1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[SUPPORT] Multi-GPU and Triple-Screen

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by JetPistol, Sep 12, 2018.

?

Is support for multiple GPUs and screens (still) a crucial feature for modern racing sims?

1. Yes

155 vote(s)
    94.5%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    5.5%
  1. JetPistol

JetPistol Rookie

That's not the case, really. SLI/multiple GPUs have to be implemented by the developer as well for full support and best scaling without glitches.

2. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

Even if thats the case wouldnt it be Epic in the first place ?

3. JetPistol

JetPistol Rookie

Of course it would. :D

4. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Was triple screen supported added recently? I don't see anything in the patch notes but here's a video of it working.

5. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

No! true triple screen is not supported yet, this is just one FOV over 3 screens, you can easily see both left and right screens are stretched :(

kiril_r and SuperSportBilly like this.
  6. I’d love a crossfire profile for AMD cards ....

Anybody know if there is a workaround ? Would like to utilise 3 screens at 5760x1080 with 2 x AMD 290 cards.

Cheers

7. hellfrog_ACFR

hellfrog_ACFR Rookie

8. szydl0

szydl0 Rookie

9. hellfrog_ACFR

hellfrog_ACFR Rookie

crossfire enabled or not don"t change a lot as no specific profile and driver optimization with amd drivers. But a few more fps anyway with it, although second gpu not used a lot.

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I wonder if Nvidia would purposefully hold back SLI knowing not many will be getting 2x 2080 cards and 2x 1080's will likely still outperform a 2080ti with good scaling. :rolleyes:

Sure there is no RTX support in 10 series cards but as of now there is no support for this even on 20 series cards due to no software running it. Maybe they will hold off until rtx is supported so at least then there will be an advantage to using 1 2080ti over 2x 1080 sli setups.

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

Just to clear things up, Nvidia have NVLink on the RTX cards which for all intent and purpose is SLI and yes it’s already available to use, so they are not holding back.
    Yes RTX is already supported in the current cards as they ship with the Star Wars Ray trace demo which is rendered in real time.

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Is NVlink available to be used in games that don't support SLI? or is it the same situation needing per game driver support so AC wouldn't work with it yet, also there are no games with RTX support and ACC doesn't have it in the current build. I surely wouldn't spend $1900aud on a rtx 2080ti to just play a demo and even less likely to spend $3800aud to play the same demo with NVlink. :D

13. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

As I said previously NVLink is the same as SLI only difference being that it has much improved bandwidth and can use both cards memory. So yes all games would need a profile.
    You’re welcome to leave this generation for sure, I think in someways the general public expect too much, the same could be said to Direct X12, no games on release why bother, Direct X11 no games on release, why bother as was DX10 & 9, lets not stop there then, what about the other API’s ? Games available on release = zero :p

14. There's a couple of relevant videos just gone up past few days around NVLink showing some pretty impressive numbers when multi GPU support is present and it works well for that particular game. I think a couple of games were close to the magical 2x scaling with twin RTX 2080Tis. Of course there was also some games with no improvement.

Gamers Nexus - NVLink RTX 2080 Ti Benchmark:

Linus Tech Tips - Is NVLink BETTER than SLI??

That's some serious horsepower.....

Strikeman likes this.
  15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

NVlink is clearly a better bridge then SLI, Nvidia however has dropped the ball with multigpu over the years. Anyone remember them promote 10 series VRworks and VR SLI? How did that end up in terms of actual game support by the next gen?

16. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

1100 more dollars for a card that may or may not work in future games. Well, if you enjoy gambling...

ALB123 likes this.
  17. Rookie0ne

Rookie0ne Rookie

In terms of Crossfire:
    I'm successfully running ACC with Crossfire on a dual Vega 64 setup and I verified that it actually does give me a slight performance boost and that both cards are utilized.
    Resolution is 7680x1440 using Eyefinity spanning and with fairly medium graphic settings I can achieve 100-120 fps without other cars present and ~70-90 fps with other cars present.
    When I disable crossfire in the AMD settings for ACC I see a ~20-25% performance drop ... so the Crossfire gains are not quite what I hoped for but it definitely helps.
    Both Vega64 cards are utilized at 99% according to AMDlink monitoring on a tablet... and both cards are getting quite hot too :) ... i can also properly see the second card at 0% when I disable Crossfire in the AMD settings.

One issue I'm seeing is that with Crossfire the colors in-game seem to be very faint/washed out ... I need to experiment with multiple Crossfire profiles maybe to see if I can find one that works better.

(Yes, I'm also really hoping for proper Tripplescreen support with multiple viewport renderings to avoid the stretched side-monitor views... but the game is still in Alpha, so I think that's to be expected)

18. Rookie0ne

Rookie0ne Rookie

I just experimented a bit more with the latest preview version and the AMD Catalyst driver settings... using the Crossfire profile for "Conan Exiles" (which is an Unreal Engine 4 game) I get actually better FPS results than with the generic "AFR optimized" Crossfire profile:
    IMG_20181118_154607.jpg IMG_20181118_154506.jpg IMG_20181118_154032.jpg

On a practice lap on the Nurburgring I get consistently ~120 FPS, with only very few short drops down to ~100 FPS.

These are my ingame GFX settings:
    IMG_20181118_154721.jpg

szydl0 likes this.
  19. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

In our testing crossfire is a stuttering, lagging, frame dropping, FCAT nightmare. ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE FRAME TIMING. Crossfire has always been an absolute mess, and all the associated issues, hassles, headaches, and minimum performances will never, ever outweigh/justify the slightly, sometimes, improved peaks.