1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE Setup logic reset

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Aristotelis, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hello guys.

As you know the setup screen is a heavy WIP project that we will keep improving and adding features through the whole Early Access development. We will try to keep backwards compatibility as much as possible but inevitably sometimes we will break it.

Unfortunately for release 2 your previously saved setups will not work anymore.
    You might be able to open the .json files and edit to make them work, but I advice against it as they might create issues with the automatic system.

Here are some workarounds to make the situation less dramatic.
    - Make screenshots of the setup pages. You will then be able to recreate most of it
    - Brake bias will be quite different and lower. So don't try to recreate your old values with it. Go with a preset and then work it out from there. We also offer a much more refined control for it.
    - Setups are now saved in the documents folder in subfolders for car and circuit. If you want a setup from a track to appear to a different track, you should copy it manually. Later on we will add filters for circuits.

Thanks for understanding and for your patience, we do believe it's for the better and will pay dividends later on.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New To ACC and the setup on PS5 Nov 7, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC / OSR Setup Tool Web App (Open-Source-Racing.com) Aug 30, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC Setup Synchronizer May 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions All settings and setups vanished May 23, 2023
    ACC Tools Web-Based ACC Setup Tool for Sharing and Creating Setups May 11, 2023
    Screens & Videos ACC | Monza | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 296 GT3 - 1:47.322 May 10, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Can you adjust monitors specifically for triple monitor setup? May 1, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Motion not as smooth on side monitors as middle monitor - Triple Monitor Setup (with high FPS!) Mar 22, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game briefly freezes and shows the setup screen during driving Feb 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Generic car setups Feb 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions when are we getting the next Update ? Setups still broken Jan 13, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - SETUP BUNDLE | ALL Tracks | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO Jan 11, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Avis/conseils pour upgrader mon setup VR Dec 27, 2022
    XBox One Discussions Restore AC restore car default setup Dec 16, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Which setup does the AI use in ACC? Is it the default setup or a different one? Nov 24, 2022

3. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

So that means (for now) no way to use a track X setup in track Y without copying files in Windows?

I understand is a temporal situation, but as a noob that can barely make a funcional setup for all tracks this is a weird limitation.

Anyways thanks for sharing and keep the nice work! I'm already loving this game.

4. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

But if you are noob and can barely make functional setups then just stick with the default setups :3

5. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Well, that was a funny way to say that I'm into setups enough to make a better setup than the defaults, but not so hardcore into it so make a custom one per track.

I guess there are more people in my same situation.

dermonty likes this.
  6. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

^^ yeah makes sense :)
    But I think we will survive some builds just by using our basic Windows user skills of copying files from 1 folder to another :D

sissydriver, GRFOCO and D.Jankovic like this.
  7. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Obligatory:
    [​IMG]

8. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

Frankly I find it disgraceful that they would dare to change a feature for the better!

Just kidding guys, thanks for the heads up... keep up the good work.

Are we nearly there yet??

9. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

So the brake bias will have the conventional values from the next release on?

10. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Wednesday ;)

11. Borbor

Borbor Racer

What's wrong with bias via torque.

Torque vs line pressure, it's just a number. You work with differences anyway, not absolutes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

12. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

You are correct, in the end it does not make much difference. But I much prefer absolute values over arbitrary ones, this way you can calculate an initial setup.

rikirk likes this.
  13. Borbor

Borbor Racer

There's nothing arbitrary with torque.

If you say you prefer seeing bias done via line pressure, theres certainly merit to that argument. But to say using torque as "arbitrary" is laughable at best and ignorant at worst.

14. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

But is it not currently a percentage? The advantage of bias is that it is something we are all used to and can use it almost as good, but torque is obviously better.

15. Borbor

Borbor Racer

AFAIK it's a percentage. which is why I said earlier whether it's torque or "line pressure" makes no difference as soon as you start making changes. Because you'll be working with the difference of before and after from that point onwards.

16. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

Lets assume it is a concrete value, this way you would know exactly how strong the braking system is, depending on the implementation. Setup wise it is irrelevant, but more informative.

17. Borbor

Borbor Racer

You lost me.

Pressure would tell you system strength? Or torque.

18. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

I do not know what it will be changed to, so I just said something. Hydraulic pressure inside the braking system is of course not too useful nor different to bias percentage.

19. Luca Zari

Luca Zari Racer

Impossible to drive for me with the landscape/world that jumps ...:confused: