1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia drivers 418.91 Caution

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Paul Sutton, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

Just installed the new drivers and bam screwed up my main display it stopped working had to restart and then figure out how to get my Nvidia control panel back as well as that disappeared to.
    Also reset the display back to some crappy 1024x768 res or something like that lol.
    Had to go into control panel and re enable the display to get the Nvidia control panel back and then re set the display back to 3440x1440 @ 100Hz what a screw up.
    Oh and by the way when my main display stopped working it automatically changed to my second monitor but the resolution was still set to 3440x1440 made a big mess as its only a small 19 inch running at 1366x768 @ 60Hz.
    So USE CAUTION if you update the drivers.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error Crash [nvwgf2umx.dll - nvidia drivers] Aug 25, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Nvidia Drivers 445.75 - Image Sharpening causes UE Crash Mar 23, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality New Nvidia drivers 441.87 VR disconnects Jan 7, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Nvidia drivers discussion Jul 11, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Updating Nvidia Drivers Sep 19, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Nvidia Beta Options in GFE with latest Drivers FILTERS!! Jan 19, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Latest Nvidia drivers 387.92 Issues with AC Oct 19, 2017
    Chit Chat Room struggling with nvidia drivers Dec 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room In light of the recent buggy Nvidia drivers Nov 10, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa 5FPS with Nvidia drivers? Nov 5, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Best nvidia drivers for win7? Oct 24, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues A lot lower fps and performance since 1.3.3 (solved installing nvidia 355.98 drivers) Oct 24, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Triple buffer broken in recent nvidia drivers? Oct 24, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Latest nvidia drivers cashes Apr 10, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Massive drop in fps (solved reinstalling nvidia drivers) Mar 19, 2015

3. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

You don't always have to update your driver(s) and 418.91 was specifically targeted for DLSS in Battlefield 5 and RTX for Metro Exodus.

However if you still want to have the latest, try to uninstall with DDU in safemode and perform a clean install of 418.91 and see if that works.

4. BlueMind

BlueMind Gamer

Bad news...
    I had this problem too the last week and after trying many tips to retrieve my control panel without success, I reinstalled Windows (I tried uninstalling with DDU, installing old drivers, resetting my windows... nothing solved my problem... until my last fresh install).

Good luck !

PS: I don’t though it was because the drivers, I though I made a mistake or else like that...

5. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Two tips for those who are unaware. One - always use the "clean install" advanced option when installing NVIDIA driver updates. Two - if you still have problems after clean-installing a new driver, as BlueMind mentioned, use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to completely clear out the existing driver before reinstalling a new one (or an old, working one) - https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html.

6. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

I have it all fixed I had to go into the Device manager and right click on my display and select Enable device and that fixed the problem straight away .

7. I did see this in the release notes though:

Application SLI ProfilesAdded or updated the following SLI profiles:
    •Anthem
    •Assetto Corsa Competizione - AFR enabled for Turing GPUs
    •Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 - AFR enabled for Turing GPUs
    •Life is strange Season 2 - AFR enabled for Turing GPUs
    •NBA 2K19 - AFR enabled for Turing GPUs
    •Space Hulk Tactics - AFR enabled for Turing GPU

Tempting

8. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

SLI support? Nice (if only I had the money..)

Raklödder likes this.
  9. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

If they only could make it work with sli in vr i would be very happy

10. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

And to make matters worse, it will only work with a pair of 2080's or higher; 2060 & 2070 users are without luck.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  11. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Why? I have always done an upgrade install (for many, many years), and never had a problem.

sissydriver likes this.
  12. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

wow.. this is the best piece of advice someone can give

13. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

What the hell are funboys?

funboys.JPG

14. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

When putting nvidia driver on ONLY install THE DRIVER and PHYSX.
    NOTHING else unless you specifically use them.
    No Experience, no 3d vision, no HD driver.
    ONLY the driver and PhysX

All the others cause more issues than enough.

15. Arpadian likes this.
  16. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I don't know how to respond to that, maybe @Ciccina2016 to a peek at my Steam profile, but it doesn't matter; ignoring people, just because you don't like what they have say, is getting old.

17. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

The Audio HD is fine to use agree with the rest.

18. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

As I said, if you are using it then yes it is.
    My audio is through a dedicated card and my simvibe through the onboard card, so wont need yet another driver to cause issues.

19. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

I always thought the same as you. However, after many successful upgrades, a new driver gave me a number of problems which I struggled to fix, someone advised me to use Display Driver Uninstaller and then reinstall the same driver and all worked perfectly. Old settings and the odd rogue file can occasionally slip through the normal upgrade process which is why the "clean install" option (or DDU in an emergency) guarantees the best results. The clean install doesn't seem to take any longer so it's a no-brainer for me.

You only actually need the NVIDIA HD audio driver if you're sending audio to your monitor/TV speakers directly from the graphics card through an HDMI cable.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  20. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Ok something I wasn't aware of.

21. Stains

Stains Simracer

This driver is the one that fixed my issues with older sims(R3E and AMS) but was worried ACC may be adversely affected but all my games ate running really well on it, even got my highest score in Superposition 4k of 10091 when previous best was 10048 ;) using the OC that MSI Afterburner OC Scanner did :eek:
    418.91 is my hero driver atm.