1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Anyone been having slight stutters? I raced during sunset and noticed the occasional stutter mostly after turn 1. My settings are on high with a 1060.

Ace Pumpkin and mESCx like this.
  2. Saturn5

Saturn5 Rookie

Yes. It is not running well at all right now. The framerate is way too low making it quite unplayable. It may be that I wind up waiting weeks or perhaps more before ACC is really playable.

3. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Nice, Hallie my hot mechanic will gladly grind that

4. HammerHomicide

HammerHomicide Simracer

Anyone else noticed that if you turn off the menu music, you can hear John Watson talking in the background among the garage/crowd noises. Couldn't quite make what he was saying but I recognized his voice.

Which made me think we should have the commentator crew doing pre-/post-race analysis/commentary and Dakota Jane doing pitlane interviews :D

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Just watching the Supercars at Sandown, hail in ine part of the track dry on another. Some cars still on slicks a few have changed to wets, this is the sort of weather I would love to be able to get in ACC if it gets more dynamic with localised weather. :D

WallyM likes this.
  6. Stains

Stains Simracer

The team Radio sounds like Lewis Hamilton !

MrDoku likes this.
  7. liakjim

liakjim Alien

In practice / hotlap mode and with the settings I posted ( picture attached ) , I am definitely GPU bound . GPU is at 98-100% around 60 fps .

I will do some runs in specific settings and I will tag @SunBro to make some comparisons.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

After_Midnight likes this.
  8. tow

tow Racer

Why some people quick race got Merz AMG AI? My one only got Ferrari, Audi and Lambo.

9. RACEfan11

RACEfan11 Rookie

What are the damage physics like?

10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Is there triple screen support (while waiting for VR). (Sorry, trying to catch up, been out few weeks).

11. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Zero at the moment.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

mms likes this.
  12. Sad to hear you've such problems. I would never advice you the game if I've had similar problems at my PC.
    I'm using the same settings like Kristaps:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...equirements-for-acc.49141/page-11#post-987964

The game runs without OC the CPU in Hotlap mode with the double amount of FPS like you've shown in your video.
    For testing I overclocked my 4670K to 4GHz (3.8 GHz all cores in use) and get while hotlapping 14:00 under sunny conditions 125-160 FPS.
    Need to test the framerate against the AI.

Greets After_Midnight

13. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Day 3 after the patch.

What can I say? Looks like Kunos always have a rabbit to take from the hat after an inicial release.
    All very smooth, nigth, rain, nigth and rain without AI, with AI, nothing make it shake. I belive this is unique, no other comes closer.

The physics and FFB a state of art.

What a piece of software already .

Congrats for the SimRacing expo presentation. Mister John Watson sounds that he also know a lot about of sim racing. When he said something like this "I am not shure if they know, but they can adjust TC and ABS on the wheel" :eek:.

Like I said here before, Kunos is turning another sim racing page.

Thanks All,
    Pedro

mms, Cote Dazur and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  14. Hotdog

Hotdog Simracer

I'll have to wait till the second release for VR. I'm having trouble in 2D. Boy have I been spoilt.

mms, boabmatic, Stains and 2 others like this.
  15. WallyM

WallyM Alien

No 100% support in terms of side monitor angles and bezel correction, but apart from that, it's quite playable on triples with the appropriate FOV and seat position, with just a little perspective distortion on the side monitors.

sherpa25 likes this.
  16. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Have anyone watched the simracing expo hot lap competition between the lamborhini drivers?
    Looks like they were really struggling to feel the car, even after 20 minutes of practicing befor the event.
    Well, for me that mean's only one thing: the car was doing differently from what they was expecting, and how it is IRL. This might also be the case of the setup, but I think they was crashing a bit too much.
    And also if you compare the wheel movement on the screen and of the drivers, there is quite a big imput lag.

Poloman likes this.
  17. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I actually really quite like how the car handles in the wet, its quite progressive and slides predictably / convincingly. My issue really is in the dry. I feel like when the car slides it feels quite digital, the loss of grip and then regaining grip. I know racing slicks are like that, they usually either grip or they dont and they are supposed to be quite unforgiving, but I just feel when the car lets go in the dry, and then gets corrected - the feeling I get isn't the one I am expecting, it just feels a bit odd to me.

mms, LeDude83 and Diablo_rf like this.
  18. M96

M96 Racer

That definitely looked..odd. There must be something strange going on, probably at least part of it is the setup but yeah, I suppose racing drivers who drive the exact same car for a living should be faster out of the box... Maybe they were lacking some sense of speed? It looked like they kept overdriving the car and repeatedly face severe understeer because of that..
    Inviato dal mio Pixel XL utilizzando Tapatalk

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

To add to this, that race half the track looked pretty wet. I live not far from the track but didn't go today it was very patchy rain through Melbourne today but I was amazed how the guys that stayed out on slicks ended up the best strategy. Having the stop for tyres cost lots of time but race pace for the guys on wets vs slicks was still pretty even. At first the wets were gaining but as it dried a little the lap times evened out, kind of amazing how well the slicks were doing on a fairly wet track. I assume the dry half of the lap helped gain some temp and even though they seemed slow through the wet section there wasn't much aquaplaning on the slicks.

20. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I have red and seen quite some people commenting negatively on the car spinning on dry track, and when starting to do so being impossible to be caught again. Some youtubers, some of them beign real drivers, left a negative comment or two on that, too. I had the experience myself repeatedly, too: I realise that I am about to spin, and from that point on there is nothing I can do anymore, and nothing I do makes a difference. What should I think of this impossibility to catch it once the spin makes itself felt, and is just starting? Is that realistic? I tend to cure it by reducing brake balance from 75 to 70, which then has cured any spinning even starting. I assume that car setup also is used to reduce this. But is it realistic at all that the car with "safe" default setups spins so easily, and cannot be caught? Before spin occurs, I fail to get any hint that the car is about to spin. The first hint I get usually already is my doom. Or are these cars indeed not meant to be able to be caught when in danger to start spinning? - TC at 6-8, ABS 8-10.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    WallyM likes this.