1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The Bentley Continental GT3 - 1st gen

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Oct 9, 2018.

1. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

@Aristotelis
    What was Bentleys caster in old build? I loaded my 0.2 setup and instantly felt that FFB is very different. Old setups without caster value put it in minimum.

Also noticed that the dash doesn't show how much there is fuel left. Only lights blinking when you start to run low. Maybe this hasn't changed 0.2->0.3. I did too much happy hotlapping without worries about fuel.

2. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hi, load a preset and you'll instantly find the original caster.
    Out of memory, there should be a vertical bar at the right side of the car's dash, showing from 0 (red) to 120 (green)

edit: 13.8° original caster

Epistolarius and henri like this.
  3. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

I was guessing presets might have the (old) original caster. Although changelog had mention about preset improvements. That's why I was curious.

Didn't notice those vertical bars could include such important information. You can't call them very accurate. I probably need to move my virtual seat closer to see what they read. :oops:

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

A button for a function that zooms in on the digital display while pressed could be a solution to not being able to read the display well while not having to use a HUD to work around it.

I'd kind of like to have the same for the mirrors, an option for look left/right to focus on the mirrors and not a fixed angle.

5. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

I need an explanation.
    Run the 65min Hotstint with Bentley.
    Setup was:
    Rearwing 1
    Height front 58mm
    Height rear 59mm
    Aerobalance -0.7 or so, little touch of understeer.
    Hard suspension, arb front 7 rear 3

Question: Why does the Bentley get slower and slower on the straight when you run more and more Laps?
    You start with 120l, fresh tyres and run 1:56 to even high 1:55 at the beginning.
    Topspeed 276-277 km/h at the first laps.
    In Lap 30-33 you will reach only 270-272km/h with used tyres and empty tank^^
    Laptimes fall down to low 1:56 - mid 1:56 depending on the driving.
    But alone through the long straight PR I lose 0.2-0.3s due lower Topspeed.

So yea, can someone explain to me why this happens so I can understand and maybe fix it with the setup?

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Slower exit from the corner before the straight due to worn tyres is the best guess.

Freddie Seng and Son like this.
  7. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

...and possibly fuel burn off affecting areo balance leading to an increase in drag

8. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

Hi @Aristotelis . I must say I love the game so far and your work in Kunos is being awesome. Keep it up.

I dunno if I´m being too picky, and it might be so, as it´s a small detail, but something on the endurance version of the Gen.1 Continental GT3 in the game felt wrong to me. After 15 minutes looking at the car in the showroom, I found it: the rear-view mirrors. In night races such as Paul Ricard or Spa, the cars from Team Parker Racing had some orange LED stripes on the rear-view mirrors that add some colour to the car and made them easier to distinguish, and they are not in the game. I think It would be a good detail to be add into the game. Was this a design decision or just not important? Thank you very much.

P.S: Here´s a photo of the real car where this little detail can be seen.

[​IMG]

And this is just a very picky detail, but the orange LED on the grill is on the sides of it and not just on the bottom part. Crazy me with too much free time xD

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  9. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

@carlossanchez97 I mentioned this in another post too haha, it is a small detail but it would help see the game become that little bit more immersive and accurate. Hopefully they'll add it

D.Jankovic likes this.
  10. carlossanchez97

Oops. I didn´t know it. Sorry

I guess that when 2 LED lights freaks get together, we understand each other xD. It would most definitely be an awesome detail from Kunos.

Cheers mate!!

Son likes this.
  11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I'm a big fan of the LED stripes some teams have on their GT3 cars in endurance races, so yeah, full support from me. Since there are already LED stripes on the cars I don't think it's too hard for Kunos to implement more of that. Guess it's just a question of time.

12. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]
    Can't wait to see the somewhat different LED's that the Mercedes seem to use.

R. Iván and carlossanchez97 like this.
  13. Racheengel84

Racheengel84 Gamer

had the same thing today in practice mode, i tried to set up my tires for the BMW M6 on PR. after some test runs i noticed that the top speed dropped from 280 to 272 km/h, saved the setup and pushed the restart button, loaded the same setup and my 280 km/h are back

Deatroy likes this.
  14. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Aris need logs for that Problem.
    There is an topic created in Physics subforum and its about "Constant loss of speed bmw m6"
    If you can provide logs, do that.
    Bentley is having this "bug" also.

15. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Make a thread on ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars...Hopefully we get their atention trough that :D here it will get lost on all other posts

carlossanchez97 likes this.
  16. carlossanchez97

Unfortenately, a post already exists and it seems that none of the Kunos´Developers have seen it.

17. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I only just started to explore this car. After numerous lap in the default setup and finding out that TC 4 --> TC 2 = fun machine --> death trap, I ended up with the agressive preset.

I didn't really know how to treat the car and tried to drive it like the Lambo I guess. Then I found out what tricks this car can pull on the brakes and how safe you can trail-brake it deep into the turn. Ideally, you pick it up right after that and give it some power oversteer towards the exit. Once it had clicked, I felt like I was surfing through the turns. Super Flowy and also very fast that way.

Great work on that car. My favourite in ACC right now.

18. flihp

flihp Racer

I also did the 65min hotstint and noticed the same, from 277km/h down to 270 with about 20 minutes to go, and was curious of the same, first idea that came to mind was cooler ambient temp affecting the intake and turbo. The other point I have noticed is that the brightness drops at certain increments and when it does I notice a quick shift in the clouds positioning and daylight decrease. Currently 9th mostly doing 1:57’s. I’ll probably be ranked 200th next week, lol

Deatroy likes this.
  19. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Known bug I think

20. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Yea it got already fixed by Aris.
    ACC Update is also available now for me.