1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

YouTube Channel "GTWorld" is filing copyright notices for ACC videos

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Serta Farenz, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Serta Farenz

Serta Farenz Gamer

To Kunos or to anyone who could know.
    The channel above <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-yHapH6mW1ceZ_5PDUf1_g> is sending copyright notices to whoever posts Assetto Corsa Competizione videos, claiming copyright over content of the user's videos with the user driving Assetto Corsa Competizione.

I myself got such a notice and have disputed it.

Kunos, does your policy wrt videos stated here <https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...eos-and-monetization-official-statement.4752/> still hold for ACC?

Is the channel GTworld acting on your behalf? (I don't think so, but I'd rather ask and know than assume)

If the answer's "yes"+"no", can you talk to the channel to stop this behavior?

Please let me/us know.
    Thank you
    Serta

trutya, icemanzp, deni80s and 9 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC PS5 Youtube channel MJBrtn Apr 6, 2022
    Screens & Videos Suscribe and Like My Youtube channel May 19, 2017
    Screens & Videos Canal no YouTube - Channel Youtube Mar 22, 2017
    General modding discussion Youtube channel for car sounds Nov 21, 2015
    Liveries Geekanoids youtube channel - bmw 1m skin 2k Jun 14, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Some great youtube drift channels Mar 29, 2015
    Screens & Videos AC videos from my YouTube channel May 20, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Favorite YouTube channels for Sim Commentary Mar 12, 2014
    Screens & Videos re-opening dead youtube channel Feb 15, 2014
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Looking for Broadcaster! Youtube creators/twitch streamers welcome Aug 19, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room SRHI.eu league season GT3 www.SRHI.eu here you can join our discord ,Facebook ,youtube Aug 13, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions pre launch youtube? Jun 26, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos looking for Twitch / YouTube streamer May 27, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Useful or fun ACC youtube video May 25, 2019

3. Turk

Turk Alien

I guess they can't tell the difference between ACC and real life. :D

4. Serta Farenz

Serta Farenz Gamer

Which speaks for Kunos' craftmanship :)

5. mms

mms Alien

WTF??? Good job killing free advertisement for the(ir) game...

6. Serta Farenz

Serta Farenz Gamer

Wait, wait, wait. We don't know (and I don't think) that Kunos has anything to do with it.

That's why I asked here as I don't know any other venue for my questions.

I don't even know if the channel GTWorld has anything to do officially with Blancpain, although it looks very much like it.

Turk likes this.
  7. Turk

Turk Alien

My guess is it's a mistake/ automated system/ new guy..etc..

NemethR likes this.
  8. mms

mms Alien

The channel must have something to do with Blancpain, their website have direct links to that youtube channel, I always thought it's their official youtube channel:

blancpain.PNG

And when I wrote "their" game, I referred to Blancpain and not to Kunos, after all ACC is their official game... I know (or hope at least) Kunos would never do such things.

9. Serta Farenz

Serta Farenz Gamer

Quite possible. But if this takes hold there won't be many Assetto Corsa Competizione videos out there. Which would be a pity, as the sim holds a lot of promise (I'm drooling over the Bentley already, and Misano's quite the track)

10. Serta Farenz

Serta Farenz Gamer

Ah, my mistake.

Yeah, I also assume Kunos doesn't have anything to do with that.
    That's why I'm asking here.

11. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

Doesn't it say in the intro that we should share ACC? ... :oops:

After_Midnight likes this.
  12. Serta Farenz

Serta Farenz Gamer

Yeah, I don't think Kunos has triggered the copyright complaint. But I would like to be sure they didn't.

(P.S.: congrats on your channel, man, I'm one of your subs since a long, long time!)

13. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Perhaps they hate when they want to see an actual onboard video from the race and all they can see in youtube search is onboard videos from racing games and simulators, especially when games starts to look 1:1 like real life in thumbnail :D (I hate that too) :D

Mogster likes this.
  14. D_Rod

D_Rod Gamer

My thoughts exactly. Somebody got hired to start in October.

Management: "Vet anything that's not affiliated with us."
    New guy: (Vets everything on Youtube to look good on their first week)

15. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

what section of the video copyright is claimed?

i have video on my YT and did not receive any claim.

16. Serta Farenz

Serta Farenz Gamer

And I accept my videos are not THAT watchable as I'm a crappy driver :-D Still...

(P.S.: If you're the mod-maker: THANK YOU for your mods!)

mantasisg likes this.
  17. Serta Farenz

Serta Farenz Gamer

One where I'm just driving Nürburgring (Last corner IIRC). Nothing special happening, no music involved (other than the sweet music the Huracan's motor produces...)

Good! I hope it stays that way.

18. Turk

Turk Alien

You don't use any logos in the intro or anything do you?

19. Don't share the game mate :D
    And a warm welcome my young padawan :)

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  20. Serta Farenz

Serta Farenz Gamer

Well, I use the Logo of ACC - but that's fair use, and it was not the contended part of the video.

BTW the video is a review of ACC, and showing any part of ACC is fair use (up to a point an while it's pertinent to the review...)

21. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Can u post a link to your video please and can you post the warning / message they sent you.