1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Tyres! oh... it's raining...

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I don't if this came up in this thread already or in another one, but could we get a little explenation on the tyres app of the HUD?

2. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Sure.
    So, 3 bars for IMO temps. The bottom edges of the bars are the surface temps (you can see them going red on spins, quite fast) and the middle part of the bars are the core temps.
    The bars become more or less elongated depending the pressure. More pressure, the middle bar become more elongated, less pressure, the O and I bars become more elongated
    tiny little bars at the inside of each wheel, brake temps.

Lgt.t, foppaldo, Ischemica and 4 others like this.
  3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Thank you.

I was wondering about the different length, but that's answered now. Does this mean then that if the middle bar is longer the pressure should be lower and vice versa or is that independent?

4. Aristotelis

it gives you an indication, but you need to see the trend. If it stays like this for a whole lap then yes you have too much pressure. If it only happens a bit on a specific turn, then this might not be a big problem

Ischemica and Schnipp like this.
  5. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

OK, one more question and then I'll stop annoying you. :rolleyes:

So, from the opening post:
    Slick tyres optimal pressures are 29psi
    Wet tyres optimal pressures are 31psi

Let's say the pressure is 31psi, does this mean the bar on a slick tyre is elongated and on a wet tyre (roughly) matches the inner/outer bar's length?

6. Aristotelis

yes.... although Pirelli says one thing, reality might be a bit different. Explore ;)

Ischemica likes this.
  7. mms

mms Alien

Now you guys go and get a good sleep :p

8. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Thank you again Aris. It might have not been obvious, but my question was just that slick and wet tyres have their own baseline for the length and it's not just an absolute value. :)
    Anyway, since we now know what each bar represents we should be able to figure it out ourselves.

9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

What I can already say is that I get much better along with these GT3 tyres than the ones in AC. :D

10. D_Rod

D_Rod Gamer

Hotlapping in Storm Setting is a religious experience.

flyingpig, chksix and GRFOCO like this.
  11. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

@Aristotelis
    Too few laps for me due to several technical problems here...
    So i would know.
    The current weather presettings, have the ideal rubbered line on the track?
    Or only some of them? (Clear, cloudy, light rain...?)
    for example, clear sky for now has green track without any fast line, or it's optimal track?
    And so on for the other.
    Is the track evolving during laps or it's static in this build?

Can you explain a little bit please?

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  12. Josefhead

Josefhead Racer

I realy like what you have done with the ffb... you have this kind of more car"ish" feel.. that bit dampened feel.. very nice.. and while you might think.. it might feel washy.. that's only on cold fronts.. if they are on temperature.. it's a precise feel...

all the stuff is much more dynamic and with a much more smooth connection then ac had... and you all feel that in the ffb very nice... + quite more nuances more more pronounced nuances like when abs is kicking in.. and such things... ..

but omg... are these tyres now temperature sensitive... were you could drive in AC with cold slicks just fine.. just not as fast.... here the racestart is a nightmare lol... cold slicks are realy nasty :D ... I like it that you realy need to bring your whole car now up to temperature to work

great job already... and you already said.. there is more in progress... very nice

13. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

Is there a way of increasing the rubbered racing line progress rate?
    Like the multiplier we have for the time of day.

14. GGFly

GGFly Rookie

that's great!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  15. chakko

chakko Alien

I tried that yesterday, with wet tyres... quite impossible to keep the car on the track, aquaplaning the whole time. Heavy rain is very well drivable. Not sure if the storm setting isn't a bit useless.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  16. Try Storm in dries for a lap... then you'll appreciate how good the wets are :D

17. D_Rod

D_Rod Gamer

I would hope you used wets :p

I don't think Storm setting is useless, you just have to go extremely slow. Heck, if you watch a past F1 race in Malaysia during a monsoon it is a pretty slow race for them even with all that aero and grip.

I'm sure it'll be fined tuned as time goes on.

LeDude83 likes this.
  18. Aristotelis

Keep in mind that storm is... well...storm. It's just a hint before (or probably after) they cancel the race and redflag it. You're still missing the various more dynamic situations of course, but everything will arrive

Tim Meuris, Typer, Dookie and 3 others like this.
  19. chakko

chakko Alien

I like challenges, so i will try again later. :D

20. Its interesting how much more composed I am in the storm conditions driving alone than with AI on track. Seems I just don't have the mental capacity to drive at what feels like the 'limit' on that level of insanity whilst also trying to work my way through (and avoid when they decide to stop) the AI.
    Alone you can just focus 100% on minimising throttle inputs and can remember where the dangerous puddles are.