1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Low framerate in quick race

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Dividends, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Nope, with a bottlenecked system of any sort you should not be able to run 60 fps with 1hz picture chopping! No way...

2. You can throw all the GPU horsepower you want at it, if you are CPU bound (which is the case if 5 ai perform correctly but 20 is unplayable) you will still be SOL.

Here in a month or so I will be upgrading my 2500k to an i3 8350k; very curious to see how my 1060 will perform after this upgrade.

mms likes this.
  3. J4yR3yn0ld5

J4yR3yn0ld5 Rookie

Why an i3? Get an i5 minimum for gaming...

Raklödder likes this.
  4. mannitom77

mannitom77 Racer

Just few days ago changed my CPU from i5 3570k (which isn't much better than your current one) to i5 8600k and I have GTX 1060 6GB like you do. Other than simracing games FPS gain was nonexistent as I expected. In AC I got few frames more in benchmark test and in ACC, yes I got better frame rates but not that significant.

There's my AC benchmark results. AC Benchmark.png

MacTigga and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  5. $$$

6. mannitom77

mannitom77 Racer

You should buy i5 8400 instead of i3 8350k. You get two more cores with same prize and as far as I know it has better Performance in games.

f_deutsch and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  7. mms

mms Alien

AFAIK the benchmark test in AC is not CPU intensive, you should have tried a race with 20+ opponents to see the impact of the CPU upgrade on the performance...

8. http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8400-vs-Intel-Core-i3-8350K/3939vs3935

Looks pretty similar to me, besides I already got a hella deal on the 8350 so it is on the way. Once I have a new mobo and ram if performance is still an issue I will sell it all and slowly build a top of the line i7 system.

f_deutsch likes this.
  9. Nafets

Nafets Rookie

well this has escalated quickly!

10. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

The comparison between the i3-8350K and the i5-8400 is interesting. I would like to know more about how many cores ACC will use. # cores against core speed. The 8350K seems to be the new 2500K monster that gave me soo many years of power.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  11. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Custom PC magazine (Feb 2018) used an i3-8350k in their budget build and overclocked it comfortably to 5GHz. It's a great budget gaming CPU. Also, take a look here if you haven't already: https://www.tomshardware.co.uk/intel-core-i3-8350k-cpu,review-34095.html

f_deutsch and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  12. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

Running ACC with a I7 2700k @4.2 Gtx 980ti most settling on low about 60-70 fps runs smooth no issues so far .

Problems will come when VR lands, if i can hotlap in VR ill be happy with that while i get my $$$ ready for new PC in time for multiplayer

13. petesky

petesky Simracer

is there anybody who can achieve 60fps during race AND replays on high or epic settings?

14. RWa

RWa Simracer

With my laptop the Lenovo Legion Y520 with the following specs:

Intel Core i7 - 7700HQ - Quad core (4) - Kaby Lake - 2800 MHz,Turbo Frequency 3800 MHz - 6Mb Cache
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 4 GB GDDR5 SDRAM
    RAM: 16 GB SO-DIMM DDR4
    512 Gb NVMe PCIe SSD

I can run AC with medium, high settings smooth when having 24 cars on the grid. For ACC the story is different. Hotlap, Practice are fine but in races (18 cars) the FPS is quite bad. I assume there will take place quite some optimization by Kunos to make the ACC run more smooth.

15. TheMightyRDN

TheMightyRDN Rookie

I get significant stuttering in the 35 min stint mode too, which starts at sunset and has time acceleration just like the race, so I don't think it's an AI problem as much as maybe something related to the dynamic lighting and/or the time acceleration.

I have a GTX 1060 3GB, i5 4570, 16 GB RAM.

luxxx797, f_deutsch and AndreyKov like this.
  16. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

Will just ask here:,does anyone know how memory is used in acc? I noticed its hardly using any memory,on top windows using 1.9gb,runing acc gets me to only 4gb of usage (2.1gb for acc in this case). Im talking about system memory not vram.

Edit: scenario is 20 Ai cars.

17. [​IMG]

18. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Same issue, very similar hardware spec. I believe it may be due to texture loading for sunset and night scenarios. Defintely not an AI issue as if I run same number of AI on a fixed time there is no issues. RivaTunner stats shows all 3GB Video Ram being used. Also, my current GPU runs in PCIe 2.0 which may be a reason of stuttering related to texturel oading.

TheMightyRDN likes this.
  19. J4yR3yn0ld5

J4yR3yn0ld5 Rookie

I’m not, and I have a decent PC, playing at the settings in my sig. Runs at 60 some of the time but drops into the 40’s a lot during the replays, especially race replays.

petesky likes this.
  20. AlexR

AlexR Racer

Hi everyone,

Does anybody knows whether the update 2 of ACC brings any improvement in CPU occupancy by AI? Or does it still require a $$$ CPU to run correctly?

I'm still waiting for such an optimization before buying the game again...

Stains likes this.