1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is ACC going to run worse on AMD cards?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by ShimonART, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I doubt it'll run worse on AMD because of Nvidia technology.

2. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I don't know the full ins and outs of it, but in the past I think developers could use graphic librarys which were bespoke designed to run on nVidia hardware. When running an ATi / AMD card the result wasn't always worse performance, but often worse visuals. A good example of that was Battlefield 2. On an nV card the shadows appeared nice and smooth, on an ATi card the shadows were quite blocky and noticeably worse quality.

Again, from what I understand subsequent Direct X versions have attempted to stamp this out and make everything uniform, however there is undoubted pressure and commercial forces at play which means these things are still happening.

Raklödder likes this.
  3. Daniel Wood

Daniel Wood Gamer

anyone know for sure if the game will support SLI?

4. Vel

Vel Simracer

5. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

I doubt it. They probably worked with Nvidia to implement their new technology, which will probably be an on/off toggle somewhere in the settings if you own a new (rtx 20xx) Nvidia card.

6. TheGibo

TheGibo Rookie

unfortunately unreal engine is nvidia and intel flavour so answer is YES, if ACC will support vulkan then not so much :)

7. TheGibo

TheGibo Rookie

where do you live for more that last 15
    you will live, dont wory about RX570 much worse could be with your 4cores with full AI and rain

8. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

are they AI going to run the same physics as player or will they will be simplified?

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

What?

10. TheGibo

TheGibo Rookie

*years - sry my bad

11. TheGibo

TheGibo Rookie

duno but hope the same &more that 32AI pls kunos :)

12. Speed RacerX

Speed RacerX Gamer

Can someone with AMD gpu post on the performance?

13. dentalfloss

dentalfloss Rookie

I have an R9 360, which comfortably exceeds the minimum requirement. In practice in dry weather, with everything turned all the way down except for Temporal AA at high and resolution scaling at 100, I stay roughly around 55 FPS at 720p.

My bigger problem is my FX-770K, which is in the ballpark of the minimum requirement. I can't keep FPS in the 50's with more than three AI cars. Making fewer visible doesn't help, so it's the CPU they're maxing out.

Speed RacerX likes this.
  14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Doesn't look too bad from initial tests...medium/high settings can keep the FPS at my cap of 74, most of the time.

Speed RacerX likes this.
  15. I have a R9 390x sapphire tri-x, and it runs smooth with all setting to epic and TEMPORAL AA even in race with 21 cars.
    Didn't check fps yet.

16. Timobkg

Timobkg Rookie

i5, RX 480 4GB, 6040x1080 (3 x 1080p) - ~40 fps (35-45) with everything set to Medium and Temporal AA.

Speed RacerX likes this.
  17. Timobkg

Timobkg Rookie

You should be fine. My RX 480 4GB gets ~40 fps at 6040x1080 on medium settings, and that's at the current Early Access level.

18. Timobkg

Timobkg Rookie

Just did a race with 20 AI opponents - 6040x1080 on medium settings - 40-50 fps, with a low of 37.

19. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

I have an R5 1600 and a MSI R9 285 which is equal to an R9 380.
    It makes on a full Grid with low-mid graphics around 54-66 FPS.

What worrys me more is that I cant enter a CPU limit with this combo.
    Even in 720p everything off or low my GPU Load is 97-99%.
    This seems kinda unrealistic, I wonder really.
    My CPU is bounded to 40-50% "only".

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Gotta put this into relation: when I take these settings to a night AI race in the storm, the FPS are between 40 and 50. NVidia equivalent figures would be interesting.

I said it in the other thread, already: FreeSync works so well...as long as I'm between 40 and 75 it's silky smooth. Can only recommend a FreeSync Screen for AMD users who can't afford a Vega 64.