1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Updating Nvidia Drivers

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Rudyjo, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Rudyjo

Rudyjo Rookie

I bought A/C Competizone last night, I have not tried it yet.
    Besides installing the new Microsoft VC Redist Package, I also got a notice to update my Nvidia driver from 334.89 to 378.92.
    I went to the Nvidia website and looked up my Video card , a GTX 560Ti. The update they have for it is 391.35

Is there a reason that I should try to find and install # 378.92 as Assetto Corsa recommends or will the latest driver # 391.35 work?
    Thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Graphic messed up after updating Nvidia Geforce driver Jan 15, 2017
    ACC Troubleshooting Stats not updating for the Spa-Francorchamps circuit. Feb 7, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Did the developer stop updating events on xbox series x? Nov 20, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 Pro not updating ACC version. Jul 27, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No force feedback on Fanatec CSL DD after updating to 1.8 Nov 26, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Track medals not updating Nov 1, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Sloppy FFB and Bass Shaker response after updating to Win 20H2 Feb 6, 2021
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Track Rating not updating (Suzuka) Dec 10, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality WMR Shutting after updating to 1.6 Dec 6, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Special Event, not updating personal time Nov 21, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Personal Best Lap (Circuit Screen) Not Updating Jun 9, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster T300RS GT Firmware not updating Apr 7, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SA is not updating Jan 5, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Delay in updating rating (edit not updating anymore) Jan 3, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Driver Profile not updating Oct 6, 2019

3. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

I think they suggest the 378.92 as the minimum driver version supported by the game, i have the 399.24 and it run whitout problems (also are officially "game ready" for ACC) :)

4. boskapongen

boskapongen Gamer

411.63 just got released.

5. Rudyjo

Rudyjo Rookie

Thanks to both of you, I updated to the 391.35 driver, I tried running A/C Competizione. There is a violent shaking of the car either at idle or at slow speeds, not sure if there is a setting to play with or it is because I am using a computer running the minimum requirments. I'll look through the forums to see if anyone has reported the same problem and has an answer.

6. Rudyjo

Rudyjo Rookie

Thanks to both of you, I updated to the 391.35 driver, I tried running A/C Competizione. There is a violent shaking of the car either at idle or at slow speeds, not sure if there is a setting to play with or it is because I am using a computer running the minimum requirments. I'll look through the forums to see if anyone has reported the same problem and has an answer.

7. Rudyjo

Rudyjo Rookie

8. Rudyjo

Rudyjo Rookie

9. Rudyjo

Rudyjo Rookie

My reply got posted 4 times, tried to delete 3 of them but couldn't make it happen, sorry.

10. ZioYuri78

I'll skip for now, looks like it cause problems with Unreal Editor and is bad for my job.

Maybe it's unrelated but try the 399.24 instead (are more optimized for ACC), if the shaking persist report the issue in the bug report forum section :)

11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

this solved the shaking issue for me

12. Rudyjo

Rudyjo Rookie

I tried to open cameraoptionsea.json, and got a notice that it cannot be opened. Looks like I will need to find the program that allows it to be opened.
    Thanks for the hint.

13. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Just right click and open with notepad..

D_Rod likes this.
  14. Rudyjo

Rudyjo Rookie

Thanks to all of you, I got the cameraoptionsea.json file opened using notepad and changed the general movement from 1 to o.
    That did the trick.

sissydriver likes this.
  15. magzire

magzire Alien

Lost performance with 411.63, according to AC benchmark. 25k down to 23k.

Felippe Kiss 1987 likes this.
  16. boskapongen

boskapongen Gamer

Probably Nvidia nerfing the old 10-series through the drivers.... Apple style. :p

Leynad, Felippe Kiss 1987 and Stains like this.
  17. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

better get your tinfoil hat on. ;)

After_Midnight, D_Rod and boskapongen like this.
  18. Stains

Stains Simracer

I heard no reports of this but was thinking nVidia would do this little by little over a few drivers to help 20 series look better , lol
    It wouldn't surprise me .

David Bertholom and boskapongen like this.
  19. Me too, less performance with this driver

20. ZioYuri78

Anyone have tested the new 416.16 drivers (released today)?
    I'm still with the 399.24 because the last two versions were a mess with the UE4 Editor.

21. D_Rod

D_Rod Gamer

416.16 working fine here. A little warmer than usual. Settings on high.