1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Special Events in Release 0.2

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Release 0.2 brings an update to the Special Events found in Assetto Corsa Competizione.
    Most importantly, the previous online leaderboard events will be frozen and sealed, and new ones will take their place, introducing brand new content and game features. We can only urge you to keep driving and trying your best in each event!

In this second release, the events will be used to showcase the first-generation Bentley Continental GT3 and Misano World Circuit, both brand new additions to the world of Assetto Corsa.

20181010160027_1_cropped.jpg

The first event is a traditional Hotlap session in ideal conditions that is purposed to introduce users to this - in every sense - great car and a track that in its laserscanned form will be new for most simracers - weather seasoned or not.

The second event will shake things up by introducing weather and track surface transition in a 20-minute Hotstint session, where tyre management will play a key role in ensuring a consistent stint on a fast-drying track.

A new game mode: Hotlap Superpole

The third Special Event will introduce a new game mode that builds on the real-world session sequence of the 24-hour race in the Blancpain GT Series. In its original format, Superpole is a two-lap qualifying shoot-out for the top 20 qualifiers. In this event, users will have two laps to prove their skills on the leaderboard starting on a dry track with some light rain in the mix. Make sure you choose the correct tyres before starting off! Which compound will be the best? We don’t know yet.

The fourth event is once again centred around the weather: this quick race at Misano starts in the wet but the rain eases just enough to show a dry line forming: the resulting combination of a wet outside line, puddles and a quickly drying racing line can make racing rather tricky with varying levels of grip whichever line you might take.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Special events is working again Dec 6, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Pace Rating - Special Events Sep 21, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Special events Jun 8, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards No special events since 1.9 update Apr 25, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Leaderboards, XP winning , special events etc Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Special events - showing as Anonymous in leaderboards Apr 14, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Special events not available Aug 4, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What's up with Special Events Jul 11, 2022
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Special events Jun 5, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Do previous special events count towards PC rating May 12, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Previous Special Events Set to Default Dec 20, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Stats/User Profile and special events not loading Nov 26, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room [Special Events]Christmas in the Motori nella Leggenda Nov 26, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions NO SPECIAL EVENTS!! Oct 13, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions SPECIAL EVENTS DOES NOT RECORD MY TIME Jun 13, 2021

3. mailanmanu

mailanmanu Rookie

Very interesting! Thanks for these interesting new challenges

4. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

Very nice!!!

Just a question : is it planned to have a perpetual leaderboard for each track / car?
    Not in special event of course, but in "practice" for example...

5. xemxem

xemxem Rookie

I can't wait for testing those things!

6. wusel

wusel Rookie

Sounds wonderfull. Changing conditions in one session. Nice nice.
    Looking forward to it :)

surtic86 likes this.
  7. pankykapus

It already exists, every combination in single player modes will have a permanent leaderboard, it is just not enabled yet. @Minolin will keep you updated about progress in this regard.

RS10, Rodrigo Cintra, AurusCE and 6 others like this.
  8. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Now the hype is real ! Wet conditions in events ! Dynamic wet conditions !

Did alternative racing lines in the wet track make it to R2 ?

9. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

Wait a moment, dynamic wet in 0.2? Holy potato :eek:

aotto1977 likes this.
  10. Akbalder

Akbalder Racer

Will the older events always be frozen? Choosing between many events was great in Assetto Corsa 1.

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

My guess is the events are frozen for Early Access for testing purposes and you'll either have access to all special events all the time in the final game or they're something like weekly events. Or perhaps both.

12. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

There is no dynamic wet line it is all simulated.

13. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Sorry.

Perhaps not exactly best expression when I wrote "dynamic", but really meant that we have drying line.. I also expected that perhaps there will be alternative wet racing line, but seems that it is not yet the time for it. Drying line is quite fun, forming quite gently, wouldn't say that visualy it is very noticeable, but by grip and tire temps it is :D

Really entertaining events in this build !

Despite of what it seems to me like more simple FFB and physics (to be exact scary over the limit zone) than i R1, I am really struggling to perform well, ratings are contstantly dropping down, and progress is very messy. Mostly I blame the track, it is a bit like Poznan, I never liked Poznan :D

D.Jankovic likes this.
  14. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

I am confused about the Special Event 3, with the Lambo...
    We start in front of some orange cones (!) And I was expecting the session to finish after the 2nd quick lap (warm-up lap + 2) but, despite the fact the timer shows "end of session", nothing happen. I did an other lap before pressing escape and quit the session...

15. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

That is SUPERPOLE
    In endurance racing (only i believe)
    top 20 from quali`s get in the Super Pole and they have 2 laps(out lap,Fast lap,Out lap,fast lap) and sesion is done..so basically you get 2 laps to make best time and that decides the first 10 rows of cars.

somebody correct me if i am worng

16. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

Yes, I know what superpole is.
    The problem is that the session doesn't stop after the 2 laps. I have to press escape and quit the session...

17. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

well 2nd lap is your cool down lap sort of? :D
    so after you go for that 3rd lap that is your 2nd fast lap i also get session done up in hud when i go on 3rd lap and than finish it and session is done then

18. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Actually it's supposed to be an out-lap, 2 consecutive fast laps and a cool-down lap.
    Perhaps you're just supposed to drive into the pits on the 4th lap. Haven't gotten to try on the game tho….not home yet :(

D.Jankovic likes this.
  19. pankykapus

There is no back to pits option yet so you have to complete the cool-down lap or wait for the overtime to end.

Shaddix, Deatroy, AC_RAF and 2 others like this.
  20. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

At leat in a quick race after the race finishes there is a message in the bottom right saying to go to the pits or press pause to end the session. I guess it would be similar here.

Edit: Ninja'd by @pankykapus :)

21. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Safe to assume the full cool down option is here to stay? Much better in VR and gives you an easy lap you can relax and look around and check out prety stuff :)