1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Windows mixed reality

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by charles childers, Jan 17, 2019.

1. We are now at release 5 and still no fix for windows mixed reality. The screen is below and to the side when using a windows mixed reality headset. This has been so since VR was added. It makes ACC unusable for WMR owners. Can this be fixed? Raceroom has the same issue but the re-center function in Raceroom actually re-centers the WMR headset perfectly. Since re-centering is common for all VR games it can't be that hard. MAybe your programmers are not as smart as the Raceroom programmers so you could just invite one of the Raceroom programmers to lunch. While at lunch you could pick his brain about how to re-center the WMR headsets. I have both a Rift and Odyssey. The Rift works fine. The Odyssey has never worked on the menu. I can get to the track using the Odyssey and once the track action starts the headset is OK but cannot use the menu as it can be seen way below and to the side but cannot be read. Fixing the menu to the headset does not help because VR headsets do not have clear vision at the edges of the lens so the menu cannot be read that way either. Come on , please .

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Fresh Windows 11 install and ACC does not start! Jun 28, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC crashes after installing latest Windows Updates (14/09/2022) Sep 14, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting A request to add windows 8.1 support for ACC Jul 10, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Career hangs due to "Attempted to access index " [Resolved: Windows N version needed Media Pack] Jan 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC crashes after first free practice in career mode [Windows Security blocking docs write] Dec 9, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot save setup [Windows Security blocking access to AC2-Win64-shipping.exe] Dec 4, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Unable to lauch ACC [running out of memory - pagefile disabled in Windows] Jul 25, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting C R A S H again [on game startup due to corrupted windows user profile / access settings] Jul 19, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC not saving telemetry when Windows username has special characters Jan 26, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Windows Mixed Reality start with ACC not VR Mar 11, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC starts Steam VR and Windows MR even when playing on screen Oct 12, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Will Enabling HDR via Windows 10 Impact Performance in ACC? Aug 18, 2018
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Saturday at 3:02 PM
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Communicating with accServer.exe (previously acRemoteServerUDP) Mar 14, 2024

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Good luck with that, maybe our not smart enough if that's how you think you get help. :rolleyes:

Id suggest use RRE or your other headset, Im sure things will be sorted at some point but its probably not a top priority. Also your post is more likely to put this fix further down the priority list.

4. VeryStef

VeryStef Gamer

Triple screen is not supported and VR sucks, how is this not a priority ? what is the point of releasing tracks and cars if half the users can’t race ?

5. bomber

bomber Rookie

But with odyssey now I can not even get into acc. Part and then after a black screen returns to Windows. What can I do to get to the track at least?

6. Half? Kkkk
    10% maybe.

7. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

Since I bought an Odyssey+ for this game, it needs to work, I havent had a chance to use it yet but I'm shocked by it being unusable ingame.

8. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

It's not limited to WMR, I had it with the Vive.

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

That would make it a priority for you maybe not for the devs, I have other things I would like to have working such as SLI and also VR SLI (so I would then get a vr headset) but I don't expect the devs to prioritize the EA build just for me like many others here seem to. Its fine to point out issues but having a little kiddy tantrum like the OP and a few others seem to have when the current build isn't build especially for them.

mms and Ricky Reject like this.
  10. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

My vive works ok .... is the wmr problem a diff problem or people need to learn how to map a key ?

11. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

The view from the driver's seat is correct but the UI is at a weird angle and below the car's floor. Which key should people map to fix that?

12. Lino Carreira

i see people complaining on WMR about beeing floating above the car Brun... think thats what people refer as "still broken in wmr" , ence the question if its not a key mapping issue...

13. Lino Carreira

And i dont see a menu below the car floor, need to take a peek in VR this build then to see if something got broken..

14. bomber

bomber Rookie

I change a file like a video on youtube to set spectator mode and other. Is this the problem that I can't run acc in vr mode?

15. VeryStef

VeryStef Gamer

“When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.”

16. you're a bad joke

17. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

@bomber and @VeryStef you guys need to check FAQ and forums rules how to verify your forum profile with Steam account so you dont get baned

18. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

Throwing insults at the devs won't get you anywhere. All you have managed to do is infuriate all the guys still using the old last gen headsets into responding to a topic they have no reason to get involved in. A few of the replies don't even list a VR headset in their bio. The only reason this thread went bad so soon is because of your attitude. We're all frustrated that our WMR headsets are stopping us getting involved and enjoying the game. The default centre buttons work while in car but your not alone getting it to work in the menus. I absolutely agree its taken too long for something as simple as a default camera position edit. The bigger problem is that the game even with the best hardware isn't capable hold a stable 90fps so even if the menu issue problem was fixed we still cant play.

Last time I checked Steam had 125 million active accounts, out of them 0.80% had VR. Out of that 0.80%, 0.07% uses a WMR headset. That's about 7000 of us. Sorry to break it to you but you and I are not important. We're little nobody's that got tricked into buying a VR game that's only playable on old low res headsets. Or maybe we need to all buy 2080Ti's to get it playable and if so the recommended specs need to change before others are led to believe they can play too?

With all that said I do still hold out hope. AC matured into a great title after a while. I'm sure when Kunos don't have a roadmap forcing them to keep releasing half finished updates we'll get our day. I watched a few twitch streams last night and even the flatties were spitting their dummies out of the pram about the MP servers. There's is frustration across the whole community.

19. I think the roadmap has become a goal itself. Push out something we can call VR to meet the roadmap. Does not matter how well it works as long as Kunos can check off the roadmap feature delivered. Seems multiplayer has met the same fate. If you are going to release a feature stick with it until it works correctly. VR has bugs keep at it until the bugs are fixed. Multiplayer has bugs keep at it until the bugs are fixed. It seems the next roadmap feature must be done before prior feature bugs can be addressed.

20. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

I'm not sure that's a fair assessment. I no software developer, but it seems to me the way the roadmap is laid out, get the features working and working together, tweaking as necessary as you go. Then do an optimisation pass to make it glisten. Which is exactly as it seems to be working.
    I want a smooth, stable VR experience just like the next person, I'm just prepared to wait till 1.0 till I judge it and everything else.

mms likes this.
  21. Imagine if the programmers of pacemakers developed software that was kinda close and worked it out later. Or aircraft, or surgical equipment or even just payroll software. You you be satisfied getting a paycheck that was close while the programmer worked it out? Most software is expected to do the job it is purchased for. If a featured is listed it should work.