1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Engine map up and down - what is that?

2. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Some setup work goes a long way, Especially seeing that on default the kerbs are very punishing. After I made some tweaks I can ride them better and when the car breaks away initially Im able to do a quick correction and hold it in most cases. The times I still spin now have been when I was way too eager. Feels very realistic.

3. I think engine map is how the engine provide the power to the wheels related to the throttle input of the driver and the RPM.

4. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I would have expected that as a linearity graph/setting in the hardware pedal setup menu, like there is one for brake pedals already. Or do I mix something up here?

5. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Yes. But is it realistic that once you start to feel you are in danger of starting to spin i t already is too late? From AC I am used to be able to catch the car in the very early beginning. Here in ACC, I get no warning - the first sign I realise means I am already doomed.

Stoepsel likes this.
  6. I'm really not sure about this mate :confused:

7. John Addison

John Addison Gamer

What were the changes you made?

8. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I think that is my problem (the problem?) there is not much communicated through the ffb that the rear is about to break loose. In a lot of cars in AC when the rear is about to go you feel a twisting force in your wheel. In ACC I don’t really get that. It’s either sliding or in perfect grip, and not much in between.

As I said before, the wet weather driving is actually pretty good, and I am able to catch slides a lot easier and I can feel more what the car is doing.

KOKORO ga PYONPYON and nate like this.
  9. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I like the way the kerbs make themselves felt. I like that I can use them, but not without paying a price of a certain risk of the kerbs kicking at my tyre or myself loosing grip if not being gentle with the throttle. I once heard a pro driver, I think Seyffarth it was, who said that modern suspension and the steering systems separating the driver from the tyre makes it impossible to feel kerbs in your steering wheel. But this is a PC only, some things must be exaggerated in effect to compensate for the many inputs you do not get from a PC, because your body is not sitting in the real car that accelerates and swings around things. On PC, in a sim, kerbs must have some bite, and I thjnk they tuned it right in AC, and even better maybe in ACC.

10. Skybird

Skybird Alien

When I compare my dry hotlapping in AC1 in this car on this track, to that in ACC, in ACC I started with being 3 seconds faster, now am 5-6 seconds faster than in AC1. I notice it, and don't know what to think of it.

11. Turk

Turk Alien

But are they even the same car? What season is the car in AC from? I don't know if that would make a difference like that or not.

12. mister dog

mister dog Alien

That's the thing after you get the setup to your liking it becomes more predictable. I tweaked roll bars and fast bump, increasing them both at the front, more ride height at the front as well, lowered the TC till 3. But that's dependent on preference of course, just made the front more stable and took off some oversteer. Running 360 degrees steering angle.

13. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

14. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

Would you mind explaining that? My knowledge about those fps and graphic settings is not so good. I'm getting around 50 fps atm and to me it looks smooth:D

sissydriver likes this.
  15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

The lower the FPS the higher the noticeable lag between real and virtual wheel. I always try to reach at least 60 frames per second.

nfsw55 likes this.
  16. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

I use Reshade for the sharpness, but I found a much better way to get rid of the blue tint, just set Post Processing to Mid, I've not noticed any difference in the overall look except losing the blue tint..

17. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Racer

+1 for the lack of awareness when the back has lost grip, and the subsequent passenger ride. I'm fairly sure AC had this early on as well.

18. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, makes sense:)

19. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

I'm not an alien but for me driving and ffb in acc is waaaay more natural then ac.
    I really don't see the problem in the slip, imho they are well catching if the driver's imput arrives fast or in time. Drive near the limit now is for sure most difficult, i can feel the edge and this is very different from ac when even running on the edge had anyway a window of "safe zone".

For me many slides are catcheable, some others don't just because the physics laws said that when I do mistakes. This, in some way, is something similar on what happen in other sims too, and speaking for myself, I love this aspect that i've always found "too simple / too easy" in ac.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    PLebre, Patrik, BEsnake and 5 others like this.
  20. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Just look at something running at around 120fps and you will instantly know :D It just looks much more lively, that much closer to real life. The first time I moved from a 60hz monitor to a 144hz, I just stood there moving the mouse cursor in awe... It didn't look like a regular mouse cursor. It looked like a fly was trapped inside my monitor. I can't explain it any better, you have to experience it. Your reaction time gets shorter as well as you adapt to it.

Lawndart, Thomas Gocke and nfsw55 like this.