1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

FFB frequency

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Jynnantonix, Sep 6, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iracing ffb has been trash for a lot longer than AC has been around.

rauf00 and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  2. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

absolutely not.
    not at all.

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

No, I never tried iracing and never will. (Just not interested.)
    But I've read numerous reports from OSW iracing users.

Also, I didn't say that its FFB is budget, just that you might not notice a low FFB rate on all wheels.
    On a DD wheel, you will definitely notice the difference between 60 Hz and 120 Hz and if you got sensitive hands, also the difference between 120 Hz and 240 Hz.

For the OSW, there was a post-processing filter added specifically for iracing due to its low FFB rate, which basically smoothens the signal a bit.
    For AC, that isn't necessary. Will have to see for ACC.

rauf00 likes this.
  4. This.

After_Midnight likes this.
  5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I agree. I enjoy AC's a bit more but IR's is far from trash.

I think MH is losing it...either direct agression, cynism or one-liners to trigger people.

ZaaNuzzi and liakjim like this.
  6. magzire

magzire Alien

For me also, feels the most natural. Never understood some people saying it's the worst.

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Some people just have crazy expectations about things like FFB.

Also, for some people there are just not enough sliders and settings to ruin it.

Jebus, Neilski and stefanoCasillo like this.
  8. Most important thing when setupping FFB for iR is to make it almost non-existant so it feels less distracting. Even pC2 FFB makes more sense.

I don't know if it's a justification of lower ACC tick rate or what but I'm surprised to see such positive words regarding iR FFB. Definitely not seen before on these forums... :p

9. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

most ppl **** on iracing have never played it, you normally find ppl that do try it stick with iracing long term and it becomes their main sim

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  10. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

For me not a justification.
    It's just what i think about ir, where i'm been a 5 years member and this summer i've give it another retry.

Imho ir has only 2 problems, high prices and to much elite community which commute a beauty sim in a not-payed job.

11. mannitom77

mannitom77 Racer

I think many people choose iracing to their main sim is because they do other things like online racing so well. And many just tolerate poor FFB because of that. I have tried iracing almost every year even before AC and it has always felt bad.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  12. Is AC's FFB rate really 333Hz?

The physics rate is 333Hz, but isn't the FFB rate not always half the physics rate at max? I think I remember something from Reiza, their AMS physics run at 720fps and the FFB at 360Hz or 180Hz, if you choose so.

Also, I'm sure stuff like "1000Hz" update rate from Fanatec for example is just marketing BS.
    111Hz is totally fine if the underlying physics are good and stuff like jerk (how quickly the acceleration changes) is smoothed or limited to the right amount where it can feel "crisp" and "no rubber joints in a race car"-harsh, but not "I'm starting to lose feel in my hands from the vibrations!" and "my DD is breaking my 80/20" or "my CSW belt is slipping".

This is something where I feel PCARS2 feels pretty damn good with a T300/TX wheel, but really bad with a CSW v2.5 even... must pretty garbage with a DD wheel.

13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Yes, it has been a default since 1.12, before it was indeed half of that, read this
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...99-warnings-after-v1-12-update-eng-ita.43172/

14. chakko

chakko Alien

Can only nod in agreement here... makes one wonder what they've been smoking every time.

15. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Can anyone with a G27 confirm if they can tell the difference between FF_SKIP_STEPS settings of 0, 1 and 2?
    And if so, please say what car/track and places (corners/kerbs...) you notice it most.

Yesterday I tried an F2004 at Silverstone GP and really paid attention to the kerbs. I was unable to distinguish between 0 and 2 no matter what I did.
    When I had it set to 5, I was noticing some dodgy/spiky behaviour on the (slightly glitchy?) kerbs on the left side of the National Pit Straight, but in normal cornering I think it still more or less felt the same.

I imagine it's probably true that you will need a high-end wheel to really show up the limited bandwidth of an FFB system. But as others have already said, it's also a fair bet that KS have access to decent wheels and have based their optimisation on actual testing :)

16. Poloman

Poloman Racer

I actually did a blind test today.i changed it before i leave home,and came back to play without remembering i have altered it.
    Didnt notice any different,thought i only had it on 1.
    (I actually did my personal best time) 650s GT3 @ barcelona

Neilski likes this.
  17. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Apart from this being probably one of the most useless threads prior to the release, I'd like to ask everyone to stay civilised, especially you Michael.
    The others are right, every post I see from you tends to be something unnecessarily "controversial".

Typer, Shooter80, Neilski and 12 others like this.
  18. Fine. I'm out. Feel free to remove from this forum; **** this entire community.
    [​IMG]

ZaaNuzzi, rycil and garyjpaterson like this.
  19. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

[​IMG]

20. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

AC has the best FFB without any doubt with my trusty (but humble) G27, so im eager to see how ACC compares, hopefully it will be as good as AC.

Raklödder likes this.