1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS MoTeC telemetry and dedicated ACC workspace

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

how are you doing?

2. xX-Chris-Xx

xX-Chris-Xx Gamer

i can tell you when im at Home! im in Office Right now what it makes a Little bit complicated! ;=)

anthony galmiche likes this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Aristotelis - "- Best lap & last lap time That is already available in section times"

The section report is only showing the total time for the logged session. There is also an issue with the open log file screen as it says the fastest lap as 1:58.3 which is wrong as you can see the fastest lap is 1:57.8 on the left hand side. As you know from the bug thread the venue is screwed which is affecting the track layout report.

What would be nice is 2 channels so they can be plotted over time.
    - Lap Number
    - Lap Time
    - Best Lap can be calculated min(Lap Time)

sectiontimes.jpg

"- Tyre wear, No (you can check it inside the setup page at the end of each session.)"

So no chance to plot this over time.

It would also be nice to have UI option to generate the log file session from the setup screen so no need to exit your race weekend etc..

Thank you for any considerations

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  4. Hi @Coanda The problem with the fastest lap is because you didn´t drive another lap after the best (which is the latest) and therefore the motec software interpret it as an outing lap and don´t consider it as lap. So you should drive another lap or drive to boxes to register that lap.
    The section report needs that the track map is generated and also generate the sectors.

Also you can change manually the venue on every telemetry file so you only need to generate the track map the first time. This is made in the software if you click on the details icon (or Ctrl+D) and then you click on edit in the details window.

Coanda likes this.
  5. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Arlo, eracerhead, Luca Zari and 2 others like this.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Zeraxx - It's interesting Kunos have set the knee/crossover speed at 25 mm/s. Not knowing each vehicles true damper crossover values one can only estimate. I see in your tutorial you have yours set to 50 mm/s.

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thank you that worked so I was able to generate the track map this time. We are no longer are pointing to the odd base_ACC/track maps named GTR GT3 18, Huracan GT3, M6 GT3 & Vehicle. Every new log I will have to change the venue though. Moving forward I I hope they fix it.

Even with the track map & sections generated the section report does not report best lap time. Only total session time.

Edit Add: I just created a new Time Report and it is working fine.

9. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

I'll +1 that; was actually thumbing through your manual last night trying to grasp the concept behind histograms.

10. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Yeah I was looking through the ACC motec sections it does seem weird to me that the damper knee is at 25mm/s thats really low and Id expect it would result in a lot of undamped oscillation, ill confirm that tonight when i do some fourier transform analysis on my dampers inside ACC. It should be variable and should be viewable to the user I guess some of those specs are not avaliable for public release due to kunos license agreement.

Stay tuned ill be posting some guides on how to read these sections in some posts here on the forum.

Coanda likes this.
  11. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

It's the same for me, I only see the total time and not single turns as on Aris' screenshot. I also don't understand out of the happening conversation how to fix that...? :confused:

12. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

Track map with brake amount and position overlay
    Red dot is 1.56.007 and white dot is 1.57.576
    White lap starts out better but T 10 is the place where the time is lost/made up :eek:.

Ciccina2016 likes this.
  13. How did you get it to show your braking in the track report? I've been trying to get it to show something other than gears and I cant figure it out

14. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

Right click on the screen and go to properties in the channel section (bottom half)
    [​IMG]
    click on add this opens up the channel properties on the RH side there is a box looks like a small page with dots around it next to it is a gear icon select the page looking button then select whatever channel you want,
    I find if you only have one showing it's better to look at.
    Then if you open up the Data tab on the left you can see the red dot is the fasted lap.
    You can select a second lap if you click in the next row over in the square box then just hit the A button and sit back and watch the 2 laps run at the same time to compare them.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    daxus likes this.
  15. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

Use the scroll wheel to zoom in on the dots lol:D

16. Awesome! Thanks for the help.

17. Gary Francis

Gary Francis Rookie

I'm really struggling tryng to get the MoTec software to run properly.Every thing loads up ok but it always shows "0" laps even though I added 4 laps in the Electronic field in the game.
    If some one can help me I would appreciate it very much

18. I installed motec and workspace and everything is working, but my ACC doesn't save any lap to motec folder. I already put diferent values on electronics page on setup from 20 to 3 and still no lap saved to load on motec.
    I just tested online.
    Any help? Is there a ini file where we can manualy define the saving folder?
    Thanks.

chikiwaki likes this.
  19. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

I ran about 5 laps last night but i only got data for the out and in laps plus 1 actual full lap then i remembered only doing one valid lap the rest of the laps i ran of the track this might be my problem.
    Did you do full valid laps ?

20. Y22 Rydr

Y22 Rydr Rookie

Try browsing back to the folder through MoTeC. I followed the directions and I found that Inhad to browse back to the original location in the Assetto Corsa folder.

chikiwaki likes this.