1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@Whitestar

Unless stated clearly on a confirmation post, roadmap update, changelog... I will not take it for granted if it's just a word from a FB, Twitter or anything.

Be sure that Kunos have read this post and if they don't clarify... there's an obvious reason :)

2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

^^This exactly mirrors my thoughts...

3. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't know about that, I've always felt that if it's a definite no, they will say no. When Kunos are quiet it seems to mean there's something in the works, it's still up in the air and a final result hasn't been confirmed.

If UE4 hasn't got native triple screen support it may require a lot more work than expected. I would assume they are trying their best but it's just not straight forward.

Whitestar likes this.
  4. Dion

Dion Rookie

Surely Kunos would have investigated triple screen support when evaluating UE4, if they didn't and are only just doing it now that's a massive over sight for a company developing a racing sim. Especially one that has done it already...

norbs and Fanapryde like this.
  5. Turk

Turk Alien

Maybe not, it may have appeared triple screen support would be straight forward or possible in initial research and the problems don't become apparent until your elbows deep in the code trying to force a one size fits all engine to do something very specific and detailed.

But again, they haven't categorically said there is no triple screen, I don't think they've even really hinted at it.

People said you couldn't make a sim out of UE4 and Kunos have done it. So people saying UE4 doesn't do triple screen doesn't mean a whole lot either, if it can be done Kunos are the people to do it.

Whitestar and trucidatio like this.
  6. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

I so hope you are right.
    If not, I really have problems understanding why Kunos chose for UE4. Unless they underestimated the count of triple screen users, or unless consoles were the aiming point in the first place.

Tim Meuris and Serge Pribicevic like this.
  7. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

And that reason is? :)

8. sell the game for triple screen user anyway, off course !

Fanapryde and Mad.Motion like this.
  9. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

They don't want to share their work and plans for triple at the moment and possibly loose some sells. Because they just discover that UE4 is handling Triple very basicly and not up to the standards of a 2019 racing sim....

Choosing UE4 was maybe not the best idea because this engine can be a nightmare to master when you re not working at Epic or getting the proper support from them (just look at PUBG and its massive bugs, framerates issues, etc...)

10. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Well my findings so far...

In ACC i use three identical asus 27" monitors set @ 5760 x 1080 with Full Screen Enabled.

When on track(race, practice etc.) the screen is stretched across the three monitors.
    But, in the replay of the race i've just ran...
    The image is not stretched, looks like proper triple screen rendering is enabled/used.

Below is screenie taken from a replay.
    ACC Replay pic.png
    https://ibb.co/dDszGp

11. TriGgeR

TriGgeR Rookie

This is what a single viewport is supposed to look like.
    Actually, if your 3 screens are aligned (all flat side-by-side, no angle), the game should look fine.

If your screens are at an angle (and tbh, they should be... that's the whole point about a triple screen setup), then it will look "stretched".
    It's possible that it's not as noticeable on replay because objects are further away, while during racing your cockpit is very close.

Serge Pribicevic likes this.
  12. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

When i run a race in ACC, the image in my right monitor is stretched.
    Yet, watching and taking a screenie from a replay shows no stretching whatsoever in any monitor.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  13. Whitestar

Not sure, but I think that could be because of the fov. It seems narrow in the replay views, i.e. zoomed in on the car.

rycil likes this.
  14. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Well there's definitely no stretching in the replay and each of the monitors seems to be rendered correctly. :)

Just that you would think if the replay renders the three screens correctly, why doesn't the race, practice sessions etc. o_O

15. Whitestar

Or because they don't have anything to share other than what Marco said on FB. But this is all speculation. I'm sure they will share any solid info when they have it.
    All stretching can be reduced by decreasing the fov (zooming in). So I think it's just the narrow fov in the replay view that tricks you into thinking there's proper triple screen. If you could zoom that replay camera out then I think it would be stretched too, just like the onboard camera. Anyway, that's the best explanation I have for it. :)

paulieGTR likes this.
  16. rycil

rycil Simracer

The replay in 3 screens is definitively zoomed! Barely unusable.

Whitestar likes this.
  17. Whitestar

Not a big fan of it myself. Hopefully we get more options in the new build. :)

18. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Yeah, i'm not disagreeing with you. :)

If you increase or decrease the fov while watching a replay, that would effect the whole width.

But It's weird how it's only my right side monitor that gets stretched in race sessions and not the left.
    ie. the right side monitor is pretty noticeable(giant mirror).

Can't wait for proper triple screen support/setup much like what AC has.

Whitestar likes this.
  19. rycil

rycil Simracer

And remember guys that even in the latest build of AC, the bezel correction is not working in replay! A loooong awaited feature that never came.

menos | M6 likes this.
  20. Whitestar

I did the bezel correction in nvidia control panel instead. That worked fine.