1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Price Please!?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by go.neil, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Turk

Turk Alien

I think people shouldn't assume the rating system will be a wet blanket on their fun. I think a lot of people don't realise what it takes to finish a proper race, they become obsessed with fastest laps and end up being terrible racers. This ranking system looks like a good way of teaching people what it really takes to do well in proper racing.

There's always the option to completely ignore it and race offline where it doesn't matter.

Maybe the rating system needs to have a positive affirmation mode to encourage people to stick at it.

[​IMG]

Minolin likes this.
  2. chakko

chakko Alien

Woot. The whole fun in iR IS that it is regulated. :) If that really spoils the fun for anyone, then that anyone should really think about if simracing is really for him. I'd even go so far as to call it a necessity to have good, clean races to have rules, and ratings.

LeDude83 likes this.
  3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Obviously those that don't care about their ratings or racing with clean drivers can join servers with others like them and soft entry, those that want better racing with people that want some better standard racing will also be able to. Those that don't care about causing carnage with others but want others to race them clean will just need to change their approach or be stuck in servers with others at a similar level to them.

Its not really an elitest thing and anyone can race clean if they want to, the main trick with ratings is to get those that want better racing to actually use it to their advantage. MR tried but failed at this, PC2 I think tried but also failed so it will be interesting to see how ACC takes on this and if they can get people to want to improve their race craft in order to get better racing.

4. Full_Ninja

Full_Ninja Racer

This is the 1st I've heard that they are using Denuvo. I really hope that's not true.

5. chakko

chakko Alien

I'll bite: What's so bad about Denuvo? And why isn't the Steam DRM sufficient enough?

6. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Denuvo is ONE HELL OF A CPU HOG.

It's been recently proven...

D.Jankovic likes this.
  7. chakko

chakko Alien

I'm not saying what you say is true or not. But, when you say something is proven, i usually expect at least a link to an article, or better, benchmarks, which prove it. I read so much BS about copy protections that i'm pretty sceptical in general. People just generally hate every kind of copy protection. At least people on the net. The vast majority of customers won't even care, notice, or know about it.

8. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Simracer

9. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Just watched this video like 2 days ago.. it is hitting performance not massive but still there.. and it is poor protection since big games like Assassins creed got cracked ib like 2 days i belive if not a bit longer. But it was affecting performance a lot.

So yea.. best way if they will use it to remove it after it gets cracked

10. chakko

chakko Alien

DRM or copy protections aren't made as a completely and 100% safe wall against cracking. It's made to make things hard to crack.

As for the performance impact: I have a hard time beilieving that, TBH. 30 frames more, just because the DRM was removed? Come on... that's just silly. Noone would use a DRM which has such a significant performance impact.

Interested to hear what the top cat has to say about it. I predict some torn out hair. Oh, wait, he doesn't have any hair. Phew. ;)

Again, people hate DRM and copy protections. So they make up all kinds of ****.

11. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I didn't mean to imply that it was going to be included in the game, but my point being, it would be a shame if it were to be included.

12. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

Then what is the point to add this kind speculations? o_O I hope the game doesn't include any type of mushrooms. :rolleyes:

13. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Jankovic already replied for me (thanks btw)

AND i'm going to add these: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...-irdeto-on-protecting-early-sales-from-piracy

Straight from the horse's mouth :)

14. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Edit: Wrong thread.

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Well nothing stopping you from getting it sooner and not using it much til a later release. ;)

mms likes this.
  17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Doesnt seem like i need to. :)

18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Guess not as I forgot which release VR is :oops:, but good of Kunos to mention the price changes so people that wait dont get surprised. It will also give them a better indication of the core user base who will likely buy it day 1 with this price structure rather then wait for a price rise.

19. Turk

Turk Alien

I'm going to buy it day one and do the unspeakable. Play it on a controller. My rigs packed away, I ain't upacking all that and carrying it up a flight of stairs for no single screen.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont think ive seen that in any other EA title that tells how much it will cost with each release so its a nice move by them!

mms and martcerv like this.