1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #116 – Black and Gold

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

There's nothing particularly wrong with that Mike. I haven't tried the combo yet but I'm pretty sure you can find a little time by getting on throttle earlier at a few places (at the apex curb pretty much... as you are doing in other corners) 0:26, 0:42, 0:51 & 1:23 looks to me you could get on throttle earlier. 0:51 is a difficult corner but important to nail for that uphill straight, if you adjust your brake marker a bit to slow the car a little more you will be able to hit the apex and get on power earlier as a result and gain time all the way up the hill.

Also I think (again not sure, haven't tried this yet) you could gain in T1 by aiming more towards the apex as you brake. That corner is like a double apex but you can sort of use the first apex as part of your braking area/phase and slow it down for the second part to hit the second apex... it is worth a try anyway :)

2. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

1.21.636 pc
    [​IMG]

I couldn't resist having another go after seeing pctm's time. I knew my lap was gonna be pretty easy to improve just by tidying up my lines. I also increased the front wing to 5, increased the gearing on 3rd and fourth gears and dropped the psi in the fronts 1 psi.

I really am leaving now though so see y'all in two weeks.

3. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

Current standings:

1- 1.21.210 pctm PC
    2- 1.21.636 Pretend racer PC
    3- 1.23.495 Lewisxbone XB1
    4- 1.23.705 DonZmeuheu PC
    5- 1.23.756 mike reynolds PC
    6- 1.23.957 Gijon XB1
    7- 1.24.138 Sissydriver PC
    8- 1.24.374 Laughing Gravy PS4
    9- 1.24.636 Moodyryder PS4
    10- 1.24.978 Total Wrytoff PS4
    11- 1.25.437 Emmanuel Tubbiolo XB1
    12- 1.25.629 365gt PS4
    13- 1.26.068 StyleF1re PS4
    14- 1.26.486 flyingnugget XB1
    15- 1.28.247 dancamma PS4

4. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Reading Andys R’s tips has made me realise how much I still do it wrong most of the time.
    I constantly try to carry too much speed into every corner thinking it’s the only way to get a faster lap, which means I never get back on power until well after the apex and not at the apex.

5. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Thanks Andy, that's really useful feedback....particularly re turn 1...I've tried many different lines through there....(mainly by accident, as heavy breaking /heel toeing, shifting and steering all that same time is a bit too much multi-tasking for me!)

6. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

I just cannot find a braking point.I'm either late or early.Like others i've tried various lines,heel toe etc.I know with me anyway is to get a proper grasp on tuning and to understand how one set of tunings can affect another set of tunings etc.
    On a plus note my heel toe technique has well and truly arrived. It felt like someone had sent me a cool parcel:D.It took a while but better late than never:p

7. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

Wow. Eating serious dust at this point! Looks like I have some good knowledge to eat up as well, so thanks to all providing the input with setup, technique, etc.. Was going to do some more laps tonight, but had a sudden upwelling within to get out and ride. Ended up traveling a good 31 miles and hitting (in mph) 119, 117, and some other low triple-digit number on different stretches of road. Can also add a 95 and some other 70s and 80s numbers to that for good measure. Yeah, I dedicate this to all the bad weather here over these past few weeks and especially to the past three Valentine's Days!

On another note, I really need to break this cycle of being trash (slow) with old F1 cars...

8. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

1.22.843 - X1X

[​IMG]

OMG!! im struggling with this combo.
    I can’t seem to get the gearing right. Should it be a longer final ratio? Or shorter? I do not know.
    If I slow down and gear down for a corner the car just shoots off in another direction, so I’m having to stay in 3rd for most of them.
    Just can’t seem to fathom it out this week.

9. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

That's a nice time Lewis (if can get to the 22's I'll be happy). Know what you mean about the gearing, I went really short last night and found myself having to change in awkward places, so tonight I'm going to try long and forget that the car has a 5th gear!

10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Sounds like engine braking. A healthy blip of the throttle on downshifts should cure that. If it is still happening then gear down at lower rpm.

11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

12. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

Thanks @sissydriver for posting the track. I heard a lot about this track and I also know the story about Helmut Marko but overlooked till now that a mod exists for this track. Thanks mate:)

365gt and sissydriver like this.
  13. Tibor Sólyom

I don't think it can take any negative effect rather positive, you are not losing any grip with more laps. Which is not a big gain usually, but it can be on a long circuit like the Nordschleife.

DonZmeuheu, Totall Wrytoff and 365gt like this.
  14. Tibor Sólyom

Wonderful track, unfortunately this version is very inaccurate. I could try a Lidar based execution of the long layout (which contains the half of the short track) in alpha stage, and they are only slightly similar :(

365gt likes this.
  15. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Some cars start at lower than full grip so, if that is still the case with tyre wear off, it will be negative (in those cars) as you will have permanently the starting grip rather than the tyres wearing in to max and reaching 100% over the first half lap or so.

I can't give a percentage that tyres start at because I use Race Essentials app which I think takes the top X% (something like 80-100) and scales it to be 0-100% IIRC so in my app it shows a lot of car's tyres as having 83% grip when I start out when in reality they probably have 9x% grip/life.

At most normal tracks you can do at least 1 full lap at max tyre life so I don't see much downside to having wear on.

Totall Wrytoff and 365gt like this.
  16. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

hmm... thats the problem nowadays, fake news everywhere. :oops:
    trust in kunos. trust the physics. trust numbers. :)
    thx tybor for the information. not every mod is a good mod ;)

365gt likes this.
  17. Tibor Sólyom

I thought grip levels are only raising because of reaching the optimal temperatures. I've never heard wearing in is also simulated in AC, if yes, now I understand what you mean. I'd rather think it's a communication error between the app end the engine :D
    No, I don't think using wear on has downside, I never switched it off. I just said (or wanted to say :)), theoretically if it can take any effect, I can imagine only a positive one, using a soft tyre on a very long lap, where you can suffer from degradation at the end of the lap.

Totall Wrytoff, 365gt and sissydriver like this.
  18. Tibor Sólyom

Don't take me wrong, I'm not a laserscan fetishist :D
    But it's really-really off unfortunately. And if you compare its general quality with the top mod tracks, you won't love it anymore :(
    On the positive side I'm sure we will have a very good version in the future :)

365gt and sissydriver like this.
  19. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Ah I see, if we are talking about the same bit I think it is more of a wear indicator. It stays the same regardless of temperature, whether you use blankets or not.

Totall Wrytoff and 365gt like this.
  20. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

@sissydriver

Here's a video of the Charade Circuit, most of it anyway.

One day I want to do a European tour and have a look at some of these old circuits myself. In the meantime this Dutch gentleman provides an insight into motor racing's history.

DonZmeuheu, Gijon, 365gt and 3 others like this.