1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

FFB frequency

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Jynnantonix, Sep 6, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emha76

emha76 Gamer

Physics and FFB rates explained. (from the beginning)

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  2. Before you have even tried the game you are asking Stefano if the value that he chose for FFB is going to be good enough, yet I am the troll. Why not simply assume that it won't be (as you and your buddies here have already done) and go ahead and run over to RD and post some more sad face emojis. (pretty much just copy and paste your dynamic track reaction)

PLebre likes this.
  3. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

111hz equals to 0.009 seconds, so I'm not sure where you got that 0.5 second delay from...

4. ATM I don't get you Michael.
    I don't think anyone here assume it as bad or good. The game is not available to test so there is no way other than asking.
    One of the strongest point of AC is the FFB (at least for me) and it should be normal to worry about.

5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I was refering to Ledudes 2Hz.

6. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

I see, my bad.

7. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I would expect whatever filter they use is just at a set rate, not adjusting to how often the game sends info but no I don't know. With the response time on consumer motors it might just be using that inertia as the filter.

I'm sorta hoping for a revolution in ffb though... just sending a force is a silly way of doing it, can't take advantage of or work around the physical limitations of the wheel. If you sent the current center and spring force then you don't need to be sending info at as high a frequency as possible, the wheel will be able to adjust its force as it moves. Then likewise any difference between center and current position can be treated as the force the player's pushing the wheel with and you could compensate for slow wheels by having the simulator's wheel turn faster than the player's and just take up the slack in the system.

8. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Following on from this, with a bit more poking around I came across some more info about the Simucube capabilities:
    I found it in more than one place (e.g. here) but interestingly the current user guide doesn't include this precise version of the text.
    The main point I learn from this? Well, there would be no point in changing from 1500 Hz to 480 Hz if the bandwidth of the entire system - including the motor - wasn't high enough to "see" the > 1 kHz stuff coming through.
    I still don't reckon my body can tell the difference between 100 Hz FFB and 1 MHz, but I'll do some more testing, just to see :p (Next up: driving along ridged kerbs!)

9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

111 Hz is still almost twice what iRacing is doing. :p

But yeah, I'm also a bit worried that it might be a bit on the low side, but ok, if that's the compromise that has to be taken (right now?), then I'm fine with it.

10. Tberg

Tberg Alien

11. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

What kind of wheels do you guys use? Many in the market don't support above 160-180hz anyway.

12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

G27 supports 500 Hz.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

13. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

It might support it, but does it actually update feedback at 500hz? If I remember correctly the G29/G920 doesn't go above 180hz.

14. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I am not sure.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

15. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

dunno why ppl are getting worked up, iracing runs at 60hz and feels fine

16. Flavus

Flavus Racer

Yeah but us AC die hards are accustomed to a lot better than just "fine" :p

17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

For me it's an OSW (SimuCUBE + Lenze servo), so direct drive.
    In principle, the wheel can support pretty much every signal frequency, although my guess would be that anything above the USB update rate (max 1000 Hz iirc) won't make sense at all.

But it's hard to tell upfront if a lower FFB frequency is a problem or not. For AC, I could drive at half FFB rate (180 Hz iirc?) and it was fine for me.
    111 Hz vs. 180 Hz might be a significant difference (at least number-wise it is), but I need to actually drive ACC to judge it. Might also be that it's no problem whatsoever.
    Also my guess would be that Kunos now have (or at least soon will have) a prototype of the Fanatec DD wheel, so they will be aware of these things and be able to judge if there is a problem or not.
    It's like with many things. If you only use low budget products you might not be aware of some things you will totally miss if you ever used a high budget version of the same product.
    e.g. buy some random cheap headphones and they might be mediocre, which however you might not actually know (and thus they might sound fine to you).
    That is until you actually use some classier headphones that deliver much better sound (don't necessarily have to be very expensive, 50-100€ might do).
    After that you might not be able to go back to the mediocre headphones.

18. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

have you played iracing? calling its ffb budget and AC high end is not at all true, iracing has very good ffb, arguably as good if not better than AC, it runs at 60hz and feels good, so acc at 111hz will be absolutely fine, this is a case of ppl simply overreacting because of numbers

19. Iracing ffb is trash.

Raklödder likes this.
  20. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

everything not AC is trash according to you, you're so biased your opinion is useless

ZaaNuzzi, Pulley, MR279321 and 2 others like this.