1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Does anyone else think that the AI is nigh phenomenal?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by OrganDonor, Oct 11, 2018.

1. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

I've driven Nurburgring in ACC for close to 10 hours mostly in races. Now that Misano has been released I'm already sinking a tonne of time into this track, which happens to be one of my favourite ones.

One thing I can say is every time I race in ACC I can't stop grinning about how good the AI is. They don't leave you much room while fighthing for a position (unlike in R3R where they veer away from you as soon as you get next to them) and they don't back off as soon as you overtake them (I'm looking at you, PC2). Instead, every overtake feels like an achievement and not only do I have to look forward but I also need to start defending if I'm not pulling away.

Also, the level of agressiveness (I play at 90%) feels absolutely perfect. I don't feel like I'm being rammed up my ar*e or pushed off the track. To be honest, I can't even remember that happening in the 17 hours I've put into this game so far.

Do you have the same experience as me?

P.S.
    One thing that needs fixing is the way the field spreads. Every single race the top half of the grid just disappears into the distance and the other one I manage to overtake. I've noticed other people on Youtube point the same thing out so hopefully one of the future patches will get rid of this problem. Other than that, I'm loving the battles I'm finally having in a simracing game.

Cote Dazur, Andrex and Rehooja like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Does anyone have a painfully slow forum experiance? Say hello to Discourage mode. Aug 17, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Does anyone know how to make a fixed setup room on Content Manager fixed setup? Jun 30, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Does anyone enjoy livery? May 7, 2020
    Screens & Videos Does anyone know who created this track? Apr 1, 2020
    Console Lounge Does anyone on staff care about this game? Jun 22, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality What are the best Settings for WMR headsets does anyone have one ? Apr 11, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Does anyone know why this might be happening? Mar 22, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Does anyone else experience "veering" to the left with an Xbox Controller? Sep 15, 2018
    Console Lounge Does anyone know if UDP telemetry compatibility is coming? Apr 21, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Does anyone know what road or private circiut this is ? Jan 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Does complete lack of performance customization bother anyone? Aug 31, 2016
    General modding discussion Suit template for the pit crew? Does anyone have it? Jun 16, 2016
    General modding discussion Need help, does anyone know how to create car templates? Mar 7, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Does anyone have g29 with g27 shifter? Dec 2, 2015
    Tracks modding Does anyone know what track this is? Nov 23, 2015

3. Mkurv989

Mkurv989 Rookie

Agree. I was surprised to see how well the AI would battle and hold their line in the wet race-event. They were pretty quick, though I noticed they were slower in T2 and the last corner. Especially T2 I could usually overtake one or two in front of me. And I think the offline safety rating has definitely improved the lifes of the AI racers. Feels like I'm much more careful then I normally would be against AI ( don't really even race against the AI that much in AC ).

Rehooja likes this.
  4. Gunja

Gunja Alien

I never raced against better ai.

demonized likes this.
  5. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

Same here in love with the AI so far as long as you keep there silly quirks in mind

While i had some great battles ( AI does not back down once they start fighting)
    They can still end your race for no reason wich is a sad ending for an adrenaline filled race

Eitherway i'm loving them so far and its only EA

6. mms

mms Alien

That is why you don't piss off the AI :D:D:D

Jokes aside, it happens to me too and it can be frustrating...but I'm optimistic.

7. dgeesio

dgeesio Rookie

i actually think they should be far better , faster. litterally can overtake the lot easy in first quarter of first lap.

8. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

So if you put the AI difficulty on 100 can you catch the 1st car? Even if you start from 10th place? Please note that even if you put difficulty to 100 there are still a range of AI difficulty in the line up. The last cars are easier to pass but the further you get up the harder they get.

Yeah. First lap they kinda take it too carefully. I can pass 5 of them usually in first 2 turns.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  9. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

TBH if you watch to alien's laptimes, the 100% AI' s times are very slow, almost 2 or 3 second off the pace.
    But ok, aliens apart, the 100% laptimes are reasonably on par to what a medium-fast user can catch (at least for now, Nurb GP and Misano).

All this talking about sunny races, i don't know how fast the AI can run in the wet.

So in the end i don't see a problem in the AI pace. Sadly, the problem for now is that it can be great and challenging for 20laps, but they destroy your race at lap 21 in a "stupid" situation, like the video above.

Rehooja likes this.
  10. rpm

rpm Racer

The AI is phenomenal. They even dodge when you send it. They defend, understand racing lines. And if you make just small mistake you know they are on it. Amazing. I would even go as far as to say racing against this AI bumper car style would be the best practice. Incredible stuff.

11. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

They are good alright! Just watchout for the occasional bump they might give you just like in the video hehe

mms likes this.
  12. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

I used Nurburgring T1 and T3 brake to overtake... I was surprised that in 0.2.0 after battling for P1 the AI closed the door for me going into the inside in a very realistic way :eek:

Rehooja and Gunja like this.
  13. Roobi

Roobi Rookie

The battles for position is good, but when you have passed they give up fighting in my opinion

14. Stepy

Stepy Racer

Is anyone get a random A.I driving in a circle at turn 2 or maybe 3 at Misano in Quali ? its only happened once so far...

15. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

The AI is good indeed, my only problem is that their car is like a brick, no matter if you touch them, or they touch you, nothing happens to them, but you are gonna spin for sure lol.

Rehooja likes this.
  16. Maybe they lost their contact lens :p. But since now I didn't have big problems with AI.

Yes sometimes they bump you badly but generally they are ok.

But even at high % in some turns are really slow. Not like braking early and go through the turn slowly but they brake check near the apex. Happens to me every race no matter the position. It's a bit odd

Fremen_78 and fsuarez79 like this.
  17. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

Ai is great so far , many times i've had battles with the Ai 3 wide, sometimes from now where they give me a good overtake on the inside and out. Ai is not so good in the wet though brake too early.

Would be great to be able to load leaderboard ghost cars.

OrganDonor likes this.
  18. nangu

nangu Gamer

Had three very good races yesterday at Nurb against AI while testing the new build in VR. Really surprised by how good it is at this early access stage.

19. plaid

plaid Alien

Hm... Not necessarly Bad, but with Tank power ups and Losing Motivation when you pass them Sounds like ac(1)s ai.

So Not good.

20. mms

mms Alien

I saw this mentioned already several times and I don't really get what you guys mean? If you manage to pass an AI, you're obviously faster than them, after the battle is over and you're in front, you're still faster, how do you expect them to pass you?

Except if you make some mistakes, but in this case they pass me, what I actually see is that they take some corners faster if they are behind you than if they're in front of you (meaning they're in attack mode)...

21. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

I wouldn't rate them as phenomenal. They are better than AC1, have good spatial awareness and fight cleanly (for the most part) but they also slow down or brake too early in some turns for no reason.
    I'm liking it so far but I think there's still room for improvement.

Pulley, Fremen_78 and mms like this.