1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I love ACC - thank you Devs!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by fredsiva, Jan 5, 2019.

1. fredsiva

fredsiva Gamer

I am an engineer, amateur racer (1973 Formula Vee, EVO3 Fun Cup), often driving Spa, Zolder, Croix, Mettet, Clastres, Nordschleife... I am into PC racing since Grand Prix Legends (Hum, I even had Grand Prix on my C64...)

ACC is just fabulous in VR (Occulus Rift) with a decent wheel like G25 and realistic playseat. All my friends who tried it could not believe how realistic it was.

Congrats to the devs, you are a small team, delivering to a high number of demanding customers, in a quite niche market and the results are just stunning in terms of gameplay, realism and immersion. Your roadmap is brilliant: starting with one car and one circuit was just what I needed.

My favorite feature: doing endurance stints with my kids, swapping the seat in the pits, and telling them to be careful with the car so it lasts until the end - we all sweat like in real life!

Continue your good work guys, the community is behind you! THANK YOU.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Two features i would love to see on ACC Oct 12, 2020
    Console Lounge Kunos, will you share the love with console owners in ACC? Jun 2, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars PLEASE HELP, I love ACC, please fix the bumper cam May 4, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars J. Gounon w/ Bentley gloves on 21/22' AMGs Mar 2, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Server rollover breaks telemetry data Feb 16, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room DC-SimRacing SimRacingGloves.com Endurance League Feb 6, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions I want to Love this Game... Wheel Won't Work Feb 4, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Unloved 11900k worth it ! Apr 10, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Is it possible for the US region CP servers to get some love? Nov 24, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Love/hate (pit stops) Sep 26, 2020
    ACC Physics Jaguar competitive for league racing? Seems unloved... Sep 24, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars can we have carbon fiber template back, it's lovely Feb 4, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Custom driver gloves Dec 23, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Thank you Kunos! Let us show you some love and allow us pre order IGT DLC Nov 9, 2019
    Screens & Videos I love Monza Sep 11, 2019

3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

^^^^
    nice post and nice idea with Endurance races gonna be doing the same :)

fredsiva and After_Midnight like this.
  4. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Good post fellow ex "Vee" driver, I drove V's at Mosport and a small track called Waterford Hills in Michigan for a number of years.

Don't know about others here, but I agree with you that spending some time at the Nurb for example, in ACC can be a workout.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Son and fredsiva like this.
  5. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

Yeah in VR I get really hot and quite sweaty, which shows how unfit I am but also how much work I put into this game when racing, and how much I really enjoy it!

LATE4APEX and fredsiva like this.
  6. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Yes, big thanks for Kunos for keeping on fighting for the sim racers.:)

fredsiva and sissydriver like this.
  7. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

I accept it's an EA, just as AC was and will improve.
    Yes there are problems but that's what's accepted.

fredsiva likes this.
  8. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I owned the game for a couple of weeks now and the more I drive it the more I like it, I am also rather surprised that I can use decent graphics settings on my 2011 CPU + GTX 1060. Keep up the good work guys! Coraggio!

fredsiva and sissydriver like this.
  9. Ducati

Ducati Rookie

It is quite fantastic, they have absolutely nailed the physics/FFB, it feels so natural on my Fanatec CSL.

Graphics are getting better, I can now race up to 10 AI on mid settings 55-60fps and this is on a 4gb 1050ti being pushed by a g4560.

I go back to the physics/ffb Stefano and Aristotelis have done an incredible job I have a hard time going back to other sims now.

fredsiva likes this.
  10. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Thank you @fredsiva , how refreshing, appreciating and enjoying all that is great about ACC.
    For me too ACC is growing on me and makes me appreciate all it’s quality the more I drive it.
    As all the feature will be ironed out, this is going to be quite the SIM experience for many.:)

fredsiva likes this.
  11. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

put a small fan in front of your face or to the side and you'll think that your getting the breeze from the opened small windows on side if car has it or the a/c that is fed. I'm not kidding :D Immersion at its best!

Freddie Seng and fredsiva like this.
  12. ... wait till you try out a Direct Drive wheel ;)

So
    Much
    Fun

fredsiva likes this.
  13. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

... until it ‘snaps’ for no reason almost breaking your wrist/finger.

I love my DD wheel. It sometimes it scares me too.

fredsiva likes this.
  14. fredsiva

fredsiva Gamer

Just ordered my Simcube OSW, should come next week. Now wondering which Rim to attach, could be a Fanatec McLaren GT3...

15. Excellent fast descent into madness @fredsiva :) You'll enjoy it.. if you've got the small mige version, set to about 36-40% gain in ACC.

Once you've had a tonne of fun with the OSW then if you're brave click the SFX link in my signature.... Had my mates over last night for their first go, nearly couldn't get them out of the rig.

16. fredsiva

fredsiva Gamer

Thanks! The SFX looks serious and well documented. I guess the total budget will be around 2000 EUR right? But... is this working with the Occulus VR, knowing the VR sensors will get crazy when the cockpit will start moving?

17. You're welcome @fredsiva yes depending on parts, shipping and your countries customs charges (if they apply) budget around that figure - also have a think about whether you buy your own 3d printer (way more fun) or get parts 3d printed commercially (less fun). There's apparently details of a Chinese supplier on the RaceDepartment thread that will get some of the parts cheaper ("Emily").

I can't say how Oculus VR works with it. You could ask on the RaceDepartment thread.

I'll throw in a Zolder video tomorrow, it's going to be soooooo much fun hitting those chicanes :)

18. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

If you are shopping for a rim- Consider getting(or equiping) one with magnetic shifters. I have Ascher Racing upgrades on my Formula Carbon rim and love them. Fanatec has mag shifter upgrades incoming for several of their new rims.