1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just tried AC in VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Stains

Stains Simracer

Runs fine for me!

2. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Can’t say I’ve had any issues, league race last night was fine, all latest Oculus software

3. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

Black screen?

try this
    https://www.reddit.com/comments/9odbvz

I also updated Nvidia driver to 416.81 for GTX 980 and it worked again after restarting the pc
    Use DDU v18.0.0.3 (in safe mode) to get rid all older files before installing

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  4. For me AC loads in the rift the first time. After that it only loads on the desktop. The fix is to put your headset down, close the rift program on the desktop and stop/start the service. After that it works again for one time and you have to repeat the steps. I made a batch file for the service stop/start so I can access it quickly.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  5. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Black Friday deal on the Odyssey+

6. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

same here, latest nvidia and oculus software update, no issues.:)

7. APC900

APC900 Simracer

These guys need to stop 'jacking' around and leave some builds for folks on older hardware.
    I just talked a coworker into a used Rift.
    It worked on 1.29 ...will not work on 1.32.
    No way to get that back either.
    She in now very frustrated and questioning the purshase.

8. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Can understand the frustration but if we are talking pre CV1 rift then it’s a device never meant for consumer use, it was after all a developer kit. People of course used them for general use but that kind of stuff is always at your own risk with no guarantees.

mms likes this.
  9. APC900

APC900 Simracer

Her's is a CV1 which a fellow simracer was selling, as he'd decided to go with the Samsung model.
    She purchased it...did the initial setup after which it ran great for two days, then Oculus did an automatic 'update'.
    It simply won't work anymore after that.
    I had the exact issue with mine after their last update as well.
    I spent eight days 'jacking' around with it before deciding to remove everything...including directories and registry entries.
    It was only after that complete removal and re-installation, that it started working again.
    I now have a brief skipping for a few seconds along with a pulsating hourglass on initial repositioning to the track when I select drive.
    Once I wait for that to go away, I can then drive normally.
    I never had that on initial Oculus setup or any of the subsequent updates...until 1:31.
    Back to my co-worker...
    She removed everything to try what I'd done to fix my issue...she even went as far as a complete format and a new Windows 10 install.
    Installed new Nvidia driver, C++, .Net, etc... now the system won't even let her install the Oculus software.
    It appears their new updated software does a check for SSE4.2 or above and if it doesn't find it, won't install.
    They don't even have the decency to allow a repository with earlier runtimes for owners with her type of situation.
    That's really bad.
    I probably won't be buying anything else Oculus when I switch gear....certainly not until this behavior changes.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  10. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Strange, I’ve just done a reinstall and there were a few updates before the reinstall on the old system and no issues? What’s the PC itself?

11. APC900

APC900 Simracer

HP Z800 workstation with a GTX card.
    The Oculus software is flagging her CPU as SSE4.1 and stops the installation...funny thing is, the earlier Oculus software did not do that. It installed and ran fine.
    ...And what the heck is with them making you download 5GB of data each and every time you try to install?
    Why can't they simply allow downloading the setup file for use to do subsequent re-installations?
    That's really annoying and expensive for folks on a metered connection.

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

So Xeon CPU I’m guessing? With an instruction set issue best to update the BIOS of available and check it for CPU features

13. Angel Luis

Angel Luis Rookie

How did you recalibrated?

14. Just through the app where you tell it if your standing or seated etc

15. APC900

APC900 Simracer

She updated the BIOS to the latest from HP...same issue.
    Oculus really screwed the pooch on this one.
    It worked great, so the fact that she has SSE4.1 should not be a limiting factor.
    The only thing that has changed for her is the runtime.
    Purposely or not causing people's hardware not to work and not offering a viable option is horrible...especially when you know that to be the issue.

16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

For me, after the last big imposed update from Oculus, I had to do a DDU, then install the latest NVidida driver and since everything works really well.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  17. ElPueblo

ElPueblo Hardcore Simmer

Hi mate,

I've found something that might be useful for your friend. (actually more useful to you as I assume you'll be doing the installation ;) )
    Anyways, check this thread on Frontier Developments forum. Someone has found workaround for the same issue your friend is having.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...k-(SSE-4-2)-on-equally-fast-XEON-2x-QUAD-3GHz

First three paragraphs applies to your friends case.

Follow the link in third paragraph and download the .exe file.

I really hope this will help...

Best regards

18. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

Maybe the problem could be not enough drive space on C drive?
    I know I had not 60 GB Free space on C: my Oculus folder is 8.8GB

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/69494/having-oculus-rift-setup-issues-the-ultimate-guide

19. APC900

APC900 Simracer

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

If you dont got it working on a single screen it sounds like something else got messed up. Did you fix it?