1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is ACC going to run worse on AMD cards?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by ShimonART, Aug 12, 2018.

1. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Ok, let's start a scientific methology.
    I summon @SunBro who has same cpu i5 4460, same ram 8GBwith me but he has a nvidia 1060 GTX 6GB.
    I have an AMD 480 4GB.

So @SunBro please apply these settings :

[​IMG]

Go to practice , 1100

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and let us see your fps.

I would also to see your CPU all 4 core usage, GPU usage and Vram usage

Mine :

57fps
    4 cores usage : 66.8% , 68.8% , 68.1% , 64.4%
    GPU usage 99.7%
    Vram 3690MB

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  2. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

Also if you don't have a variable refresh rate monitor you can use vsync and cap your frame rate (to reduce input lag) to a fraction below a multiple of your panel's refresh.
    For example 143.990 or 71.990FPS EDIT(setting your panel to 72hz) for a 144hz refresh rate.

It would be nice to see a Nvidia vs AMD comparison for "driver overhead". Setting the graphics to a minimum at a very low resolution but with many cars visible.
    Sites like digital foundry recommend that if you have a really weak CPU like a 2500k you should couple it with an Nvidia GPU in DX11. DX12 depends on the game but usually AMD has zero problems with DX12/Vulkan only titles quite the opposite.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  3. Neilski

Neilski Alien

nvm; misread the post

4. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

The explanation can be found here.
    And it is tested with high speed camera.

5. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Whats the name of the program that shows fps/cpu load/ gpu load across the top of your screen?

Thanks.

6. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Afterburner is really buggy, I wouldn't use that.

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, MSI Afterburner has always worked fine for me so I personally can only recommend it.

8. SunBro

SunBro Alien

I may or may not have went over board with screenshots :rolleyes: https://imgur.com/a/oDC3Udb Oh btw screenshots took away 3-4 fps each time. So calculate accordingly. Every fps you see in those screen are minus three.

9. baakstaff

baakstaff Racer

Thats a heck of a performance difference. Though it should be noted, on Nvidia's website they state that their driver is game ready, whereas AMD has nothing yet afaik. I've also heard (though I don't know how true it is) that AMD cards tend to struggle more with UE4 than equivalent Nvidia cards, so with both of those in mind, hopefully a driver update is all AMD owners are really waiting on.

LeDude83 likes this.
  10. liakjim

liakjim Alien

wtf??? :eek::confused:o_O

Almost double the perfomance?

Could you double check the settings i posted? My picture seems with higher quality?

11. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

That is 100% BS. Totally wrong. Totally. I know, because I (under my company) worked with MSI on the documentation and QA, of the first iteration, and have spent a lot of time with Afterburner in all subsequent versions.

Afterburner is the best, by far, and very, very stable and reliable. I normally would not say anything, but come on man.

Just google it. EVGA Precision is the next best, and well, a blatant rip off of Afterburner, and even it is very reliable and stable, but not nearly as good as AB. All of the experts, and overclockers in this industry use AB. AB is 100% the best there is out there.

Sorry to call you out and make you sound really, well, IDK whatever...

BUT DAMN THAT IS JUST PLAIN WRONG.

[​IMG]

12. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Here i'm uploading my screens in their pure form (don't forget to switch to fullscreen otherwise windows blurs them too)

After trying your settings out, i wanted to jump into a midnight rain race with 20 cars... The results are way too embarrasing to upload so i lowered my settings as much as i could stomach and these are my final settings. Any lower makes me wanna puke.

With these new settings, i'm getting 104 fps during your conditions (11:00 sunny practice) and about 42-57 fps with 20 cars during midnight rain races.

20180916012659_1.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  13. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Ok @SunBro thanks.

So guys , ACC is indeed running way worse on AMD cards.
    Actually 1060 can push ~90fps , while 480 only 60fps (actually less), on the same game settings and identical the rest of hardware.

@pankykapus anything that KUNOS can do about it?

14. mannitom77

mannitom77 Racer

2GB more VRAM could also make a big difference.

LeDude83 likes this.
  15. liakjim

liakjim Alien

480's vram had plenty of headroom , so no, extra 2GB meant nothing.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Erm ok but a 480 is just simply slower than a 480, no?!?

Edit: Yes, it is, but not quite by this much. Benchmark:

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Gefor...karte-264678/Tests/GTX-1060-Review-1201931/2/

It's like 15 % slower so when @SunBro gets 90 FPS, @liakjim should get about 76 FPS.
    I'll test Sunbro's settings later. My GPU should be pretty much on par with his but I expect worse performance. My friend has a 1060 and a similar spec PC but gets 125 FPS in WOT, all maxed in 1080p whereas I get 90 - 100.

If we compare FPS performance, though, we should rather record the diagrams with MSI Afterburner (including the AVG FPS) and post a screenshot of 1 lap.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  17. nVidia user here.

I'm on a 8700K, GTX1080 and 16 gig of RAM. Stock speeds. I can get over 100 fps single player, and mid 70's with a field of AI at Epic settings.
    Latest nVidia driver.

But.... @ 1080p... And not during night + rain. So I'm kinda thinking the performance may be closer to 50-60 fps?!

Kinda expected better performance from this card with the AI...

I get that it's early access and that devs hopefully will optimize the game throughout the roadmap.

Haven't tried the latest drivers for the MOBO, though, but I don't think that would change much?

18. Here are my results, AMD FX 8350 - 8gb Ram - Xfx Rx 470 4gb
    fps.jpg

19. The AI is more affecting you CPU. But a 8700K should be able to handle easily 20 AI :confused:

I hope this as well :)

20. baakstaff

baakstaff Racer

Does anyone have a 1070 and a 1440p display to compare my Vega 56 with? It'd help to see if it really is an issue of VRAM or if it really is just AMD cards struggling. Here are my settings and View settings. This was done in a practice session at 10:00 AM, sunny weather, just clicked drive then took the screenshot. I'm completely GPU bound here, so don't worry about matching my CPU. Also, Vsync isn't affecting anything, it's a 144 hz panel so it's not limiting the framerate in any way.
    ACC Settings.png
    ACC Performance.png