1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE Rating/Leaderboard server update 0.1.2 + Leaderboard reset

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Sep 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

First of all, we want to thank everyone of joining us during this Early Access program. The feedback and data we have received during the last week was very, very helpful and actually exceeding expectations.

To recap:

1) The first release was very succesful, and the service wasn't fully available during the first evening. We could identify a few things to improve, especially when many (and I mean it!) new accounts are created within a few minutes. Overall we are very pleased to see that the overall structure and performance is working out

2) We could identify and solve an issue where new personal records wouldn't be always added to the leaderboard. This is working well for days now, so it is time to start out again

3) Both Hotstint events have been affected by the work on the server, some of the results in the leaderboard are missing one lap in the corresponding total time. After the reset we expect everything to be working as intended

4) We discovered that the use of the Stability Control assist is benificial even for the fastest drivers. They don't necessarily gain time, but it allows to drive more risky without drawback, resulting in more "perfect laps / time invested". In a first reaction we prepared the system to add a laptime penalty with the 0.1.2 update, but discovered a potentially better solution we will test for the next release 0.2. Until we have a working solution, the leaderboard will simply reject personal records with Stability Control enabled - you will receive a corresponding message inside the leaderboard instead.

5) During this one week we (finally) got lots of data regarding driver's ratings, laptimes, condition preferences. To give a rough figure: If we sum all laptimes until now, the time spent equals 11,2 years of driving. And that's only the valid laps...

Personally the most interesting statistics are the driver ratings, and how they distribute across all drivers. We actually had a very good start, the experiences and observations collected in the previous events in Los Angeles, Misano and Spa payed out very well. Of course the systems will require adjustments during the Early Access phase, but the starting configuration is already pretty good.
    So far we discovered that the Consistency (CN) Rating is a bit too easy, and the Car Control Rating has already been adjusted to be ~10% less at a value of 50-60, while 0 and 100 remain as-is.
    We also received lots of feedback regarding the UI and it's communication capabilities, and we will improve the hints and feedback further during the next months.

6) The leaderboard events seem to be fun and highly appreciated, even before the issues have been resolved.
    I'm especially happy about the attendance in the Hotstint events - roughly 2000 entries in the short Hotstint, and almost 1000 entries in the 35 minute one in the first week of the first Early Access release - this is plainly amazing. (for the record: the Hotlap event had 5800)

7) Obviously the next Release 0.2 is in the making, so this will be the last server update for version 0.1.
    Given the entries with activated Stability Control (4) and wrong total Stint Times (3), we cleared the leaderboards during the night, This should enable everyone to have a some good time in normally operating leaderboards events, while we are waiting for the next update and more exciting content and features to come.

You may notice, most of this writeup and progress is only possible because you decided to join us during the development - thanks a lot. This was a looong week, but we're definitively on a good way.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Bug reports Lap 0 Laptime is way off! Multiplayer Server Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Communicating with accServer.exe (previously acRemoteServerUDP) Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Unplanned multiplayer server outage Mar 13, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Time of Day adjustment on AC Server Maker stuck at 8:00-18:00 even though I have full version ACCM Mar 2, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Moon Icon Serverlist Feb 7, 2024
    XBox One Discussions I FINALLY got my SA to play in Competition servers on xbox one and...... Feb 2, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC Official Server higher requirement Jan 30, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Servers are offline Jan 27, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer I can't join GT2 Servers Jan 26, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer GT2- some cars cant join Gt2 Server Jan 25, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Dedicated Server shows up in Lobby without ping value and cannot be accessed Jan 11, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC - Cannot find server with password Jan 2, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Create Public Server, or Class Specific Official Servers Dec 3, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC-Server incident logging possible? Nov 30, 2023

3. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

Amazing job Minolin, you did an amazing job for free before and now it's even better, good support and communication and I think this systems are adding great value to the game!

Epocx, sissydriver and LeDude83 like this.
  4. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

You're doing fine work, Minolin. This rating nonsense has actually made me drive better and faster already, and it's fun, so cheers and beers for everyone :)

Epocx, sissydriver, AndreyKov and 3 others like this.
  5. Great job to all! I am enjoying so much ACC. Thank you so much! But I think in some session or under 60% of TR (track competence) should still show the feedback, it is only a suggestion.

6. TDS

TDS Alien

Good stuff, thanks!

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Good work Minolin, I still don't ever see any results in the menu or after a session. I need to load in again and make 1 lap to see the current leaderboard. Once the event is over I have no idea what my time was and just get a blurred car with a blank session results page. In menu the leaderboard has always been blank but maybe this is the same for everyone but could be somehow ping related for us in Australia.

Not sure if the CC rating is a bit broken as mine has just been on a steady decline even after running a few 35 minute hot stints with hardly any off tracks. I am at 36 CC now was considerably more at some point with just a few resets when my wheel paddles have failed which was happening alot but supposedly this doesn't effect the rating. My PC around 95 and CN around 87 but the CC goes backwards even if I run pretty decent 1:56 pace for the 35 minutes with no real off tracks, maybe ACC understands my CC sucks but if you need 50 to progress to the next level I don't think I would ever get there again. :D

8. manudouet

manudouet Gamer

Thank you for all your work, it's an amazing 1st build. :)
    It's really nice to have those reports and additional information like the ACC Blog.

AndreyKov, LeDude83 and Phoenixcat like this.
  9. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Sounds good @Minolin!

Will it be a feature to download a hotlap ghostcar from the leaderboards? Maybe even setups?

Epocx likes this.
  10. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

Congratulations to all the team, and especially for you, Minolin.
    Amazing job !

11. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Heh, my thoughts exactly.

Thanks Minolin & Kunos!

12. Phoenixcat

Phoenixcat Gamer

Great work Minolin, I’m loving the new rating system.
    Are you able to tell us how many people are playing ACC?

13. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

I love the rating system! It definitely keeps me driving and wanting to get better!

14. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

I think this speaks very well on how much enjoyable is the ACC experience even in this first release.

Can't wait until tire degradation, fuel consumption, dynamic weather etc.

So exciting to be part of this early access and see the game's progress! I appreciate that, Kunos! Thank you!

15. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

First of all thanks for the hard work :)

Now let's talk about some concerns i have as a gamepad user,

as i wrote here i'm not happy to be penalized because i use stability control with gamepad but it's only my personal opinion, i'm not saying you are wrong, i understand the motivation behind it but now a total reject of the lap it seems to me too much, a gamepad user will never be able to be competitive against a pro steering wheel user even with stability control at 100%.

Said this, for what i understand it's a temporary solution until the 0.2 release, i will put my heart in peace and i will wait to see which solution will come next month, meanwhile i have a couple of questions about the current situation and the future:
    1. will the use of stability control also affect our hotstint sessions?
    2. i know it's early to talk about multiplayer but the use of stability control will affect the ability to join multiplayer races?
    3. is in the work an improvement of gamepad configuration like the possibility to bind throttle and brakes on the right stick or to modify the sensibility of rear triggers? (better configuration->no need to use stability control).
    4. i noticed that developers have a "dev" tag on the leadeboard, will this tag system be extended to make separated categories of drivers like "pad", "wheel" or something based on the current realism setting and maybe associated with the official Blancpain GT Series categories like Silver, Pro-Am and Am whitout have to split up the leaderboard?
    EDIT:
    I was forgetting, as i wrote in the linked comment right now in quick race when there is a contact with an opponent you will lose the control very easily whitout stability control, are collisions still to be tweaked? Because the experience can become very frustrating.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    AmirHM likes this.
  16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

For mp I assume it will be much like in AC, if users can set servers they can force SC off on the server for all or obviously others can setup servers allowing it to be used. For leaderboards then at the very least having an icon saying SC was used would be needed. If some other form of penalty is used to balance out the advantage it gives works then that's fine but if you don't want the penalty of using SC you can always not run it. Im sure ACC will be playable with it off even on a gamepad though I only use a wheel and have not tried sc at all.

17. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

@Minolin can we maybe have fuel and tire wear as mandatory to get on leaderboards...so we stop people with 1 l of fuel laping the track etc. so if somebody tries to do hotlap give them warning message stability is on fuel and tire wear is off leaderboards not gonna count in laps. and it will make them go acording to the rules and than try to set times.

Nahkamarakatti, Fremen_78 and TDS like this.
  18. TDS

TDS Alien

tires and fuel cons. are only turned off on hotlap mode

mms likes this.
  19. TDS

TDS Alien

i totally agree with that, realistic hotlapping too. only track and weather perfect conditions rest as "irl" with tire wear and fuel consumption on.

20. mms

mms Alien

I'm not sure that's a good idea, as in that case to get the best chance you would have to load fuel for 2-3 laps and when that's done then start again. You would also spend time to figure out how much fuel you need exactly to minimize fuel load when you cross the line. Right now that might work, as there's nothing much to do, but later I think it would reduce the number of people interested in hot-lap events... Even right now I'm not really motivated to fire up the hot-lap event.

21. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

No, I think I have read that Kunos wants a real Hotlap, which means no fuel and no tire wear.
    Which is cool in my opinion.
    The tires reset each time you cross the finish line actually.

But I think it was sometimes annoying in AC, when you were in a good shape, beating the laptime on each lap, to have to stop because you were running out of fuel.
    Or having to do 2 or 3 laps before your tires are at a good temperature.

It's realistic, ok... but can't we be realistic on a complete race week-end (qualifying / race), and have a much simple hotlap mode just to reach the best laptime?

sissydriver, nfsw55, XettMan and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.