1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

FOV calculation same as AC?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by buddhatree, Sep 12, 2018.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Racer

I use an FOV calculator website for all my racing sims and ACC isn't listed yet so I'm wondering if I can use the same FOV that I calculated for AC? Thanks and great job on the early access release. Loving it!

Luca Zari likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Bug reports acc fov bug Apr 2, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB and FOV Jul 20, 2023
    ACC User Interface Optimal Fov for curved monitor Mar 25, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FOV Jun 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FOV Jun 9, 2022
    ACC User Interface Can we get monitor curvature FOV adjustment like iRacing? May 22, 2022
    General modding discussion How to change Onboard FOV with python Mar 12, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions No 2021 Season, no FOV available Feb 24, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Triple screen FOV setting tied to which view ? Feb 15, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions T300RS GT. FOV. Questions Jan 19, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DEFAULT FOV? Dec 26, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality New FHolger mod - foveated VR Dec 23, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Trees Dissapearing/Reappearing [Extreme FOV setup] Nov 29, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Enabling AMD FSR alters FOV [FSR disables projection correction] Nov 25, 2021
    XBox One Discussions FOV setting problem Sep 15, 2021

3. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

Great question. I second this question KS :)

4. skolar

skolar Rookie

vFOV = 2 x {invTan x [(ImageHeight ÷ 2) ÷ ViewingDistance]}

excel example:

=2*(DEGREES(ATAN(((Image Height/2)/Viewing Distance))))

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    NWG.Slum and buddhatree like this.
  5. skolar

skolar Rookie

MonitorAngle = 2 x {invTan x [MonitorWidth ÷ (2 x ViewingDistance)]}

NWG.Slum and buddhatree like this.
  6. buddhatree

buddhatree Racer

Thanks skolar. So ACC is also vFOV just like AC? I can use the same FOV then. Good deal.

NWG.Slum likes this.
  7. Cantago_NL

Cantago_NL Gamer

FOV is always the same, except when you change monitors or change your position regarding the monitor.

What I do question is, when you put in the same setting, you seem to get a different view than in AC. Strange...

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  8. Well, you can't set values lower than 30 degrees, so idk if it's not implemented yet, or it's not vFOV.

9. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Good question. @pankykapus do you have an answer for us in this matter?

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Yep, the scale seems to be off.

nate and Cantago_NL like this.
  11. Cantago_NL

Cantago_NL Gamer

Could be that AC was a bit off and ACC is more realistic, but does not seem to be that way.

12. It's the same, both AC and ACC use vFOV. You have to chose the helmet cam for it to match AC. Then put everything else at 0 on the fov adjustment screen. You can also set it up for the static cockpit cam but it's trial and error. Set the fov the same and then use height and position to obtain the exact same wheel size. Take a screen shot of the helmet cam and one on the cockpit cam and use a program such as photoshop to put them on top of eachother at the same zoom level and reduce the opacity of the top one to 50. I have done this and everything matches perfectly with only the numbers in the electronic displays beying different. If you want I can give you my numbers for my correct 43 fov setting in cockpit cam.
    Actually I just put them here now.
    So for fov 43 select Cockpit cam and put Height at -5, Distance at -23, and FOV at 43 and now it matches the helmet cam.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    buddhatree likes this.
  13. Cantago_NL

Cantago_NL Gamer

Helmet cam! Did not think about that, good tip, will try that.

14. Cantago_NL

Cantago_NL Gamer

Tried it, but the movement of the helmet cam makes me instant sick. Can not deal with that, but the view does seems to better that way. I would love to see a 60 degrees comparison between real life and ACC.

15. Got used to it eventually but I didn't have a problem getting sick, mind you I never used to play with that kind of dynamic cam in any sim. But anyway as I said you can obtain the correct view in the static one to but it's trial and error work.
    I think head position will never be accurate for everyone since people are different heights to start with. I think at my 1.70 I would barely see out of a reca car if at all lol :D

16. jayeffaar

jayeffaar Rookie

FOV is FOV, and should not change with the sim, unless they are computing it wrong.

Cantago_NL likes this.
  17. jayeffaar

jayeffaar Rookie

Is anyone driving with FOV values under 30 degrees? How can you see anything? Surely there's a way to get closer to the monitor, or get a bigger one.

18. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Sitting how far from what size screen?
    You realize 60 is quite high of an FOV and require to be sitting really close to a really big screen to be anything like what you would see in real life?
    How are you calculating your FOV at the moment? It is not just a number you play with.o_O

19. Yep. I sit at about 65cm from a 42 inch tv and my correct vFOV is 43. Maybe he means hFOV (that is 75 for me in PCars 2), or it's just his preference you now.

20. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

26° here, but on triples. I see everthing besides the driver's side mirror because the safety net is in the way :)
    I'd never recommend using such a low FOV on a single 16:9 monitor.

21. jayeffaar

jayeffaar Rookie

I'm kinda curious as to why. Are you forced to sit really far from your screen, or it is that tiny?

Edit: Ok... Just saw it's triples. So it's 3x26 degrees? That's not so bad.

2nd Edit: I need to learn to read threads better... didn't realize this game uses vertical FOV. Is that specified in the UI anywhere, or are we just supposed to know?