1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

No Red Bull Ring?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Poguinhas, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

From Blancpain GT Series Instagram:
    [​IMG]
    SRO Motorsports Group announces changes to 2019 calendars @circuitdebcncat (28-29 September) will remain part of the Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup in 2019. @nuerburgring remains on the Sprint calendar for 2019 the planned Sprint Cup event at Red Bull Ring – originally scheduled for 24-26 May – has been replaced with a trip to Dutch @circuitzandvoort on 12-14 July. The venue on the North Sea coast therefore returns to the calendar for the first time since 2015.

#blancpaingt #gtracing #2019calendar#newseason

That's really bad. RBR is wayyy better than Zandvoort :(

baboon likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Red Bull Ring low performance Feb 2, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Red Bull Ring Ideal Line Bug Jan 30, 2024
    ACC User Interface Red Bull Ring - real world lap record from Formula 1 Jan 25, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Red Bull Ring PitEntry state not set correctly Jan 25, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Cant earn track medals at Red Bull Ring Jan 25, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds I am missing Red Bull Ring and more KS related content Mar 6, 2022
    Screens & Videos F1 Setup & Hotlap: Red Bull Ring - 1:04.237 - RSS Formula Hybrid Jul 1, 2021
    Screens & Videos The fastest car mod on Assetto Corsa: RedBull X2010 Jan 24, 2021
    Chit Chat Room BMW M3 GT2 @redbull ring advice wanted Oct 3, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Red Bull Ring Replaces Zolder for 2019 Sep 17, 2018
    Screens & Videos Hotlap :: Audi R18 e-tron quattro @ Red Bull Ring GP Apr 22, 2018
    Screens & Videos Red Bull X2010 |||TRIBUTE||| Nov 3, 2017
    Screens & Videos CORE Racing GT3 2017 Broadcast:: R4 @ Red Bull Ring Jun 26, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues AI Tatuus FA01 Turn1 Red Bull Ring too much crashing Jun 11, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Red Bull owner Mateschitz to start his own news portal May 15, 2017

3. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Crap I already took some days off work for the RBR weekend :(
    But hey, Zandvoort :cool: I can't drive RBR anyways :D

milka050644 likes this.
  4. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Whats so awesome about Red Bull Ring, except for it being in Austria, Poguinhas ?
    #really wondering over here

nate and TheBoss like this.
  5. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

There's nothing too special about the Red Bull Ring for me, it's just that I really don't like Zandvoort. Hopefully that can change once I try the laserscanned version a year, but for now I'm a bit disappointed.

6. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Different project departments may have different progress status in the Kunos organization. The guys working on cars may have less stuff finished or in an advanced state, than for example the track guys. If work on the Red Bull Ring already was in an advanced state, I cannot imagine that they just throw away that work. I would not rule out that it may be part of a later DLC of the kind Marco said some weeks ago they are assessing as a way to go on with beyond Blancpain license 2019 content. I would not rule out completely that there will be no RBR even if Blancpain does not include it.

Zandvoort is welcomed by me, its a track with great flow. And finally in a laserscanned version for me!

Long live the Nordschleife! :D

Arlo likes this.
  7. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

Nothing special about the Red Bull Ring for me too, although I would gladly scrap others like Monza and replace it with this one.

I'm don't know much about the GT3 blancpain series other than the typical talking that these are gentle cars (TC and ABS on..). What I don't understand from the little I know about this series is why so few tracks in a single calendar schedule.

I mean in F1 you have like 17 tracks for the whole season; some that I like and some other tha I don't, but it is still a huge number of them which is cool. In this gt3 series there seems to be only ten, let alone some of these the tracks are not precisely among my favourite ones (boring zolder and Monza being the main culprits, and now that completely changed Paul Ricard without grass or terrain on the sides, making it so confusing and bizarre).

If GT3 is such a growing series like everybody says, then is there any reason as to why so few circuits it features?, I may not know much about GT3 but I have watched some youtube videos of these cars racing on the likes of Macau, Nordschleife, etc..., where are those?

