1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lionbest

lionbest Racer

No, it's like there's a person whistling when you're at a corner

2. From FB:

Hi guys, here is the review about Assetto Corsa Competizione from Immanuel Vinke, BMW M6 GT3 driver at the Walkenhorst Motorsport Team. He participated in many popular races like the Total 24H of Spa in the Blancpain Endurances Series (FYI he isn't paid for his review) so he knows very well how a real GT3 car feels.

"Here is my honest review of Assetto Competizione.
    If you agree feel free to share, if not i m happy for any input.
    I tried ACC last night after a hard day at work where I thought nothing could really put a smile on my face as I was exhausted. However.... immediately after 10 seconds, there was a massive smile on my face.
    1.The sound:
    Sound for me is possibly the most or 2nd most important aspect of a racing game. The old AC was already good in terms of sounds but it always felt a little bit dull compared to real brute of these cars. ACC really shines here! The gearbox wine, the brute of the sound and the feel of immersion you have with the car is outstanding. I turned my volume up very high and it felt a glimpse like the real thing. Now this is a huracan and if this car gets me as excited already, i cannot wait till the M6 is put into the game!
    2.The feel and realism:
    I have for soo long waited for a game to catch me like GTR2. I think here it is. Ive spent almost 2 hours last night trying ACC and it brings back GTR2 magic.
    When I shift (and this is something i missed in AC) you feel the brute of the straight cut gears hitting the next one. When you downshift like a mentalist with no mechanical sympathy, the downshift will be very harsh forcing the car to be greatly unsettled. This is something you have to take into consideration in real racing, you can't force the car...if you do, you will unsettle or break things. Your vision is not very good out of the car, again something that any racedriver will feel. You sit low, you barely see any indication of an apex. The car rattles, it makes all kinds of clonks, i feel immersed into it.
    I would say FFB (however my equipment isnt soo sophisticated as some of yours) can be improved. I sometimes feel like my wheel is a bit loose and not sure if I am gripping or not. I am sure I can talk with the developers on this point. The other is the setup menu. Some of the explanations could be improved, for example the engine map... I do not know if Map 1 is faster or slower than 4? I took it as we have it on the M6 where 1 is the fastest map and 6 is a rainmap?
    3. The driving feel
    This game is very very hard I think. Which is a good thing. If GT3 racing was easy we would all be lapping amongside all of the factory pro drivers. Now, I am not yet the full pro I want to become but I think I know a thing or two about racing these cars. This game forces me to be concentrated every lap. It punishes you if you make mistakes and you feel what is going on with the car. Curbs are no longer just painted lines but you now feel the brutality of them as you go across and they unsettle your car. Riding curbs in real is far from an easy task. To be consistent in this game you have to be smooth and thoughtful. Much less of just throwing it in and it will grip at some point as in the old AC.

Overall ACC is fantastic. I have not tried the wet yet, as I love driving in the wet in real as Timo Ha will know from seeing me at the N24 Race. I have high hopes that it is as good in the wet as it is in the dry.
    Overall 12 out of 10 rating. I think ACC is not even at 80% of what it will be."

Ernie, Thug, ctnich and 31 others like this.
  3. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Forward, thank you Schnipp but I am still confused, what button is forward?

4. Carla

Carla Rookie

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, I'm new to this game as well, but haven't run across the problem you are describing yet, but maybe try to post in this thread:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/acc-troubleshoooting.72/

and maybe a developer might be able to help, or a veteran user.

5. D_Rod

D_Rod Gamer

Happens during heavy braking. Might be the sound of the brake system? I don't really know.

Edit: Nvm, I heard it when I put it in Reverse lol.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

In the controls menu, cycle to the UI:
    2018-09-15 23_02_32-AC2.jpg

You can map any button of your wheel to these, Forward = Confirm, Backward = Cancel/Back.
    With these settings you can fully operate the menus with your wheel instead of using keyboard and mouse.

Unless we are speaking about different things.

