1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.6 discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Darcy Callai Junior, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Same here, last night I joined a Korean server with Hungaroring/rain.. and it was deluge! Totally bonkers, I kept staying behind another guy and I could not see the track, was driving by memory in some points, eventually passed him and made my way up only to be divebombed by someone at corner 1 (I forgive you, it was impossible to see anything!). Really intense. The small rivers on the track where you lose grip are quite the thing.

Thug likes this.
  2. Turk

Turk Alien

Got the sim rig set up and spent the weekend with ACC. I hadn't tried ACC since update 4. Did clean install, did the "-vr" thing.

There's been a huge improvement since I last played it, everything that was broken is fixed and VR is running much more smoothly. I dropped the resolution of the mirrors (after reading they were a hog) but increased other settings, didn't spend more than 30 seconds in settings, still not going to waste time trying to optimise the graphics, lets just say they were just above medium. Very smooth experience now, small amount of ghosting (very small) which may be just my settings, but everything worked out of the box with no messing.

It's getting very slick now, the driving is super intense and engaging, After my first season I saw a bit of a video from gamermuscle saying the FFB had no information in it other than spring, I think his wheel must be broken, my arms are dead after a weekend on the sim, I could literally feel every bump in the road and it's like the car is speaking to me in the corners, I've barely gone off track in ACC (when I'm paying attention).

The AI has a new lease of life, it was immediately obvious to me from the first second of the first race I did at Monza, they start fighting with each other for position. I got so wrapped up in watching the AI off the line I ended up rear ending one of them in the first corner, he went spinning I kept going which never seemed to happen before, I'd always lose out in any contact. I had a battle with a Merc that went on for four laps with us both over taking each other back and forth until I finally managed to break away.

The only negative I have is in relation to the HUD, I can't see it in VR. I could find no good place to put it and I just more or less gave up on it. It needs to be rearranged to fit into the cabin space better. Or moved over to the right where it has room. I tried some multiplayer but the HUD issue meant I had no idea what was going on, I didn't know if I was in a race or qualifying. I also couldn't figure out what kind of race I was joining, they all had endurance 3H written under them.

Someone was acting the **** driving straight through corners taking people out, the sooner the rating system gets turned on the better.

For some reason my name in online seasons is >anonymous<, at least that's what I saw posted.

That long season at Monza was sneaky. Didn't realise I should be fuel saving, only realised I'd run out of fuel in the last two laps, ran out coming out of the last corner. I did the event again but I thought I'd removed fuel the first time so ended up doing the same thing, so there's a couple of seconds to come off my time there, managed 82nd.

Rig packed away again, but this title is turning out fantastic.

3. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Probably mentioned/discussed before but in an offline single race I find it hard to keep up with other cars @ rolling start @ Monza, because the guy commenting says 'green lights!' randomly and not exactly at that crossing line.

Furthermore I find the whole rolling start sequence rather annoying and a bit a waste of time tbh. Sorry.

Any info on when this rolling start stuff can be modified or do we get a standing start?

Cheers
    Robin

LATE4APEX likes this.
  4. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

It will stay a rolling start as per the real life series. I'd agree with you that the AI are maybe a bit to good, at least on 100% skill. I'm always getting passed from behind no matter how quick my reactions. It would be good to have the start lights on the gantry working so I can look to see when they go out/change to green.

p.g.49, Axel Vogelsang and Robin_NL like this.
  5. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

All I´m gonna say about 0.6 update is this much : playtime went from ~25hours before .6 to 99 hours as of right now .
    I also found out that I seem to very much like heavy rain at nighttime, maybe even more than dry racing, but this needs to be looked at way longer :)
    Says enough, I guess .

P.s.: Minolin, be more shameless, I like being used like that ;)

6. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Or a bit more human like reaction time for the AI...!:mad:

vortex19 and Robin_NL like this.
  7. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Exactly. But also entering the first chicane in P2 right left giving P1 enough room I'm almost standing still in 1st gear with P1 car left of me both going WOT and P1 car accellerating like out of a slingshot leaving me almost standing still and making a gap of >50 metres in 1 second. And I'm using the lowest TC. That's unreal.

Cheers
    Robin

8. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

It's all because of simplified physics AI is using. It requires lots of coding and tuning to make AI more humanlike. Agree that some of their recovery attempts are crazy and human would never catch some of those slides but it is what it is right now. There will be always some slight feeling of cheating AI.

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

That has nothing to do with "simplified physics". Kunos has always been adamant about that the AI cars utilise very same physics calculations as player cars.

10. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I haver AI at 90 and 90%, and can have a lot of smile generating fun, sometimes they even react like a human.

But my main problem is with the rolling start, not that anybody cares, is the lack of virtual start lights.

If I try to use the other clues that the race has started, with great difficulty mind you, the AI are already gone, unlike AC1, were I was able to start with AI.

11. that's because in AC1 they have code to simulate human like reaction time to the start and in ACC they don't... yet
    :)

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

So, I used the weekend to try....VR...

And guess what, I can run 20 cars with some settings on high/epic (not the cpu intense ones...) and have a decent experience on my potato!
    No stuttering or even nauseating frame drops anymore.

Since 0.6 I’m in the boat again. Thumbs up Kunos!

13. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

Well I must admit, ACC is turning into a diamond, yes maybe unpolished yet but man how addictive it is is beyond words. I am absolutely happy for the whole Kunos Dev. team, you guys are making happy a lot of folks now. If all goes well this SIM is just going to be a must have on every auto sim enthusiast PC, and I mind you that I am more of a flight simmer then anything.
    P.S. Minolin, I have no idea how you make sense of all numbers coming out from servers as at the moment my understanding is that complete noobs and good racers are all mixed up. Starts are hectic and cause a lot of rating reductions which made me stop caring about them. I am sure you will sort it out with time.

R. Iván, LeDude83, Coanda and 3 others like this.
  14. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

No hotfix today? Just thought about a surprising release of the Gallardo would be fancy today! ;):D

R. Iván, carlossanchez97 and Son like this.
  15. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

The game runs great and I've been getting some serious fps after having bumped my poor CPU clocks!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  16. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

@Turk
    Yes it happens in VR when the resolution scale is 100.
    And you must set it 100 if you want to use PixelVRDensity...
    So you have to choose between HUD with blurry image or « hide&seek HUD » with clear image.

It’s a bug since 0.2 or 0.3 I guess, I did some threads here and talked about it everywhere, but release after release there is still no fix.
    And I don’t know when or wether it will be fix.

I guess it’s only with Oculus Rift, but not sure about that.

With resolution scale 100 there is also some HUD elements that flickers : map, radar, time lap/hour, fuel etc...

See? Someone posted another thread last week about that problem :
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/hud-display-in-vr.55204/

The thread I did : it happens since 0.3 release :
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/hud-behind-the-textures-of-the-car.53094/

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  17. Si.

Si. Simracer

I’ve thought why are starts so diabolical with people not moving, swerving round each other, crashing into stationary cars and then it happened to me, 1st gear, throttle working but no movement, stuck in the grid while people bash and crash into me. This was on one of the Kunos servers last night.

mms likes this.
  18. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

How do we use free camera? I pressed F4 and used the middle mouse button to get the menu up, I can look around but my arrows don't move my position?

19. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

you can try F7 instead ;)

Minolin and mms like this.
  20. ManroV

ManroV Gamer

Because its f7 I think