Raklödder likes this.
  8. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

One word: licensing.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

9. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

I really like Zandvoort too. Great track, great flow!

Carla and Arlo like this.
  10. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Those are other series. While there is only one Formula 1 there are several GT3 series. ADAC GT Masters for example races on tracks around Europe, including the Red Bull Ring. Then there is GT Asia, Intercontinental GT and the World Challenge which races in North America. They just aren't Blancpain GT.

11. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Meh, I take Zandvoort over RBR any day. To me RBR is the second most boring track right after Monza.

12. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

It would be smart to gather those three separate competitions into a single comprehensive season with many more tracks added to the roster then, like F1 does. This would definitely help making this series worldwide known.

Only ten tracks for such known famous series (so the people say) like this one feels actually more like a rookie league calendar schedule, rather than a series at the top of sport and most watched on TV (so the people say too).

13. Arlo

Arlo Racer

I was hoping for Zandvoort even when i knew it wasn't in the BP serie. I love the track in AC1. Together with Zolder. And now to see Zandvoort is hosting BP next year :D one happy chappy ;). Going to see it live as well as the 24hours of Spa.

14. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

I think some people are confused and think that this calendar is the Kunos schedule...

No, guys! It's the Official Blancpain real life calendar :)

richard thompson likes this.
  15. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Which will be released as a free update for ACC next summer(ish).

Arlo likes this.
  16. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

Yeah I know, but I was making reference to some of the comments :

- "Different project departments may have different progress status in the Kunos organization. The guys working on cars may have less stuff finished or in an advanced state, than for example the track guys."

- "One word: licensing"

Reading those comments, it seems this calendar is related to Kunos, which is not the case.

nate and Jebus like this.
  17. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Well I for one really like RBR.
    It looks open and has great visuals being able to see quite a lot of the track most of the time.
    It’s fast with a some good sweeping bends, some tight corners and a little elevation.
    It’s no spa but it’s a close second (to me).

Carla likes this.
  18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

@Fernandito
    You can't compare F1 calender with a GT3 calender.

F1 teams and the F1 organisation as a whole has so much more financial ressources compared to many GT3 teams. Travel, staff payments, material, etc. for each race costs quite a bit, but is rather a minor factor compared to the R&D for car development, sheer flood of ppl. working both at the race track and in the factory with live data. A F1 team spends a lot of money, but from sponsors and F1 price pool they can cover the expenses.

GT3 racing is supposed to be budget friendly while every additional race would be quite a big financial hit/risk for many teams (maybe besides factory teams) with travel cost, staff payments and also the risk of a crash in a session which will add a lot of cost to repair the car.
    So to keep the cost for a saison sustainable for a team the calender is limited to a sensible number of races and mostly keep within one continent so teams can travel with trucks and don't have to use expensive air travel.

19. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

@Fernandito

Adding to what @Schnipp said across the different series you have 30+ tracks on almos all continents, with sprint events, enduracne events and 24h races on Spa and the Nordschleife. What more would you want? :)

Fernandito and Schnipp like this.
  20. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

There are several GT series around the world. British GT series, Weathertech/IMSA, WEC, SuperGT, ADAC GT masters, Blancpain Asia, N24, and so on, and a lot of teams and drivers take part on more than one of them. If Blancpain had a bigger calendar, not only would it make things financially more difficult, but participation would likely take a hit.
    I follow Nicki Thiim on Instagram, for example, and he takes part on the WEC, Blancpain Endurance Series and British GT series, and at the start of the season I remember he had something like 5 consecutive race weekends between those Series.
    So that's why I think the Blancpain calendar isn't bigger.

Fernandito, Gevatter and Schnipp like this.
  21. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

And the Blancpain real calendar is what determines what Kunos can deliver in his officially licensed Blancpain game. Even if they already started working on RBR (which I don't think probable since the official calendar for 2019 is not final). I thought one word would be enough, but it seems it was not :)

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

Son likes this.