1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[Feedback] Refresh Hotstint Events on a recurring basis

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by z3n0, Oct 3, 2018.

1. z3n0

z3n0 Rookie

For the longest time I haven't played racing games. Since finally Dirt Rally roped me in. However, even after several hundreds of hours DR, closed circuit racing never really appealed to me.

Well, this has changed with these hotstint events, especially the longer one with 30+ minutes. I feel like my driving and consistency has improved significantly by competing in the currently available hotstints.

I would really like to see these events to be refreshed on a recurring basis with changing environmental conditions and tracks, maybe in a similar way that Dirt Rally does them, for example:

- daily: single 8 minute hotstint
    - weekly: 35 minute hotstint
    - monthly: set of 35 minute hotstints with accrued rating OR single 2 hour hotstint

Rehooja, TheMarshal and henri like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Car Selection Screen - Competitor Name does not refresh on selection change Jun 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Multiplayer refresh server list freeze. Jun 17, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Continuous “Please Refresh” message on CP server [PS5] Feb 5, 2022
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Video will not refresh after update Jan 8, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Can't join Competition Server constantly says 'Please Refresh' [Screenshot included] Dec 19, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 400hz physics refresh rate. Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Mirror refresh rate and frametime uneven graph Nov 27, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting No showroom refresh (klick on carnumber) since last update May 13, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting How to change refresh rate in ACC? Apr 20, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality max FPS always half the Refresh Rate ?? Apr 20, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Setting FPS limit to HMD refresh rate give massive CPU utilisation decrease in VR Mar 23, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Mixing refresh rates Mar 21, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting CP "No Servers in your Region" + Logfiles (working -> after refresh it doesn't) Jun 15, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer REFRESHING LAN SERVER LIST IN VR WITH THE LAN BUTTON Jun 2, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Multiplayer 'Refresh' server button doesn't work in VR May 15, 2019

3. TheMarshal

TheMarshal Gamer

I do feel that a 'week's best' may be a good idea.

Though what I most stringently would recommend to the devs is to reset the leaderboard when any change is made to tire models, car performance, track layout or physics modeling.

For instance Project Cars devs have made the critical mistake not to do so after BOP's and tire model revisions
    This has led to lap times that are unrealistic and do not encourage to go into hotlap mode to try and improve the time. (For example for the Ferrari 488 GT3 which performance has reduced after the initial release).

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Not sure about refreshing events, but I think we aren't going to run out of them. I really wish for events in various conditions, that's for sure.

AC_RAF likes this.
  5. domidomi

domidomi Gamer

Please, God, don't have anything switch on a daily basis. Weekly/semi-monthly/monthly may be okay, though i honestly think semi-monthly/semi-monthly/semi-monthly makes the most sense. I love the amount of performance and setup improvements people have managed to make on the NurGP, just because it's the only game in town. Keep things slower, no reason to rush anything, if events get switched daily, there are people who just would never participate because why bother putting in the 2-4hrs needed to really do one's best, if it's irrelevant the next day?

6. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

The special events will be different for every EA release, so unless we change the approach after 1.0 it is "monthly".
    I agree on letting drivers have enough time to sink into the events (even those who can't spend soo much time during a month), I think they will become quite complex and interesting.

The current leaderboards will close (but play a role later ;) ), so we only have 3 leaderboards to focus on at any time.
    One week to go, so make sure you have given your best when R2 is coming!

7. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the info.
    However, why couldn't we keep the past Special Events, and have a big collection (like for AC1).
    It would be interesting to spend time on a "combo" then, when bored, turning back on a previous Special Event.

I presume the reason is that it's difficult to manage so many leaderboards...

8. Minolin

The reason is more gameplay oriented; having 3 leaderboards for a given time means the competition is high and should be more entertaining than the scenario where drivers slowly distribute their efforts over many, many leaderboards.
    But for sure it's a wise thing to see how the server infrastructure develops, before throwing around with high quantities :D

Also there will be a bit "more" to be made out of the finished leaderboard seasons.

Not on the table at the moment. I can see that the scenarios we forge for the leaderboard events may remain quite cool and unique in the end, so we may want to see them playable (without active leaderboard) in the end.
    But while we are developing, we will see many changes that most probably will break the special characters of the events, so again this is something to decide before the final release.

D_Rod, AC_RAF, Nesja and 1 other person like this.
  9. TheMarshal

TheMarshal Gamer

Wait. Did I miss something? What will the current leaderboards be used for later on? Free DD wheels for the top 10?:D

10. Minolin

[​IMG]

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

I am secretly looking forward for the hotlap event to be ended, otherwise I probably would be hotlaping for thousand more laps just to reach the prestigeous 1'53. It is just not meant to be... :D

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

What’s the chance of the first event to run for some time after build 2 for those of us waiting on VR before we can get in to it?

Leeuwtje and mms like this.
  13. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

I really like this idea OP posted. Having certain events that change daily/weekly/monthly to keep the challenge fresh. Specially having the weather conditions change so we would be kinda forced into trying to cope with other conditions on the track too :)