1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Feedback from real-life drivers - discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Kondor999, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Kondor999

Kondor999 Gamer

So, I know we're in Early Access, but it bothered me to read this scathing Steam review by Josh Webster - An actual Gt3 driver who's driven the Lamborghini Huracán at the Sebring 12h race (Weathertech GTD class):

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991230945/recommended/805550/

Here's the review:

I'm surprised at the amount of good reviews this has at the moment. I'm in for the long term here and I'm sure it'll be a polished sim by the end.

I was really looking forward to getting behind the wheel - however I was horrified at the handling of the cars and how unrealistic the cars felt.

I drove the Huracan GT3 car (which I've raced in real life at Sebring 12h) and the car felt like it was on ice and constantly sliding with TC engaging in the weirdest way.

I find this sim even harder than driving the cars in real life. I've applied setups from real-world tests I've done in an effort to try and cure some of the handling issues but to no avail.

I feel ACC has a long way to go yet before the handling becomes 'public friendly' as even a real racing driver is having issues completing 1-2 laps without crashing due to characteristics that aren't there in real life.

Ouch.

So: Has the Huracán changed at all since that review (dated Dec 27, 2018) was posted? Normally I wouldn't care about a Steam review, but the guy is a real driver and has even driven the car in question.

Any comments/rebuttals from the devs? Is this a known problem?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room we are in the design of a force feedback pedals. Jan 20, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions V1.9 Thrustmaster force feedback is coming back strongly Jun 27, 2023
    ACC Gameplay 24h single player racing / my feedback May 30, 2023
    ACC Gameplay [1.9.x] AI Feedback May 6, 2023
    ACC User Interface Setting force feedback gain for individual cars Apr 17, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Force Feedback Dec 22, 2022
    ACC Gameplay [1.8] AI Feedback (PC) Sep 29, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions HORI Force Feedback Racing Wheel DLX for Xbox Series X|S can not use this game Apr 29, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Force feedback gets stuck on Fanatec CSL DD Apr 14, 2022
    Steering wheels discussions Force feedback change itself everytime I go to pits. Mar 17, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals ABS Feedback through DD wheel How to turn off Mar 14, 2022
    PlayStation 4 Discussions PS5 on FANATEC CSL DD PRO - Terrible feedback Mar 2, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC G923 PS5 Best settings Force Feedback??? Feb 25, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Controller Rumble - Road or Engine feedback too strong? Dec 9, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G25 - force feedback worse Nov 28, 2021

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

In today's world I'd triple check the trustworthiness of this user/review first.

On topic: There seem to be complaints about the Huracan being a proper widowmaker popping up every now and then. I personally can't reproduce that, at all. Just yesterday I drove it around Misano fast after having driven other cars before. I felt at home in the car, immediately and had zero issues through turns, over curbs or when correcting oversteer. 4 or 5 laps without a single properly scary situation in default safe setup.

Just like everyone else, this guy should provide a video showing how he drives. Especially since he's a pro (possibly), he should know how important that is. Maybe he's suffering from the "track of ice" bug that's been reported quite frequently.

4. iv4n

iv4n Rookie

I don't think anyone would fake being a lower profile racing driver, and the guy has some pretty big credentials looking on his website.

Kondor999 likes this.
  5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

SMS has payed RL drivers for providing positive feedback and also bought PRC. PRC then stopped writing negative stuff about pCars and even deleted old articles. Instead they praised pC2 and bashed anything else out there.

Go connect the dots.

I'm not accusing him for any such involvements but still I consider the possibility.

One thing is for sure: something is very wrong here because he says he can't drive 1-2 laps without crashing. Either he's exaggerating lile mad or he can't drive or he doesn't speak the truth.

His lap times and some replays are now needed for further analysis. So far it's not worth much.

6. trutya

trutya Simracer

to be honst the Huracan's behaviour has been changed after every release as far i can remember :D
    now it again feels much more grippy, i took it to Misano, it was way more stable in the fast right corners in S3 than before.

7. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I guess we could ask him to try it again now.

8. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

1.1 hrs on record he probablly refunded it...
    Steam seriouslly need to add ability to review game only if you play it more than 2hrs... so people who buy and just leave damn negative review and never tuch the game again cant do it.

Edit: And only review he has is negative one for ACC he is probablly scared that ACC will kick *** of iRacing :D

9. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Has been discussed before over here as well:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...eneric-discussion.49816/page-161#post-1018204

I have enjoyed driving the Lamborghini since the first release, like many others.

10. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

What would he say about the Jag ?

11. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

Be interesting to get a 488 driver to comment on the super slippery tyre model and inability to drive for quite some time once you go off.

12. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Changelog v0. 5 :
    - Improved tyre grip when tyres are overheated, such as after a spin.

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Nice detective work mate. Case closed.

Salvatore Amato and chksix like this.
  14. trutya

trutya Simracer

anyway the Huracan feels better than ever IMO... didn't test the BMW and Bentley since the update yet. Ferrari looks easier to control aswell a bit.

15. Kondor999

Kondor999 Gamer

What does SMS and PRC have to do with Josh Webster? Are you implying this guy was paid off to leave a negative review or something?

I seriously doubt a professional driver, with an active (successful) career, would agree to do that.

There’s also the fact that he is also praising the game and saying he’s in for the long run. Why would he say that unless this was honest criticism designed to improve the game? The same logic applies to the theory of him being some imposter: Why would a troll mix praise (that the game would eventually get sorted out) with what sounds like legitimate criticism?

As far as him playing for only 1.1h, please recall this is a pro driver with a career. No offense, but he’s not someone just pretending to be a race driver! Obviously, he’s not going to sit there and waste a lot of time wrestling with a car he knows doesn’t feel right (having driven the car IRL, unlike us). I also doubt he’s got a surplus of free time in which to record laps and post them to prove anything to us. Remember - the guy isn’t just some random gamer. He’s an actual driver who’s likely accustomed to being paid for feedback of the sort you’re suggesting is required to convince you of his veracity. I think he’s way more likely to just check back in occasionally (maybe not until release) to see if the car’s been fixed.

I think I will actually reach out to the guy and see if he will try out the car again and give us his updated review. I’m really surprised that some folks here are just casually disregarding the opinion of a driver who has actually driven this car in competition! Let me ask you: Would it even take you 1.1 hours to figure out a car in GT Sport doesn’t feel right?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

The Huracan feels absolutely epic and its "slideability" through turns keeps getting better and better. It's not gonna be a drift car and it's not fast this way either but with the current tyre model and FFB you can powerslide it out of the turns with great confidence. Only in the very beginning of EA you couldn't do that without spinning every 2nd or 3rd time but that issue was clearly identified and resolved (tweaks to suspension and camber gain of tyre model).

After that the car really only felt bad when the "track of ice" bug struck.

manudouet likes this.
  17. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

It was never that bad as he described, grip has improved, but not that much you would say its totally different.

18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm not even going to pick this fight with you as you're already twisting my words and try to defend someone who has failed in delivering a decent review which should at least include that he only drove the game for a very limited amount of time.

Sorry but --> ignore list.

19. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Why would the devs have to reply to his review, just because he is a race car driver? They just need to let the finished game speak for itself. He reviewed an unfinished product after playing it a mere 1.1 hours, and probably encountered one of the known bugs while the majority of players by and large don't seem to experience the same issue with the handling. If this one experience settled his opinion of the sim that's his problem, though he wrote he's "in for the long-term", so we'll see.

20. Kondor999

Kondor999 Gamer

No offense, but you’ve never driven the car IRL. So it’s hard for me to value your opinion over a pro driver who has.

And you just said the “slideability keeps getting better and better”. Does that not imply that, at some point, the car wasn’t “slideable”? You’re essentially admitting there was a problem. The same problem Josh Webster noticed.

Rather than spending all your time desperately trying to somehow discredit the opinion of someone who’s driven the car in competition, why don’t we instead try to engage with him and get more info to help the devs? Maybe the car drives more like the real thing now, but I’d really like to hear that from someone who’s actually driven it.

Honest feedback (not paid endorsements - we’ve seen plenty of those turn out to be bogus) from real drivers is, to me, the most valuable information.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  21. Kondor999

Kondor999 Gamer

So, you’re saying the guy’s opinion is just the same as any random gamer?

A pro driver who has driven the car in competition.

You seriously believe that my opinion (or yours) should carry the same weight as his?

Again, instead of just ignoring his opinion and blindly rushing to defend everything in ACC, maybe we should step back and at least consider the possibility that something was wrong with the car.

Maybe that has been fixed?

That’s all I wanted to find out. I didn’t want to get drawn into an extended debate about whether Josh Webster’s opinion is worth having. I already know the answer to that.

bgil66 likes this.