1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What ideas do you have to improve motor sport

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Winston, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Following on from the ACC ABS/TC thread I think technology plays too big a part in motor sport.
    What are your thoughts and how do you think it could be improved.

As I said I'd be happy if all electronics were baned other than that required for ignition. Yes I get the technology trickle down theory but I think the car manufacturers would still be competing so road cars would be unaffected, actually it's now road car tech that's making its way into race cars to make them more relevant to the audience.

Another (mad) idea is they should find a way to divorce drivers from teams in F1 so the drivers are independent and paid on results. Along with this they should have to drive every car during the season. Yeah I know it's radical and has massive implications re confidentiality but both championships would fascinating and every driver would have a much fairer crack of the whip. ;)

paul_wev likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions General ideas that could improve ACC 100% Mar 7, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Any Ideas? Sep 17, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Stream Deck as a Button Box - Ideas Aug 29, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Some ideas for the CP Servers Jul 18, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Driver Swap - Optimizations for public multiplayer? Any information or ideas? Jan 1, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Career Mode ideas Dec 19, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer CP Server Ideas?! Jul 7, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Strange performance, any ideas? May 15, 2019
    Suggestions BMW m6 gt3 + few ideas Jan 8, 2018
    Console Lounge Ideas for new features for upcoming release or for AC2 Aug 8, 2017
    Suggestions 5 ideas for AC May 1, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Porsche 917/30 - some ideas how to deal with the beast Nov 2, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Ideas for game Sep 3, 2016
    Suggestions Some DLC ideas Sep 1, 2016
    General modding discussion Any ideas on how to create a mouse-controlled POV? Apr 27, 2016

3. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

Sure, let's go back to Flintstone cars.

Technology moves forward.

There's always classic racing to keep your juices flowing.

aotto1977 and After_Midnight like this.
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Sprinklers on the tracks at random times, lol.

ShimonART likes this.
  5. D_Rod

D_Rod Gamer

Exactly where and who?

After_Midnight likes this.
  6. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Seen the movie 'Death Race'?

7. plaid

plaid Alien

Or Deadlock.

8. D_Rod

D_Rod Gamer

lol

9. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Why would you want to improve motorsports, it's thriving. There is a myriad of disiplines, with lots of different technological standards. If one discipline is too boring for you for the technology used, watch something else.

F1 was always an engineering contest, as were the Le Mans prototypes, and it should stay that way IMO. There should always be one or two disciplines that bring innovations. If you want balanced racing with equalized cars or single chassis classes, go F2, F3 or F4, or GT3 and WTCR. If GT3 is too high tech still, watch GT4 or Porsche Cup races. If 4 wheels are to many, go Moto GP. If anything unter 5 tons is child's play, watch Truck Racing (Copa Truck! <3 ), if you want jumpy cars watch Rally or Supertrucks. Comically undersized vehicles? Legends Racing or Aussie Race cars. Bending metal? Banger racing. Afraid of right hand turns? Nascar and IndyCar got you covered.

Sometimes I get the impression people forget how many choices there are in motorsports.

chksix, aotto1977, WallyM and 4 others like this.
  10. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Fuel saving , energy recovery driven by the need to reduce emissions!!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  11. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Drivers are becoming passengers and if we continue on the current trajectory they will continue to do less and less.
    IF the holy grail is to continually improve technology at the expense of driver skill surely that argument ends in getting rid of drivers altogether.

miky and hristo1026 like this.
  12. D_Rod

D_Rod Gamer

I believe you misunderstood what I asked. Show me where fuel saving and energy recovery technology was introduced from road cars to race cars.

Please don't say that fuel saving/engine recovery/hybrids was brought on by manufacturers. It wasn't, or else we'd still be hearing V10's in F1. Societal changes is something that racing adapted to (hybrid era in racing) which trickled down into nearly every car now.

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If that was actually true then no team would pay any driver the big dollars they do. Surely if there was no skill needed you could just hire a casual off the street at minimum wage to do the driving job or a hot grid girl for more exposure for the sponsors. :p

Jebus and After_Midnight like this.
  14. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Driverless car racing, anyone?

15. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

As I said the drive to reduce emissions have been introduced in order to make F1 more relevant to fans, that's just a simple fact however you dress it up.

16. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I didn't say there was no skill, I just think you shouldn't have electronics intervening in car control. I do think it reduces the need for certain skills.

17. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

And what about those shopping trolleys in WRC? I'm not disputing they are fast but really!
    Where are the Imprezas Lancer Evos type cars?
    The marketing men with their unisex cars have too much power these days.
    There is a real need to have a look at the direction of travel of some motorsport an make it exciting and engaging again.

18. D_Rod

D_Rod Gamer

Yes, society has become more conscious of emissions and pollution, the FIA believes that it’s important for the sport to play its part in embracing the future direction of automobiles in general. So no it's not a road car manufacturer that created tech to go into racecars like you said. It's the changing world.