1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Suspension and Spart... setups, I mean setups!

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

who are you? the new Kunos sales person?
    And what did you do to Aris? :p :D

bondyboy, Radfahrer, liakjim and 2 others like this.
  2. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

well … for a lot of street cars you can't actually turn off the ABS in real life, so definitely yes.
    While you can do that in AC and while many of them run just fine without ABS, there are definitely some cars that have a brake bias so much forward (which you can't change) so that driving them without ABS means driving with almost no rear brakes at all.
    e.g. some of the BMW like the E30.

trucidatio likes this.
  3. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Off Topic

Especially modern and advanced street sportscars have also active brake bias, which if you disable the ABS, really messes up the handling. So beware.

trucidatio likes this.
  4. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

There is usually some way of disabling it if you go deep enough (taking power off controllers or even replacing controllers, etc.), but yeah, many cars are adjusted by factory to rely on ABS as you said.

5. trucidatio

trucidatio Gamer

sorry, I didn't mean to derail the thread, I was thinking about GT3s
    back on topic boys, please

Aristotelis likes this.
  6. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I put some more brainpower into the matter and I get it now. I wasn't overthinking it as much as I was thinking about it completely incorrectly :oops::D

7. Aristotelis

No worries, thats why I'm doing the posts. I know many will take them as simple marketing promotion, but all I want to do is to explain the novelties and prepare you, and share all that I had to stay silent for more than a year... feels so good :D

Also, I'm sure that after trying it, even more questions and suggestions will arise and these threads will be the perfect place to discuss, get ideas, do corrections and so on. Keep your expectations realistic and keep the feedback coming ;)

8. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Hardly going to happen :D

How is Nordschleife coming along? Will be nice to do VLN with 180+ cars when the snow starts falling. :D

9. mannitom77

mannitom77 Racer

I'm pretty sure that realistic expectations was gone right after your first blog or even earlier:D
    And you can count on sim racers, there's gonna be more feedback than you can handle:D

10. That's the first thing people (haters mostly) will do, turn off all tc and abs and complain it sucks.

I wonder if real drivers ever turn off any of the aids, because I don't think they will be any better without them

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Maybe it's really just me but I tended to disable TCS and ABS in cars I hadn't driven yet in AC to first get a feel for how they drive that way and then switch through the settings (and I still maintain beginners are better served with having all off and taking it slow instead of all on, feeling too safe and going too fast too early). Didn't know I'm a AC hater.

12. Turk

Turk Alien

[​IMG]

13. RSR2KX

RSR2KX Racer

TC Yes, ABS No.

14. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Nice write up Aris.

So is this way real GT3 teams do setup approach.

We will get limit on everything?

Amount of camber/toe/rear wing changes.

Everything will be aimed for realistic values.

15. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

@Aristotelis :
    For the ride hight, aren`t the main factor the Springs? Springs are the one which keep the car off the ground (as much as we want) + pressure in tires a bit, but lets keep it out for now.
    So to keep the car at the same level with 1 liter or with 50 liters of fuel, springs will have to change (too)?? - according to your words.
    Or am I missing something here?
    Even in RL the car will change the ride right when changing total weight of the car. I don`t really get it, why ACC will do it instead of you, its kinda strange!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  16. Aristotelis

You change ride height by altering the rod length. Especially on race cars you don't want to change ride height by altering the spring stiffness or preload. Specifically preload "is satan" as said by a race engineer :) , so everybody stays away from it. You set the rod length up and down and you modify the ride height while keeping your spring rates identical, which obviously is what you want to have correct handling predictions in a proper race car.

trucidatio likes this.
  17. what he means is that you don´t need to adjust everything when changing some setting, you have say 60mm front height and you want to change the spring stiffness, then you click on the spring stiffness and it will keep the 60mm height without having to adjust it manually as in AC. that´s what I understood

LeDude83 likes this.
  18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

You seem to be clever. :D ;)

19. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

But anyway, Ride height is actually not an actual setting on RL (racing) car. It is defined by different parts of the suspension.
    I assume GT3 cars have these push rods to adjust the ride height, am I right?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  20. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Why not? Springs + rods = height.
    If you"'ll.want to stiffen the springs, the game will.automatically reduce the rods to stay on same height and as such won't get the alignment altered.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk