1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Support for EDTracker... it's really simple to implement :)

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Team EDTracker, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Hi,

This is a message for the ACC devs from an EDTracker dev :)

To support EDTracker as a device to control the in-sim view it is very easy. There is no API or special software needed.

EDTracker appears to Windows as a USB joystick. Roll, pitch and yaw and output as joystick x,y,z values.

To support EDTracker in ACC you would need to allow the user to bind a joystick input to "look up/down" and "look left/right".

Of course if TrackIR support is added then EDTracker would be supported via the Opentrack utility (as it is in AC)

We're happy to provide ACC devs with a couple of EDTrackers if it help ;)

Kind Regards,

Rob James

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Tools ACC Window Manager - Multi-monitor support Jun 11, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Who do I need to bribe to get PSVR2 support on ACC for PS5 (pretty please?) May 13, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting A request to add windows 8.1 support for ACC Jul 10, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Dedicated Server on Unsupported Operating Systems - Please Read Feb 11, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality I just fixed ACC VR support in Linux/Proton Aug 16, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G923 TrueForce support in ACC Aug 5, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PLEASE READ: HOW TO GET SUPPORT FOR ACC ON CONSOLE (PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Xbox One) Jun 23, 2020
    Console Lounge ACC Supported Wheel Update? Fanatec? Jun 23, 2020
    Console Lounge Thrustmaster Wheel support in ACC PS4 May 14, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Is ACC going to support DX12? May 13, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC crash immediately after launch [unsupported pak files] Feb 14, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Secondary Input Support ACC? Jun 5, 2019
    ACC General Discussions ACC mod support in the future? May 27, 2019
    ACC Physics Does ACC support ABS feedback through wheel? May 5, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Will ACC support event loops? Apr 27, 2019

3. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

4. delpinsky

delpinsky Gamer

Old EDTracker owner here!
    Please Stefano & co. support EDTracker at best :)

5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Just curious, why would you as a CV1 owner be hoping?

But yeah, old but not obsolete :D

6. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

A couple of reasons really. The main one is that I have recently had a diagnosis of a medical condition which, currently, does not like me using VR. MS basically. And, as good as VR is at increasing the feeling of immersion, the feeling from me is that the investment required for the next gen of VR wouldn't be worth it, the current gen having the limitations it does. Now, I'm not averse to spending a few quid on my pc set up, as my sig shows ;), but my priorities have changed a little.

Added to that, I'm just trying to help out those guys/gals that aren't able to go down the VR route and my initial experience of the ED Tracker, before I delved into VR, was nothing but good, especially with the triple screens. Here's hoping that Kunos can quite easily add that functionality :)

mikendrix likes this.
  7. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Thanks for the heads up @Team EDTracker , hope we'll get your wonderful little device up and running soon in ACC.

8. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

When you know that you can not even bind and use the left joystick on a Fanatec wheel to look around you.... this is just unbeliveble. It's a 2019 game we are speaking about guys :)

9. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Correction; a 2019 early access game.

10. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

When you know that developer answered already that that is an issue and it will be fixed but people still cry that is not there. Internet in 2019 :)

sps_for_race, R. Iván, TDS and 3 others like this.
  11. delpinsky

delpinsky Gamer

It would be helpful, maybe, creating a single thread reporting all the missing/not working things, just like a ToDo list.
    Then we or the Devs strikethrough the point that has been fixed.
    This way maybe some people will complain less?
    In the end it's an EA and we all knew the drill: we are public betatesters, hoping we will give Kunos a better way to improve the sim.

12. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@D.Jankovic

Sources please ? I will be happy to read that official statement.

@mister dog

Are you serious ? you wanna play on words... this is just trolling.
    That look around problem is just an AC problem/choice, you can use freelook in major racing sim games published way before 2018 lol

13. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

The thing you did not get is the emphasis on "early access". Free look around just does not matter at the current milestone, while I do think without a shadow of a doubt that this feature, along with headtracking, will be available in coming versions.

I mean, COME ON!, the kunos guys developed their own graphics engine which supported everything from free look around to head tracking to Oculus and OpenVR, don't you think it's plain ridiculous to doubt they won't be able to implement those features in their newest product? Do you really think it's necessary to summon even @Team EDTracker to give the devs a lesson how to implemenhead tracking? Sheesh … :rolleyes:

sps_for_race and sissydriver like this.
  14. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@aotto1977

Speaking about lessons, you should do your homework before summoning anyone yourself... o_O

AC1 never supported analog channels assigning to look around while driving. You can only assign a button to look left and a button to look right, like in ACC today. So it's a choice from the Kunos dev from start.

Now they use a commercial engine, not thier own anymore, UE4 can support natively free look around and they still decided to stay with their old look left/right system. Very disapointing for a 2019 upcoming game... but will see in the future.

15. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

16. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Whoops, my bad. :( As anything using the TrackIR protocol gives you free camera movement in AC1, I assumed free look around wouldn't be an issue either. (As you can tell by this posts, I never tried to use it but went for EDTracker and, later, VR instead.)
    However, if you take opentrack, use the analog joystick as input and the TrackIR protocol as output, that'll work.

(Yeah, bad excuse, I know. I was wrong, my bad, sorry.)

I haven't seen any decision about this anywhere, just a current state. That's what I was trying to express.

Exactly.

17. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Bump, can we have the necessary bindings added soon dear devs? Really miss being able to use my EDtracker.

18. klunkT5

klunkT5 Rookie

I bought an EDtracker last week to use with AC, Due to cost i cannot consider anything VR atm, EDtracker is a good compromise for people on a tight budget, Its nice to be able to glance at the Apex when you are turning in! I really hope its implemented in ACC.

19. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Here here. I can't really entertain buying a VR setup but will get one of these in a heartbeat if it works with ACC.

20. mister dog

mister dog Alien

From the 0.6 change log:

- Camera movement settings now stored in Config/CameraSettings.jon, the old CameraOptionsEA.json is deprecated. General Movement adjusts movements in cockpit camera, Dashcam Factor adjust how much of that movement is transferred to the dash and bonnet cameras.
    IMPORTANT: old camera settings will be lost.
    - Look L/R now works correctly in helmet camera. Look L/R looks to the side mirrors.

Won't be able to boot up the game till later, can anyone check if you can bind joystick inputs to look up/down/left/right now please?

21. Brinkyeti

Brinkyeti Rookie

As ACC has now been released: any news on this topic?