
  13. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Same, I'd much happily wait for the 7nm cards from both AMD and Nvidia and see how they do. Gonna skip this 20xx generation altogether, the minimum performance gain in normal games and whatever that "being on the bleeding edge" bs is most definitely not worth the price hike. I'm sure the 1080ti will do me just fine for another year lmao. :D

14. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Of course matter of income level and how much of tech fanatic you are. But imo upgrading every GPU generation is not good investment, upgrade every second generation minimal. If you already have 1080 Ti, I would wait for the next generation of GPUs after 2080. Some of these RT presentations looked like the "Off" image had worse reflections, than what would be possible. To make the difference look bigger

LChaves, esox71, Torcano and 3 others like this.
  15. Stains

Stains Simracer

Yeah , in the ACC one the reflections were like on Low or even lower .
    nVidia and their marketing BS . AC has some of the bebt reflections and im sure ACC will be no different .

16. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

ACC has the reflections that UE4 allows. As opposed to our previous engine, UE4 has screenspace reflections, meaning that whatever is not in the screen will not be reflected, and whatever is in the screen will be reflected in all its definition. This can result in highly detailed and accurate reflections in scenarios where objects are close (mostly car interiors and narrow areas such as the pitlane) but also quite dull reflections in open areas where the reflecting surface is alone on the screen. There was no cheating in the comparisons.

The main difference is that RTX provides a continuous flow of reflections across the scene, providing sharp deteailed reflections regardless of where the camera is looking.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    Rosko, c.j, Nick Moxley and 10 others like this.
  17. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

18. c.j

c.j Rookie

The amount people spend on getting the perfect pixel every frame you could go racing. Sept can't come soon enough

19. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Sure but remember that some people are actually replacing real racing with virtual racing, those are the people that are happy to spend $20k plus on a sim rig and associated hardware. Virtual racing has the advantage of being able to use many different cars on tracks all over the world which unless you are a full time pro driver in real life you won’t get the opportunity to do.

For me I could either spend $10k or so a year doing track days in my GTR being limited to two tracks or I could also spend a heap of $ but virtually race many cars on many tracks, I have personally chosen the later and happily spend what it takes to get the best result (within some reason)

20. ... or in my unfortunate case, you get your dream monster track toy, you take it to the track but can't get the full potential out of it as you just get the cold sweats and want to throw up in 3 laps.

Sim rig quenches the thirst without said cold sweats - so I've diverted my track budget into my rig budget.

I for one am willing to get onto the RTX hype train. RT is exciting, as while [who knows...] how performant it will be, it's an important step towards more immersion. In a couple of years with seriously grunty hardware I'm sure we'll all look back at stuff going "wow, how off did that feel".

Lapping midpack on AC1 I'm still "wow this is awesome".. I'm sure I'm going to have a full complete brain explosion in 2 weeks time... and then at some point in the future to get RTX... oh yeah, good times...

c.j, Micii1 and Serge M like this.