1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Low framerate in quick race

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Dividends, Sep 13, 2018.

1. thekan76

thekan76 Gamer

The reason why don't overclock my system thats i'm a dumb and scared to broke my CPU.
    My mobo I don't think that has a problem with OC, its bios has all option for tweak the system.
    Any suggestion are welcome

2. thekan76

thekan76 Gamer

Do you have some suggestion for search the problem?

3. Okay so CAVEAT NO CPU IS THE SAME - Please note overclocking can damage your CPU/shorten it's lifespan.

I suggest checking out YouTube videos/look up your mobo for bespoke settings pertaining to your setup.

As below applicable to my setup, using Windows UI to overclock; however the same can be applied in BIOS and in a lot of cases there are preset overclocking settings to do all the work for you.

The two key things here are the 'Multiplier' and as required 'Voltage Offset' (noting offset on my setup does not run my CPU at max preset voltage rather adjusts based on clock speed/load)

My i5 6600k ran at 4.2 all day long without even touching the voltage, so you may wish to do the same, to understand if the net yields are sufficient for your needs prior to pushing further.

As below, my settings are as follows running at ~4.6 with and offset voltage of +0.030v or as per CPU-Z indicates 1.392v whilst stress testing running Prime 95 Stable

https://ibb.co/ejaJge

thekan76 likes this.
  4. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

I'd start by opening Windows Task Manager (Ctrl/Shift/Esc) with nothing running but your desktop and take a look at what's using CPU clock cycles. There should no more than about 5% maximum load on the CPU. If you spot a larger load, try shutting down the offending app (or process if you're sure it's not essential). Some antivirus or antimalware apps can steal quite a bit of your performance - I use Bitdefender which has an automatic game mode with virtually no performance hit. Make sure that all background apps, particularly web browsers, are closed before running ACC. Try turning off vsync if it's on and switch AA to low in-game.

Updating NVIDIA graphics drivers without using the "clean install" option can also be a cause of poor performance. Try manually uninstalling and reinstalling them using that advanced option.

thekan76 likes this.
  5. Nafets

Nafets Rookie

New to the game....but im having the same issue quick is so bad its unplayable... hot etc is fine is there a fix or anything

6. MacTigga

MacTigga Rookie

I had similar issue but it improved after fiddling with settings.
    i3 4160, 1050ti & 8G ram.
    Current settings are all epic except for low or mid shadow and effects.
    CPU can’t handle high FPS (or many opponents) so I rather cap FPS and boost resolution to compensate.
    After recent patch I find this is best for me:
    -For hotlap I set resolution to 140 then cap at 40fps.
    -Rain requires me to reduce by 5FPS.
    -Adding opponents requires a 1fps drop per car ( so 10 car quick race is at 30fps).
    Not ideal, but great graphics, very playable, and smooth for a low power pc. Ultimately more power would probably be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  7. Nafets

Nafets Rookie

my new computer is as follows - intel core i7-800K cpu @ 3.70ghx nvidia geforce gtx 960 16gb ram
    So i have to reduce the settings to be able to play the game?? There is a section to change FPS in the settings that i have to change?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  8. MacTigga

MacTigga Rookie

Go to Options > Video , and change Frame limit. It forces a FPS limit so your cpu does not get maxed out. Also reduce shadows and effects. Other settings can be high or epic depending on your cpu and graphics card. The main rule is to keep cpu below 100% otherwise you get bottleneck in processor.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  9. Nafets

Nafets Rookie

Ok cool thankyou... what is the general no to set the FPS at??

10. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

It seems that MacTigga doesnt know much about hardware.
    Your i7 is one of the strongest CPU's right now. It wont limit you! You have 6 cores like me and they hold easily 60 FPS, you should have more like 80-90 FPS just for the CPU.
    Your slow GTX960 is the bottleneck. Turn down graphics and set Limit to 60 FPS ingame.

11. Nafets

Nafets Rookie

I didn't think it was a cpu issue, i thought it was related to graphic issue... what series graphics card should i be looking at?? On a side note im have issue with color banding on other applications as well

12. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

For this Game only nVidia is fine. AMD isnt that good supported sadly.
    Your Budget should be known?
    I would tend to a 1060 Custom - 200 bucks or 1070ti Custom - 400bucks or if you have more Money to a 1080ti Custom - 600 bucks.
    Just watch for sales and advertising. They are selling cheaper, because nextgen is out now.
    But nvidia Turing 2070-2080ti is a bad series from pure performance gain.

13. Nafets

Nafets Rookie

My budget is under nothing above $1000 so i would probably look around the 500-600 mark for a gpu.. i only use nvidia/gigabyte products... cool will do some investigation thanks heaps Deatroy

Deatroy likes this.
  14. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Then watch out for a Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti Extreme Edition with 4 years warranty.
    That is the card i watching till Christmas.
    I think on Black Friday or Cyber Monday you can get this one for 450-500 bucks.

15. Nafets

Nafets Rookie

Um yeah litte too expensive for me.... anything a bit cheaper..lol

16. LOL, the quick race challenge brought my old pc to it's knees; the field never even got the green flag, we just paced for two laps until I exited. While pacing my throttle was jumping off and on even though I was holding steady pressure on the pedal. Guess after all these years it is finally time for a pc upgrade.

17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Since 0.1.2 quick races are a slide show on my system. Even maintaining 60 fps the mode is undrivable now.
    With 0.1.1 installed 20 ai races in all conditions were rather smooth...:confused:
    Back to hotlap mode I think.

18. mailanmanu

mailanmanu Rookie

Same issue here .. with my GTX 1060 the Quick Race is only possible with up to 10 opponents. This
    seems to be a hard cap for my specs, with 11 and above everything gets to a 1 frame per second halt
    and is therefore unplayable.

19. Nafets

Nafets Rookie

20. When it comes to the AI your CPU is far more likely to be holding you back then your GPU. A GTX 1060 combined with a modern CPU appears to yield 60+fps at 1080p