1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Current state of AC and the future

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Salad Fingers, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Do you have a link to this statement please

2. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I guess days of kitchen sink of cars games are over for Kunos.

3. lol so dramatic. Its just one game, people making out as if thats their future set in stone for the rest of time :D

aotto1977, Dookie and jaxx_za like this.
  4. Turk

Turk Alien

My guess is it will be a lot like AC DLC, except instead of just giving a random set of cars and a track we'll get a fully implemented race series. So the DLC may be IMSA, or Le Mans, or touring cars, etc. I'm not saying they'll have any of those series just as an example of how future DLC could happen. But that's all we can do at this stage, guess. But I really don't see Kunos just walking away from this title once it get's it's full release.

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

If I recall correctly there's a statement from Marco Massarutto in the RaceDepartment video interview about that if ACC does well more content like cars and series is a possibility. So it's to be seen, but nothing announced nor rejected.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  6. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

I don't think many of us that have invested so much time into AC will suddenly jump ship, even when ACC goes full release. I was so excited yesterday about ACC, got so hyped through the intro, played for a few hours, said "Cool", and went straight back to AC. As much fun as it was on Day 1 of EA, I doubt I'll drive much ACC compared to AC, even in the future. I have AC modded to the point where I love it, and it's smooth and stable. With CM, gbwSuite, Reshade and SGSS, AC is beautiful - and still moddable :)

Jebus, Phil64, horsky and 2 others like this.
  7. +1

8. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

tried ac and (its only my point of view) the fun in ac is a little bit gone. o_O
    sound - difference between nearly realistic and synthetic :eek:
    ffb - difference between outstanding and artificial. :oops:
    i am a little bit shocked. only used competizione for 5 hours and it wipes out more than 1400 hours fun in ac.:confused:
    that are only my very subjective feelings atm - but for me i fear acc is cannibalizing ac....o_O:rolleyes::oops::eek:
    again - just my 2 cent atm.
    lets see what the next months happens ;)

10. peter boese

peter boese Hardcore Simmer

I am really curious about the future of ACC, but curious the most about the avarage/stable/longtime users.

I wish them a top position in online racing besides iRacing and RaceRoom. The question is, is GT3 enough content (if this is the only content for 1-2 years) to hold the users. What will be the worst, if this is just a franchise sim. It would be wasted with all this realism.

I tried it for some time, but quit it really soon. (Maybe because i'm not a big fan of GT3/racecars). But i also quit it because of the graphics. The pro side of the graphics is, it is much more homogenous, everthing feels like its integrated in one world. But i can't ignore the lack of resolution. Setting it to 2560x1440 feels like a great 1280x720 or a normal downscaled scaled 1920*1080. Its the same with pcars 2. Sure this is the engine, sure its because of compatibility to other systems.
    Its like racing in an open world roleplay game.

I think the menu+UI speaks for itself where the enduser is set.

I really hope this is a step to another product in the future.

With ACC, AC has even more value in the sim racing/driving modding PC world and i must thank Kunos that they gave it to us!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Manfredk2 and Andrew_WOT like this.
  11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

All your fault Peter, your GBW Suite makes ACC look bad in comparison. :D
    Can't wait for the next version.

12. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

13. SoloWingX

SoloWingX Racer

I want to drive the M6 GT3, the new GTR GT3, the Lexus. Unfortunately I can't do that in AC. So I need ACC. ;)
    And for street car or F1 content AC lives on, not to mention the GT1s.

14. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

x4fab is busy. I think there is nothing in the AC code that he has not access to. So far most he implemented was graphics stuff, but there is so much more..hell maybe he can even patch it to full 64bit physics rendering, who knows.

15. Vel

Vel Simracer

Is this wild, overly optimistic, positive flattery and speculation about the modder x4fab and the great modding skills the person has?

16. Jakal

Jakal Racer

Are you living under a rock? He has added working headlights and tracklights, brake- and exhaust flame lights, interior lights, increased shadows distance, SMAA, visual Tyre flex, real mirrors reflecting car interior and exterior including 3d Stereoscopic mirrors for VR, Accumulation AA for screenshots including saving in PNG format, headlights with realistic lag for light bulbs, dynamic spawning of traffic cars, improved fonts rendering to fix lag caused by some apps, track and car screenshots on the previously grey loading screen PLUS he is working on a full 24h time cycle and rain effects on the windscreen including wiper animations as can be seen here: https://streamable.com/z2twh
    and here:

And tbh. i have only listed SOME things from the shaders patch, there is much much more in there.

No, that is not wild, overly optimistic, positive flattery and speculation.

xystof, AccAkut, chksix and 1 other person like this.
  17. Vel

Vel Simracer

No, actually I was more thinking about the history of past and current ongoing development of the Falcon 4.0 flight sim.

Which... has been colorful :) to say the very least.:confused::D

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  18. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

I was... not expecting that. How was x4fab involved..? :confused:

19. magzire

magzire Alien

How does that work without wet tires?

20. magzire

magzire Alien

The Odometer on the car dash works, love small features like these