1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Lets have some fun (challenges)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by BEsnake, Sep 14, 2018.

1. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

Lets see if there is any interest

Rules are simple follow the indicated instructions for each challenge and post your times( video or screenshot is fine as a last resort im hoping for fairness and just post the times)

First challenge:

You rear ended someone during the daytime and are now left with no lights during nighttime

- go practice mode
    - put time on 2:00 am
    -weather cloudy
    - do one warm up lap
    - do 3 laps in a row with no headlights
    - fuel load 15l
    - setup =free
    - post all 3 lap times( your average is your time)

Have fun!

Leaderboard:

SwaggyShaggy : 2:02:2
    BEsnake: 2:02:36
    HammerHomicide: 2:03:2
    Icky427: 2:04:142

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    SwaggyShaggy likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions I have to post before it lets me download Dec 4, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Post your Engine.ini and Settings file, lets make a database so everyone can try Jun 25, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room Lets make a causal racing league/group/community Jan 6, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Lets benchmark the new hardware for ACC VR Nov 21, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Question on Simhub Tablets Jul 4, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Car selection and team naming lets me continue without naming teammates May 30, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Simhub and tablets Mar 29, 2018
    XBox One Discussions lets make online work for us...... Sep 24, 2016
    XBox One Discussions Lets build a community! Sep 23, 2016
    General modding discussion Lets have wet track without RAIN Jul 8, 2016
    Chit Chat Room The inconsistency in FFB levels really lets AC down Feb 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Commend the ai....lets? Dec 16, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds So lets talk fps Oct 11, 2015
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Proracing Customizable Dashboard for PC, Mobile & Tablets Aug 30, 2015
    General modding discussion Dedicated server shows in lets you in now..but.... u in loads zero cars Mar 22, 2015

3. HammerHomicide

HammerHomicide Simracer

I actually did this by accident when trying the night time driving for the first time, before I knew about the headlight bug. Just thought the headlights really suck.

But I gave it another go with those settings. Can't remember the exact times for all the laps as the game doesn't seem to keep track of lap times as of now. At least I couldn't find them.

1st: 2:04.xxx
    2nd: 2:03.xxx
    3rd: 2:02.808 (this one I got a screenshot of) Actually my current personal best under any conditions. Then again, I've always driven with the default fuel load.
    Whatever the average is, in the words of the 'rating instructor:' Quite slow.

Surprisingly enough, I was faster through the Kumho and Bit curves in the darkness than I've been in daylight :confused: But yeah, the back section from Kumho to Coca-Cola was pretty intense in the pitch black :D

BEsnake likes this.
  4. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

Thanks for playing! You did better then my first mistake during that glitch
    ( i did the 30 minute stint without headlights) The amount of time i lost (from 1:59's to 2:03's) Driving blind is something new
    Well your average is 2:03:2
    Now that im finaly home time try my own challenge properly

SwaggyShaggy and HammerHomicide like this.
  5. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

I forgot how damn dark the last 2 corners are
    Anyway on the agressive setup

1st: 2:03:4
    2st: 2:02:2
    3rd:2:01:5

average: 2:02:36

I'm stil **** :eek:

HammerHomicide and SwaggyShaggy like this.
  6. SwaggyShaggy

SwaggyShaggy Rookie

it wasn't as easy as I expected it to be hah...
    but here are some screenshots of what I got
    usually am around 01.58.xx and this challenge made me feel like a mess

1. 02.03.141
    2. 02.01.875
    3. 02.01.587

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BEsnake and HammerHomicide like this.
  7. HammerHomicide

HammerHomicide Simracer

Hmm.. got to try it with the aggressive setup and see if that makes any difference. My first one was done with the safe setup.

BEsnake likes this.
  8. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

With an average of 2:02:2 You did pretty well!

Thank you for taking on the challenge ;)

SwaggyShaggy likes this.
  9. SwaggyShaggy

SwaggyShaggy Rookie

I've been driving with the safe setup my self.:)
    haven't tested out anything else yet, I still feel there is a lot to pick up on before I start adjusting anything.
    as long as I know what am doing wrong I can't blame the car :(

10. SwaggyShaggy

SwaggyShaggy Rookie

this was a great idea bud, next week throw us a new challenge :D

BEsnake likes this.
  11. HammerHomicide

HammerHomicide Simracer

I was actually slower with the aggressive. Although I botched some turns, probably due to just over trying. But on my unofficial 4th lap I managed to do 2:02.310. And on fifth I ran out of fuel in the Mercedes Arena.

BEsnake and SwaggyShaggy like this.
  12. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

Will do but next one wont be as friendly.

About the setup thing the diffrence between stable and agressive at our times is pretty much non existent. I just like the feel of agressive more since it just turns in better (just seems to suit my driving more then stable)
    And yea trying to hard is when times starts getting worse haha

13. Icky427

Icky427 Racer

2:04.290
    2:04.548
    2:03.588

average - 2:04.142 I suck.

aggressive setup but with rear wing up to 2, brake bias up to 68, and a couple tenths less front camber. still loose as hell on left hand corner entry?????

i like this. maybe next do slicks in the wet or wets in the dry?

14. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

Weird ive never felt that the agressive setup was that unstable (just more darty smooth steering helps) it does however get loose with trailbraking into a corner

And yes something along those lines is coming

Thanks for playing! And dont worry where here to have fun and enjoy the game

15. HammerHomicide

HammerHomicide Simracer

I tried slicks in the storm the other day just for the heck of it. It was, erm... interesting :D But yeah, that could be a nice challenge, to see what kind of lap times we'd clock doing clean laps. No going off track.

16. Icky427

Icky427 Racer

crazy enough i went and ran the default wet setup on a cloudy day and ran a 2:03.3! hahaha