1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What's your normal pace?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by SwaggyShaggy, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Anthonyl

Anthonyl Racer

I am consistent lap after lap after lap at 2:01 just getting a feel for the car without delving into the setups... my fastest so far was a 2:00 dead..but as I said ...without touching any setups.

D_Rod, Raklödder and SwaggyShaggy like this.
  2. chakko

chakko Alien

The stable setup is already very good in my opinion... i tried the Aggressive setup as well, but, just doesn't suit my driving style. Too much oversteer into the corners, too much oversteer when powering out of the corners. I have a very clean style, so, a neutral, grippy setup seems to be the right for me.

Only thing i adjust on the stable setup is the TC. I like to have the option to add a bit of power oversteer out of the corner, when i see that i will run wide on the exit.

mms and SwaggyShaggy like this.
  3. D_Rod

D_Rod Gamer

Current pace is at 2:01:x on default setup with a slight camber adjustment and rear aero.

PB: 1:59:843 with an altered aggro setup.

SwaggyShaggy likes this.
  4. mms

mms Alien

Exactly the opposite for me lol, was struggling with the stable setup but was afraid to use the aggressive, finally I decided to give it a go and I like it much better, could also shave off a second or so :)

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Still experimenting, but for dry sessions the aggressive setup preset with rear wing at ~10, brake bias lowered to ~72% and rear ARB at 4 feels a lot better to me. More direct through turns.

6. Roundlay

Roundlay Rookie

1:59.000 ish using the safe setup preset and a DualShock 4. Lots of room for improvement though.

7. With AC and the 488GT3 i did 1:56.0 at the Nürburgring GT variant. With the z4 GT3 at the GP variant I did 2.02.2. With ACC I am struggeling at 2.05, I just loose lot of times at corner entry because I cannot get any feeling. I definately blame ACC for this gap (or is AC that unrealistic?)

8. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

did the 35min event some minutes ago (3 times off the track, far away from being a racer :confused:) - constantly 1:59-2:01 - normal setup. sometimes driving like a robot (old model, with issues and maintenance urgent :p), so slowly getting a rythmn. after that experience tried a hotlap and could improve to 1:57,9 - so i am very satisfied.:)
    lowered graphics so that fps is stable >50 and its really getting good. slowly learning the lambo :cool:

D_Rod and SwaggyShaggy like this.
  9. Well, I just lowered anything in the graphics to medium or low. And now I get 80-110 fps in the hotlap challenge. And my laptime dropped by 3 seconds down to 2.02 using the stable setup because I simply got way better FFB/steering. So the FFB is definately locked somehow to the FFB, but how? Are the graphics that CPU dependant? Seems so.

10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I've noticed similar. Particularly resolution scale and shadows on/off make a big difference for me while all the other settings don't really result in much of a change. In 1920x1080, going from resolution scale 100, everything enabled and on Epic to resolution scale 80 and shadows Off jumps framerate from ~60 to ~110fps (hotlap) for me, and the driving becomes much easier/more connected. Both options have a big impact on visuals though. I definitely need a hardware upgrade...

SwaggyShaggy likes this.
  11. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

My normal pace is slooooow, still just trying to get a good feel of the car. Haven't touched the setup yet. Having fun:)

12. testdriver69

testdriver69 Gamer

will there be a ACC Webserver for checking times and competitions ? just wandering
    1:58 - 1:59 pace .... best lap 1.57 high -aggro setup :p

13. Torcano

Torcano Alien

I'm still slower than I'm in AC or other sims (slower than my usual slowness that is), can barely crack the 1:59 barrier consistently, best was a 58.7. This is in practice mode with aggressive setup and I believe I started that session with around 35L of fuel. I haven't tried any events yet since I'm too busy taking screenshots and enjoying the pretty solid racing with the AI than actually trying to chase fast lap times, but I guess I gotta give it a proper shot since people are saying hotlap mode has a more rubbered-in track. The best part was the game telling me that I'm consistently "ok" when I was going through sectors while doing the rating things like a passive aggressive girlfriend, a truly authentic experience if I say so myself. :D

14. TDS

TDS Alien

Avg - 1:57.xxx
    PB - 1:56.2xx

aggressive customized setup ,hotlap, with 5 liters fuel , lower wing, lower rear ride high

15. Rubinski

Rubinski Rookie

I'm consistently in the 1:58 now, aggressive setup with 1l of fuel and some more rear wing.
    Wheel is on 900°, will try 560° like stated.

16. Jack Taylor

Jack Taylor Gamer

Consistently 1:57's during the stints, which i am happy that I'm consistant, was always something i struggled with previously.

17. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

hotlap 1:57.4
    safe setup modified

aggressive setup is impossible to use with a low end wheel until ffb is fixed/improved.

18. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

My fastest time is 1:56:1XX with a tweaked agressive setup on in hotlap mode. In the 35min hotstint session I avareaged a mid to high 1:56, sometimes went above into low 1:57, in practice on the greenish track I usually average mid to low 1:58.

I started out with 2:01 when ACC released but could improve a lot since then, I must say I'm a little bit proud of myself. Never managed to go below 1:59 in AC with any GT3. I attribute this on one hand to the difference in FFB between AC and ACC, because FFB in ACC for me ATM feels the best in of any sim I own and I rely on FFB way to much to know what the car is doing, so good FFB helps me out a lot here. On the other hand there is nothing else to drive in ACC, and that helps me a lot concentrating on one car/track cobination and trying to get the best time out of it. I usually hop between cars and tracks a lot if there is plenty of content. I also know where my weak spots are, both on track and on the handling side, and I'm working on improving.

mms, Jack Taylor and sissydriver like this.
  19. Nesja

Nesja Racer

Just did hotlap mode with safe setup set to 1 l fuel.
    Best was 1:54.870 and was doing very consistent low 1:55 times. It felt awesome. Couldn't manage to get all my best corners together in one lap though and it's 0.3 to 0.4 s left on the track.

In the short hotstint consistent in the 1:56's.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  20. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

lowering fuel is a good idea. 0.3s faster with no good lap. if all comes together 1.56.xx is possible tomorrow. but the best - its a lot of fun ;)
    and its very motivating to see the lap times of the aliens. :cool:
    or frustrating. o_O