1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Sound: Cielo!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Tberg, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I just want to point to the obvious, that there's not many having sound-issues or dislikes at all , let alone most people are mentioning the sound on par with physics this time around.

@AC Support, I was one of the members trying to address the sound shortcomings of AC, having worked in sound/music many years (blablah), but with ACC, you have done an outstanding job! Not sure if you're still alone on it, but that doesn't matter. Yes, in my book you guys have surpassed R3E too. So, even though it's obvious, I want to congratulate on the sound this time, it's right now one of the key reasons that ACC EA is fun.

Complimenti! Bravo!!

And that leads me to: Am I the only one who wants a sound blog, like Aris's physics blog? Let's have some info on the process, AC vs. ACC recording tech etc.

2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

The new sound is stunning :cool:

3. marconi

marconi Gamer

Better than R3R? That’s a BIG statement with this Early Access. Yes it’s a huge improvement but I’m not sure it’s better. R3R has legendary good sound dynamics and another thing...soul. I would love to be proved wrong though in 6 months when ACC is finalised. If it succeeds, it’s a win win for us all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. fabT

fabT Alien

Sound is a giant leap forward, indeed.

Freddie Seng, DaveS78 and marconi like this.
  5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Whatever "soul" means. o_O

Kopiller likes this.
  6. marconi

marconi Gamer

The fact you even quoted ‘soul’ says a lot about your viewpoint on car sounds.....

7. D_Rod

D_Rod Gamer

From the squeal of the ceramic's to the dirt and gravel wiping around the wheelwell...it's all awesome.

chakko and marconi like this.
  8. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I have noticed this, the soud and rating issue reporting pages have the least discussions started with troubleshooting and peripherals leading which is understandable.

The sound is a huge leap from my so far brief experience, so much detail and info offered

Can’t say I have seen any rating issues I either other then me not being able to judge distance and flying off the track which the rating system detected and called out perfectly.

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

And that's supposed to mean what exactly? Perhaps you could start explaining yourself instead of attacking me.

10. marconi

marconi Gamer

Not attacking you.
    Shouldn’t need to explain.

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Sad excuse.

"Soul". I much rather have a realistic replica of the actual sound, thank you very much. Plus your comment implies to me Kunos puts no effort and passion into their game, which I very much disagree with.

12. marconi

marconi Gamer

Ok, fair enough. Don’t want to argue. Let’s move on.