1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

I think many simracers are used to "fake" feedback to be honest. In real life you don't get near that much information about a lot of things directly from the steering wheel. In racing sims, the wheel has to make up for the lack of G forces and the "butt" feeling. Many people are used to a considerably light wheel, as if you're driving a road car, but at the same time having very profound and strong effects when hitting a kerb for example. That's not really how it works in real life.

2. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

Looks like their practice session in ACC paid off:D
    [​IMG]

#19 sister car finished 4th

3. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I slowly form my opinion on the landscape graphics in ACC, which I admit gave me a mysteriously hesitent start in adapting to them. And I must admit further that ACC in this single regard does not really convince me in this early build. I hoped for a clearer improvement over AC.

And at night, things simply do not match at all. Stands from turn 6 to 13, on the outside of the track, have sometimes more sometimes less lights, have single lamp poles and illuminated banners in reality. In ACC, its just pitchblack. The illumination on the start-finishing line is there, but looks totally different in style and colours, and is very dark, where in reality it is quite bright, even blinding in some spots. Festival and party tents should be illuminated from within, but stay dark instead, even their windows.

Compare : LINK

In daylight, but cloudy conditions, its also not convincing, especially the vegetation. The trees look almost 90s style, so do the bushes that you see on the elevation ahead of you when you approach turn 10. Banners, railings, structures, look mysteriously flat, undetailed, and all these description mostly match sunny conditions as well. Regarding the environment, this sim looks ten years old or older. There seems to be more objects placed, in this regard there is more detail, but still quite empty compared to the real track as to be seen in videos.

I like the rain effects and the wet surface effects, however. Some of the rain spray may be overdone (hectic, as somebody said), and maybe the wet surface is looking too glossy, but I cannot compare to reality there, and am satisfied with how things are now. Its good in my eyes.

All this is a contrast to the visual appearance of the car modelling, interior and exterior, which is pleasant, detailed, and fully convincing, I like it. The rear lights and brake lights are okay, and functional, I mean they are clearly visible, where in some other games brakes sometimes are difficult to differ them from simple rear lights. Gran Turismo showed how to overmodel :) them, they are isanely detailed there, but this was not to be expected from ACC with its more resources needed for physics and AI. The landscape however lets me down. Maybe they had to save on the resources, but this being U4E I expected more, I admit. I am too aware, for my taste, that I drive a computer game. Other racing games provide me a more inviting illusion here.

I think ACC has a formidable start and so far I like it very much, but I admit the environment and scenery graphics I find - well, mediocre at best. To tell the truth, I am a little bit disappointed by
    this aspect of the sim.

It is my understanding that the Lambo and this track were chosen because they a.) match the calender regarding real world events and b.) already are finalised. If the track is a WIP, this would put my statements into relation, of course. But to me it indeed looks unfinished.

Will not make me stopping to like ACC, but is my opinion on the single topic of "scenery".

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  4. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

damn, spoiler alert!

mister dog and Kopiller like this.
  5. LRM

LRM Simracer

You can't compare, this is misty condition and that can amplify light from very far light sources.

As for track details from what I've seen from people screen and videos (I do not own the game) I mostly agree with you, distant details and scenery are very lacking, even with that some people have trouble reaching 60 fps.

6. hiboudev

hiboudev Rookie

Does track grip evolves in Hot Lap mode, lap after lap? I suppose it doesn't and it shouldn't do, but want to clear this doubt. :)

7. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Nope, everything resets every time you cross the line to keep conditions between laps identical.

Carla, Epistolarius and hiboudev like this.
  8. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Many lights simply are missing in the , mentiond section turn 6-13. Short before the split onto the Nordschleife, on the left outfield, a whole compund of buildings seems to be missing at night. Also, the colours. Compare the start-finishing straight, in the vidoe it is blue-.white bright loight, in the sim it is yellow gll9omy candle light, almost. Same on the Mercedes stands.

I do not want to overrate all this, I might even be a victim oif my own expectations having been too high in advance. Strnagely, when you sit still and look, the scenery and buildings show quite some textuzre detaisl occaisonally, and you then see more people and such tings stuff. It sjust that when driving, it all feats beamed into another dimension and the generla imprression of the scenery changes. I have not yet found what causes this effect.

At least it is fully playable and usable and serves its purpose. Again, I do not want to overrate these things. Maybe its just me, individual taste, thats absolutely possible.

Yes, I have motion blurr off.

I wonder how it will all look in VR next month. That is what really interests me.

9. mms

mms Alien

I really hope they nail it, other UE4 VR games look really good.

10. liakjim

liakjim Alien

11. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

When you start to compare scenery and lighting you probably should know first that this game will never have 2013 Nurburgring 24h race. Lighting and other scenery has changed since then. It's whole another thing should this game exactly replicate latest 24h scenery since it's a Blancpain series game. :rolleyes:

Ace Pumpkin and MrDoku like this.
  12. phil.94

phil.94 Rookie

Have someone tried to enter the pitlane? You could hear the same warning signal as in real life, if you enter the pitlane! So much details! I love it :)

mister dog, BEsnake and Kopiller like this.
  13. this might be worth looking, though it's 2016 car

NaVs and Kopiller like this.
  14. Hi guys,
    I am a new here so I use this occasion to say hello to everyone and I hope to meet on line when it's available.
    I got a lot of problems with acc but I don't know how to make and don't send a log. Is there anything that I should be doing of a folder where to look for?
    Thanks a lot for your time.
    Is anyone else having problems with the frame rate when changing the sun conditions? I mean on the race event I have a good start and all but when the sun starts to set down it's just unplayable.
    So frustrating And I am not even running at full specs for graphics
    Thanks to everyone and a special thank for the ones that want to answer

Carla likes this.
  15. steno

steno Gamer

interesting, the pilot say that for tcs and abs in dry condition use max the position 3

16. JOSE2K2*

JOSE2K2* Rookie

Good afternoon everyone, after two days of testing the new competizione I will give a small opinion.

First congratulate kunos for this incredible simulator.
    Graphically a 10 with very good optimization and immersion. Regarding the FBB, it is noticeably weaker than its predecessor, which I hope will improve.
    Also to say that in rain the driving sensation is very poor you do not feel well the steering wheel nor the sensations.
    For my part missing more apps for the sight of the nose as gasoline, temperatures etc as in the old assetto.
    Another thing that I did not finish to like is the driving in the middle of the corner, it reminds me a lot of iracing and that disgusts me, I think it's a step back. I hope they solve it.

Congratulate kunos because to be early acces is an awesome job.

keep working hard.

17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

How to map press comfirm to the wheel?

18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Confirm = Forward

And since this is a topic right now:
    I hope ESC and Enter will both be hardcoded for Cancel/Confirm in the future (or at least it will be a secondary option beside mapping it to the wheel).

19. lionbest

lionbest Racer

What's with the whistle when you're next to a corner?

So annoying.

20. pons

pons Simracer

You mean the brakes?