1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI a bit slow/passive on starting lap

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Salad Fingers, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

So, let me start by saying that I'm not fast (yet!). My PB is high 1.58s and my race pace is 1.59-2.01.

When I start the race, the AI seems a bit too passive and sluggish. I can literally make 10 positions in the first lap without breaking a sweat. I make obvious, bold moves and nobody will try to switch their line to defend. After the grid spreads, it becomes more normal and overtaking seems much harder. I was playing at 95% both strength and aggression but I tried 100% and it's the same. It's funny, because at 100% the AI actually outpaces me, but I can still make many overtakes when everyone is close together.

Anyone else noticed that?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds I cannot run the game on 64-Bit Apr 18, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Game has crashed - Fatal error! [Resolved by changing audio bitrate] Nov 9, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Getting crash, when launching AC as 64bit. Nov 3, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Full race replays...there is a tiny bit of hope? Oct 12, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to run at 64-bit Sep 24, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game Crash during loading [audio device - too high bitrate] Jul 11, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds 32bit vs 64bit transparency problem Apr 5, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds 64-bit version suddenly doesn't launch (used to work) Jan 13, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game won't start in 64 bit Sep 19, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Problem. can only run AC in 32 bit Jan 19, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Crash game UE4-AC2 Fatal error v1.6.5 [audio device set to unsupported bitrate] Dec 10, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Proper setup of an arbitrary direct input controller as a wheel - when? Aug 4, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room RWB International pre season Exhibition Race Monza 27/6/2020 May 31, 2020
    ACC General Discussions iRacing is in a bit of trouble. Can Assetto Corsa Competizione rise to the challenge? May 6, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds cant run game in 64 bit mode May 4, 2020

3. ozzyneil

ozzyneil Gamer

Yeah they need to go 4 wide at the start but who knows what sort of pileup that might cause. They're just not quite aggressive enough under brakes, but early days, feedback should help them out i guess.

4. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Yeah exactly, I see like two cars at most taking the inside, making it easy to pass 5-6 cars on turn one without touching anyone. Then breaking on turn three it's easy to pass another two, etc. But sure, this isn't a complain, more of an observation. Was wondering if others have noticed as well.

5. Rubinski

Rubinski Rookie

I had the same observations.
    It's too easy to pass on the inside in the first corner.

6. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

Yes, it is like this since long before ACC was even a thing.
    The AI it seems, by hardly ever going two or three wide into corner, allows for quite some dive bombing into a couple of corners.
    Also, on the Nürburgring, they in gnerally brake quite early into T1
    I happily exploit this fact, it must be said,...and put the overtake down to my great situational awarness and excellent late braking skills afterwards:D

Salad Fingers likes this.
  7. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

is it in fact a copy and paste ai from ac1?

i notice the same issues :(

8. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Yeah makes you feel like a boss! Haha... I pulled some amazing overtakes apart from turn 1 :p

9. D_Rod

D_Rod Gamer

I've had the AI block the inside of the first corner numerous times as I tried to out brake them.

After about 7 minutes the pack opens up into three groups I've noticed. You'll have like 8 slow cars, 7 mid pack and 5 alien AI's .....(just from what I've experienced).

10. Nesja

Nesja Racer

The AI feels the same as in AC.
    They brake early and hard, sometimes they seem to ignore your presence, and throughout the race it's as if they become slower and slower.

I'm curious what the AI in the quick race event is set to.
    When I did the quick race event the lead car was way ahead and did a fastest lap of 1:55.1 while all the other cars were really slow.

11. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I hope for a really significant improvement over AC1's AI, becasue I drive 99% of the time in SP.

I just have had a fabulous GT2 race in RR, once again, and that illustrated clearly to me where the deficits are with the AC1 AI. The latter is as situationally aware and reliable , and its fast, yes. Its a good, solid, trustworthy AI, imo. Never I will say it is a bad AI - it isn'T. But it just does not fight. It is not grumpy. It does not take it queer if you overtake it, it does not drive its fangs into your neck, you have no situations like: the player: "I overtook you!" - The AI one second later: "See!? Re-overtake!" - The player "Double-Retake...!" - AI: "Veto...!!!" . In RR, I have fights all over the place, angry AI drivers who were fair, did not shoot me off the track, never, not once, but do not mind to underline their claim by gently rubbing against my door, encouraging me by a mild bump here or there, and, most important: in RR they do not give up once you passed them, they do not let you off the hook easily. THEY COME BACK, and then often with a furor. There were two AI dudes that for the whole length of the race did not let off me, they fought the pack, they fell back, and two laps later they were back in my neck again and beside my window. Whats more, the AI dudes are grumpy against each other as well, and sometimes I had situatiosn where they were four wide. But no fustercluck in turn one, lap one, although things got tight and yelling. Raceroom still is my benchmark in the AI department, and by quite a lead. I hope ACC really learns some tricks from it, it needs them. Its not about having a wreckfest action drama on track, or kamikazes, but: lets face it, the overly pacifist AI in AC1 was reliable, trustworthy, fast in lap times - and boring, because it lacked an artificial will to fight, to win, to pay back, to take revenge, to claim victory. It was as emotional and engaged as a Vulcan. Perfect driving. Boring. Heck, can't these guys curse, slam a fist on the deck and just jumpkick the pedal in anger...? I paint a rhetorical picture, in the hope to deliver what I am after. There is a very signficant difference between the AIs in AC1 and RR. And I want ACC's AI to get infested a bit by RR's AI's passion, in this regard. A good dose of angry temper.

I want an AI with a >healthy< load of grumpiness and bad mood, and no paramount fear to trade paint samples between cars. Not exaggerating, no car shoot-offs, no suicidal collisions, and instead a damn good situational awaress, yes - but no shyness of getting close and dirty within a certain limit. Hell, this is no convoy driving, no formation trekking, this is touring car racing. Ever saw a DTM race, how they come to terms in there at times?! Badda-bangbangbang!

Teach the AI a bit of bad temper and angry behaviour. Wrong time for gently stroking every roe deer standing at the trackside.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  12. J4yR3yn0ld5

J4yR3yn0ld5 Rookie

97 I believe.

Nesja likes this.
  13. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

They do act weirdly ive had multiple cars change pace by alot once there overtaken (mid race not early) and with 97% ai im in a stupid gap for 10th place. While 12th is miles behind me 10th seems to be miles infront