1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - RayTracing confirmed?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Deatroy, Aug 17, 2018.

1. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I can't wait to see people complaining about texture pop-in in the reflection.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  2. c.j

c.j Rookie

And I am in the same category so far as loving the freedom to drive at tracks that would be inaccessible to me, the comment was more directed at the fret that some people have over whether their experience is going to look pixel perfect. I'm hoping that ACC having being built with support from Epic it will work on a good variety of hardware. I am not overly knowledgeable about the details of such things, certainly not aiming to offend anyone, we're all here for the same reasons I guess. Kunos built a good base with AC and people are excited for the next one, hopefully everyone will be pleasantly surprised and entertainingly humbled by these GT3 weapons.

back to the topic, it does look amazing, but I play in VR so that extreme detail might be lost?

3. Turk

Turk Alien

The fear of death, the last step in immersion.

4. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

What about DLSS though could that not be useful for VR or is there a technical limitation for that in VR? I find it odd that not all of these trailblazing games shown at NVIDIA are using this new DLSS when there is supposedly such a performance boost. For me the tensor deep learning chip is just as exciting but there's not nearly as much info & discussion about it.

5. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

Just Wait Rosko

6. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

in 1-2 weeks there are the first official tests.
    Then we are smarter about VR, DLAA and RTX.

7. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

To be quite honest? I think Kunos only agreed when probably being approached by NVIDIA to implement this just because of marketing reasons, not because they as sim racing makers believe so much in this technology. And this is totally fine. You think any of the guys in the studio, Marco, Aris, Stefano would opt for playing their game in 1080/60 instead of 1440/144 or more just so they can have better reflections and softer shadows? Rhetorical question is rhetorical ;)
    RT is a technology i see working best in games like Tomb Raider, Uncharted, Assassins Creed. Means games that are relatively slow paced adventure games running at maximum 60fps or lower anyways.

8. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I don't agree.
    RT is a technology that it's included in unreal engine, so why not add it?

Also the game will be released at 2019 and will have some life span. Not far ahead we might see 7nm GPUs which might be able to push the fps where we needed.

But we need to let the game released.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

9. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I see your point, i guess the point i wanted to make is that implementing RT takes up development time and as it still is a technology that is just barely starting to appear in gaming it is sort of an 'unnecessary' feature in genres where low input lag and over 60fps is sort of a must for competitive gameplay. RT is a technology that as far as i see it benefits graphical showcase games and usually sim racing games are not specifically made for that.

And still, i think that having RT vs conventional shadows and screen space reflections do not benefit a fast paced game as much as a game like, say, Tomb Raider where you can take your time sneaking through bushes, slowly approaching something where the ray effects are in full work etc. Whereas in games like Battlefield or ACC you are constantly moving fast past things, you have to react fast, your eyes need to catch completely different elements on screen and the RT technology can go very unnoticed here.

10. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

RT (or VXGI, etc...) is good for all games, if you want a realistic representation. But, I agree, it's maybe too soon for simracing because this requires a lot of ressources.
    And with simracing, you have already triple screen or VR to deal with.

I'm glad that ACC was at the Nvidia presentation for RT. It shows that ACC is technologically advanced (with UE 4).

Serge M likes this.
  11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

This is my feeling. I don’t care that I can’t max it out now, im sure it will still look great. I’m happy that it will have features I can enable later when hardware advance and hence will still be graphically current

12. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

I agree ! I understand the other point of view .
    For me, it's also important.

13. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

From what I gathered by Nvidia's presentation, RT is a feature that can be turned off. So, what's the fuzz? If the impact on performance is too big, we can just turn it off and pretend it never existed.

14. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

15. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Well, the problem in general with the upcoming GPUs is that people feel a bit of a let down in respect to the classic performance of the card if you ignore ray tracing. Apparently the 2080Ti is only 35% faster on average then the 1080Ti at almost double the price, while the 1080Ti was 25% faster than the regular 1080 at around 36% price increase.
    So "the fuzz" is not necessarily that RT is at the moment relatively demanding for the system, it's about the classic performance jump not being that high but still NVIDIA wants more than premium money for the card which clearly is because of the RT feature, but which will be hard to utilize at this point in time because literally nobody will opt to come down from 1440/100+Hz to 1080/60 just for softer shadows and better reflections. Or?

16. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

I understand that and it will probably be the reason I'll stick with my 1080 and not upgrade to this generation. But I mean, supporting the technology doesn't hurt the game in any way nor does it raise the minimum requirements so why not as well do it and make it more future-proof?

Serge M likes this.
  17. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I have no idea how much development time it takes up to implement and optimize(!) the RT technology. If it does not take away from the time needed to get more important parts of the game right, then sure, knock yourself out :)

18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

RT will not be in EA or perhaps not even int the final release of the game. What was at NVidia presentation was experimental build, tech demo.
    It might come some time later. But seriously, at current state of performance, who needs it.

gandlers, th3o and BrunUK like this.
  19. Stains

Stains Simracer

Well with that attitude, who needed 1440p or 4k two years ago ? Nothing could run it maxed out then but we sure use it now . So it's good nVidia are still innovating . Give it a year or maybe even less who wouldn't want RTX ?
    Kunos would be silly not to implement it with options to turn it off .

20. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien