1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE Rating/Leaderboard server update 0.1.2 + Leaderboard reset

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Sep 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I don't know...you guys want the fastest unrealistic hotlap time?

Salvatore Amato, mantasisg and TDS like this.
  2. mms

mms Alien

No, but why would be that unrealistic? Let's say that we have fuel consumption and tire wear, if someone manages to nail the perfect conditions to arrive with perfect amount of fuel to the start of the lap and empty tank at the end, also pretty much fresh tires on the start, how much that would be different to have let's say 1l of fuel and no tire wear. I mean it's really that much you can wear a tire in one single lap? And as for the fuel, ok, if you find unrealistic to go with 1l of fuel, then that could be a fixed amount of fuel, so people don't have to fiddle around with that either.

Fremen_78, AC_RAF and D.Jankovic like this.
  3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Yea i like the idea of reseting the tire and fuel on start of every lap. But you can`t lap a circuit in 1l of fuel that is for sure. Make it so attleast you have enough to go the lap.and than ofc cros the line bam everything reset keep laping. idk how much fuel you need to lap the Nurbergring i have 4-6l in my car when i lap around and it resets. But having 1l and no tire wear at all on track (meaning tires are always green and at its fastest is a bit of a shortcut?)

mms likes this.
  4. I only wish one thing different on hotlap, that fuel was same for everyone, something about 30l, and for me is not bad do not have tire wear and fuel consumption because in hotlap is for reach the perfect lap. In addition the hotstint is one of the better new feature what force you to be consistent having fuel consumption and I hope with tire wear and dynamic track in close future, however I think it should stay with optimum weather to be same condition to everybody.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  5. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

There is no reason to praise no fuel consumption, no tire wear and all other no to challenges. However, if there is such event from time to time, and equal to everyone then its kool, but if it would become a standard then IMO it would be bad. I'd guess there will be many various presets for events... well there could be... so many options... not going to get boring soon, even with just GT3 :D

6. for esp lovers.

no ESP -> gain.(skills, pride, speed, happiness, fat loss, heartbeat improves, requires a brain when you race with others on track!)
    ESP -> try again.(consistency(?), cutting turns(?), raping curbs(?), distroing others race witn not even a spin(?)) ====>> no thanks! multiplayer online requires skills and respect.

but i wonder, why don't you try without for a few days? it's regenerating! just try and be patient, carefull and calm your laptimes will improve
    I'm a pad user

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Regarding fat loss, I can confirm that from 1'55'2 you start burning calories, for real.

I haven't tried ESP, but wouldn't it significantly limit performance of the car ?

8. It changes the weight distribution when you hardcore the car, when you hit the curbs hard, when you touch someone or someone touches you, when you stall on the breaks for too long, when you turn the stick all of a sudden because, I know, with the pad you are always one the limit, and at last on a wet track it nullifies the difference between dry and wet.
    I'm not talking about the esp used on cars.
    I'm talking about my feeling of stability control on acc.

9. I want to be more serious about this.

I don't care if someone wants to drive with 1l or with the esp. Not my stuff.

but when it comes to racing, esp has to be disabled or we will have the ballsmashers once again. Because in the end, esp makes easier anything that goes against the rules of fair driving.

I mean you have to think about it ten times before to make a surpass which is, let's say, risky when esp is off. And its ok.

That's all I care about.

Fremen_78 likes this.
  10. paul thomas

paul thomas Racer

And it makes testing setups much easier as it takes tire wear and fuel weight out of the equation

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Or actually is misleading, because inevitably you'll use the setup with fuel consumption and tires wear.

12. paul thomas

paul thomas Racer

If you can set the fuel at any value then that's not a problem.

Better still if we could set tire wear to any state. So you could set both low fuel and high wear to test how a setup would behave late race.

Maybe it could be implemented in a test sessions and taken out of the hotlap mode. Either way I d be happy

13. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Well, I think of the hotlap challenge as your last lap in a qualifying session.

Therefore I think tyres should be in the state where driver got a fresh set, prepared them in his out-lap (not sure if this applies to Blancpain, but in some series depending on the track, grip and temps outlap + 1 slow lap) so they are at their optimum and fuel should be set to a value that equals to 1 hot lap plus the in-lap to the pits.

Therefore I think having fresh tyres each lap for me is the way to go, but the fuel should be adjusted to a realistic settings of a final qualify lap.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    sissydriver likes this.
  14. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

So take 18L of fuel do 5-7laps, and the thing will be practically the same, no need to have static stuff, you won't always be doing 30 laps straight in most cases anyway. Lost ten liters probably wouldn't make the car faster than 0.3s, and tires probably would still remain in their optimum grip, wouldn't they ? Afaik new slick tires even has to wear a bit to reach their optimum grip, because they has protective coating or something. Today I have done 30 laps straight in hotlap event, but usually I am doing about five. No fuel and tires consumption makes little sense for me. You could argue that it is some kind of a restart lap after lap, without actually really doing a restart, and maybe it could be reasonable, but IMO it is a bit whack.

By the way, I think there would be a kool event where you would have to do two quick laps, enter pits, leave pits and do two more laps :)

15. It is a game mode. Simracers are their own worst enemy when it comes to overthinking something.

16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Well, if you want to keep on lapping, then either the longer Hotstint challenge or practice might be the better way of doing it.

@mantasisg
    Tyres don't have a protective coating, it's residue from the production process so that the rubber doesn't stick to the casting mould during the removal, so the fresh surface of a tyre has a little less grip. But that is usually removed by just driving the outlap already.
    (in MotoGP i.e. the riders often drive a slow lap with intermediate/rain tyres in dry conditions if there's a chance of a wet session/race to remove that surface layer, not sure if this is common in car racing though)

Rodrigo Cintra likes this.
  17. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Will be like that in the end. Have patience ;)
    Hotlap is meant to replicate the same lap's conditions any time you drive, so there are no "the best laptime can be achieved in lap 7 if you start with this and that", or a restart is required after 3 laps. I think we are there, except for the fuel.

If there is anything sensible in this game mode, it is that you can drive on and on, and just focus on your laps (and *cough* consistency *cough*).

I would strongly suggest not to use the term ESP. SC is already ambigous, but ESP suggests a real and realistic implementation (and yes, there are even race-ESPs, not in the GT3 class but for example the Cup Porsche).

Rodrigo Cintra, mms and Schnipp like this.
  18. A pure hotlap game mode should also feature a fixed (untouchable) setup IMO. I can understand leaving the setup open since the majority of the community would likely skip the game mode altogether instead spending time making laps with a setup they didn't like.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  19. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Simracing isn't all about driving skill. Since we don't have our private race engineers, we have to deal with the setups as well. I don't think it's necessary to fix setups for Hotlap mode, especially since, as you mentioned, there's no setup that will suit everyone.

MrDeap likes this.
  20. I guess in my dream world there would be a game mode that provided a leaderboard that is only about driving skill/adaptability. But yeah, not worth creating a game mode that nobody would use.

Just as an aside though, when two or more pilots share a car neither of them are likely to have a setup that is exactly to their liking. Adapting to what the engineers give you is a skill set in the real world. I have no factual sources to back me up, but I wouldn't be surprised if the pro driver had to deal with a rather conservative/safe setup when sharing the car with a wealthy amateur.

Rodrigo Cintra likes this.