Ischemica and NWG.Slum like this.
  7. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

[​IMG]

Thank you great ACC Pro Tip! Been putting this off but not anymore, gonna do it right now.

DzelRacing and Schnipp like this.
  8. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Thank you Schnipp, that is exactly what I was talking about, the other question would be why is forward = confirm, instead confirm = confirm, too easy maybe? but this is for an other day.
    I will map this to my wheel, give my mouse a rest, case solved.

Schnipp and NWG.Slum like this.
  9. Skybird

Skybird Alien

This one lap-video compares the track side by side in AC1 and ACC.

It went through it and paused the video every couple of seconds, comparing the images, and I found what irritates me so much in the new scenery.

Its the general colour scheme, which is dark and pale, and it is this obscure, misty greyness forming up in a distance that probably should help to form an impression of far away distance. What it actually acchieves, in my percpetion at least, is that it partially kills the 3-dimensionality of objects, and turns the objects into a flattened, partially 2-dimensional panorama that somewhat lacks 3-dimensional depth, reduces it at least. In AC1, the image is brighter and so the colours stand out more clearly and so the objects'S sides and 3-dimensional nature are much easier to see for the eye. In ACC, contours somewhat melt into each other, giving a wishy-washy impression once you are in mpotion. Its not blurriness I mean, its as if you watch at a piocture in a museum which has exquisit detail, but you cannot see becasue the light is too low: contrast lacks, you cannot differ fields of different contrast and colour that easily anymore. In still images, you can see that ther eindeed is more obect denbsity placed in ACC, and that wall textures and windows are more detailed. But the general colour and light scheme fades it out, and what remains is an impression of an underwhelming scenery lacking three dimensional depth and texture detail.

Bushes and trees are not worse than in AC1, but then they also were not really much improved, when I compare it side by side, and since vegetation was not the strength of environmental graphics in AC1 anyway, the impression again is a bit underwhelming.

I would have preferred this video to use ACC in sunny conditions. The blue-grey base colouring owes to the fact that the weather is overcast.

10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I only figured it out with trial and error. You're right though, it's not really intuitive.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  11. Overvolt

Overvolt Rookie

I'll talk about a specific item.

The rain spray effect of coming out of the cars. Wow how bad, my god, I am absolutely sure that the UE4 is able to produce such a much better effect, there an item that needs to improve and a lot, as well as the particle level, even with the weather in tempesade, the effect is little . This is a simulator, we will not be minimizing certain items to favor the gameplay. When in a race with rainy weather, can I see the car in front of the water spray so clearly?
    Not only is the effect poorly done, as the particle level is low.

Needs to improve and very urgently.

12. Stains

Stains Simracer

Why does the car i drive have no headlights at night ? Its pitch Black when no trackside lights are there ! There doesn't seem to be an option to map buttons for controllers , my wheel is set up for VR so can't even try to map to that .

13. liakjim

liakjim Alien

After_Midnight likes this.
  14. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Yup. Just like many people here, ffb is his only issue. As soon as kunos removes the dampening, all will be fine.

IgnacioKotas likes this.
  15. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

nvm

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I successfully cleared the HUD of everything, no need since all the data is available in the car dash display when cycling trough he different pages, except for car control, how do we get read of car control top right on the HUD?

17. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

To be a bit more fair here, the 1060 is a fair bit ahead of the 480 in terms of performance. 20-30% depending on game at 1080p. https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1749?vs=1771

Only games the 480 does well in are the AMD backed games... and, well, ACC is not AMD backed. So a 30% performance difference is reasonable for what the cards are capable of.

Though, surely there is some room for improvement with AMD hardware.

LeDude83 likes this.
  18. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

my docs / ACC / config

Right click on 'hud' and click edit.

"ratingWidgetVisible": 1,

Try setting that to 0 and saving the file. Havent tried it myself, but it's a thought.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  19. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

Or just select the ratings in the HUD options...

20. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

.? Their is no option to disable “ratings” as you call it in HUD options