1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What's your normal pace?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by SwaggyShaggy, Sep 14, 2018.

1. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

About the aggressive setup : are you improving your laptimes with it?

I have started with the basic setup and changed some values here and there, to suit my style beter...
    Not a lot of things but still...

Now if I try the aggressive setup, I am much slower...
    Perhaps I have to adapt me and keep practicing with it.

1:54:800, my personal best, with my own custom setup.
    Is it possible to reach the low/mid 1:53 with the aggressive setup?

2. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

The aggressive setup should hold more potential for your laptimes, but is harder to control.
    This might result in your slower laptimes.

At the end it's all about finding a setup, that suits your driving style most. (e.g. a slow style in my case :-D )

3. TheMarshal

TheMarshal Gamer

Normal pace about 1.53.8 - 1.54.1. with fuel up to 15 liters.
    I also found that the setup was a major key in developing a good and consistent pace. I still find it difficult to get the balance of the car right ind I'm still trying to get a better understanding of the interplay of the aerodynamics and suspension. I cant wait for the telemetry tools.

AC_RAF likes this.
  4. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

After having played with 1 liter for a while, I begin to wonder if it would not be better to drive with 10 / 15 liters...
    To feel the "weight" of the car and get more stability.

5. TheMarshal

TheMarshal Gamer

I tend to agree. I have set my hotlap with 1 liter which is a 1.53.7 and I have the feeling that up to 10 liters does not really make that much of a difference on average pace. The variation due to human error is larger. Above 10 liters I notice that the lap times slowly increase, modestly.

In addition the car feels a bit more stable (especially in bumpy sections like the chicane) with some extra fuel indeed.

6. fabT

fabT Alien

I agree that with about 10 liters car feels more stable than with 1.

7. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

Currently I run between 1:56 lows and highs having average lap deviation of 0.5-0.8 seconds. Using default safe setup with 60L fuel. I'm trying to get more consistent to narrow down the deviation. It depends so much on getting the braking points just right. Specially in the Dunlop-Kehre turn you need to be very precise or you can easily lose 0.5s there.

Sometimes I got -0.4 delta after the Mercedes Arena but I always manage to lose it on the rest of the track :'D My PB with the unchanged default safe is 1:55.566

D.Jankovic likes this.
  8. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Wasn't launching ACC for a week, as a result normal pace slowed down by approximately 0.6s and my CC and CN ratings were dropping quite a lot, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY !? Last day for Nurburgring events.

9. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

You are likely trying to push too aggressively to get to those times you used to run. Just take your time and start VERY smooth. Also be very precise on your braking points. Also a good trick is to record your driving and compare it to your old recordings and see what you do differently. See where you did better or worse.

mantasisg likes this.
  10. Arlo

Arlo Racer

My PB is a 1.57:3** but my normal pace with standard setup and 60L is 2.00:low 1.59:high. I know where I lose time, but can't seem to grab it ;) if I make a good first sector time I fup the next.

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

It is becoming very hard to concentrate, began to do unusually many mistakes, can not concentrate for more than two laps. Could it be that I just got enough of this combo ? It is sad, because I know that I could push the pace up to half a second quicker, but it happens opposite way :D

12. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

I often too find myself thinking other things while practicing :D Should be concentrating more on the driving. Have to focus more on keeping my eyesight on the right spots on the track. Keep the thought process flowing: Breaking point - turn in - apex - trackout - set up for next turn - repeat.

13. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

Now with VR it took me just couple of laps around Nurb to get pack to my old pace. Also adjusting the graphics settings so that there is no input lag was crucial factor. With VR it also feels more fluid now and I can see the car movements mroe clearly as it increased my peripheral vision compared to a single screen

14. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

On my second lap in VR I came within about 0:00.200 seconds out of my PB.
    My PB is going to get broken tonight...… (fingers crossed).