1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Stormy conditions and....dry tyres - come on aliens. Here i am!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by sissydriver, Sep 16, 2018.

1. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Hello everybody,

now its time to fight back. The aliens show me everyday how slow i am.:oops:
    Today its time for thunderstroke and heavy rain. :cool:
    My first attempt was a rock solid 3:18,105. :)
    No more apex. :(
    Time to learn the rivers. :p

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    Alistair McKinley likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Dry tires in wet conditions Jun 3, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting AI on wet conditions Sep 20, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Quest 2 problems with contrast from day/night conditions Aug 21, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Image over-exposed during certain lighting conditions Aug 15, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Graphic settings or engine.ini for rain conditions? Feb 19, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Spa- Francorchamps - No track limits on wet conditions Oct 7, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Used Tyres Restored to Pristine Conditions Jul 21, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer CP Server (US) track conditions bug? May 17, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Excessive G923 Noise in certain conditions. Mar 19, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Starting Conditions Feb 12, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions AI times (changing conditions) Dec 13, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Weather conditions Oct 25, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions weather conditions Jul 2, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer official racing conditions and weather Jun 16, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer MP Server: Starting track conditions? May 17, 2020

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

So stormy, or heavy rain ? :D I suppose the storm, gonna try asap :D

D.Jankovic likes this.
  4. I tried all weather conditions on dry tyres, and as expected the difficultly ramps up accordingly with each weather step, though the step from Heavy Rain to Storm goes from 'satisfyingly difficult' to 'forget it, you're in the wall' :p

Georg Siebert likes this.
  5. pons

pons Simracer

Good to see you back ;)

Dookie, mantasisg and sissydriver like this.
  6. I just tried on heavy storm and i did 2:24 and im pretty sure way way below that is possible...

just did 2:19...

Attached Files:

• 111.jpg
      111.jpg
      File size:
      34.8 KB
      Views:
  7. chakko

chakko Alien

Do you even get traction? Even with wet tyres, there's some parts in storm conditions, where you just aquaplane, when you hit the river patches. :)

With dry tyres?

8. whoops..... i didnt read that part wow that was with wet tyres im gonna try with dry now. sorry

yeah i tried and i wont even bother... i keep crashing ^^

9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

improvement: 3:10,098 :)

10. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

I would post a lap time if I wouldn't spin with 5th gear doing 20km/h :D

11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Hi Chakko,
    its just for fun.
    But maybe we face this conditions later? You have to survive one lap on dry tyres in thunderstorm?
    If it is totally crap, please ignore it. Close thread and bond me with... duck tape?? :eek:
    But i hit my wall at hotlap and after one beer *cough*cough* (or two?) - i discovered this challenge....:p

12. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Question is, do they really allow the race to continue under heavy rain/storm conditions? I feel medium rain might be most realistic as far as training goes.

Edit: Also, I don't think a storm can come out *that* quickly so you're probably going to be on wet tyres already too. Still, good job on finishing the lap, I can't :D

13. chakko

chakko Alien

No worries. :D Seemed a bit fast with dry tyres, that's all. :)

I think my best was a 2:17 something, with wet tyres. I only drove in light rain with dry tyres, and that was no problem. Wasn't exactly fast, but, still quite a lot of grip.

14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Patience. All bout patience (think the beer helps a little^^). "I am singing in the rain" *kabOOM* :)

More serious: In reality with this amount of water they stop the race. Its not realistic i think.

Salad Fingers likes this.
  15. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

I will hide behind this excuse and won't bother :D :D

sissydriver likes this.
  16. chakko

chakko Alien

Aris wrote in another thread that it's "conditions short before the race is stopped". Or similar. So, should still be driveable (and it is, with wet tyres), but, there'll be some standing water which causes aquaplaning in some spots.

17. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

EPIC :) First three laps: 3'03'8

Then tried to do some smart setup changes, but didn't really work, car felt more confident, but pace didn't come :D I did 3 laps with one setup tacting then 3 laps with other tactic. It was 3'02'02 both times :D

I think under 3'00 is doable, aliens should be able.

So slow, yet feels so fast :D 140 is probably top speed, I don't think i drove more than 145 kmh.

sissydriver likes this.
  18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Haven’t you seen 2016 24h of Nürburgring? Full wet conditions right after passing Schwedenkreuz. It developed into a hailstorm fast. :D

19. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

I haven't :rolleyes: But I feel that "Storm" is a bit too much to keep a race going, or at least that's how it feels to an average racer like me. But maybe I watch too much F1, those Blancpain races are pretty hardcore.

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Insta storm on slicks, "oh no he's in the fence, they're both in the fence, they"re all in the fence" ;):D

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  21. pons

pons Simracer

So we need at least one other state of weather :D kiddin'

Paul Sutton, Flaviu and baboon like this.