1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Worst MP experience ever - turns out it's not.

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by toold, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Balamacab

Balamacab Rookie

Ok, I can confirm.. racing at zolder was wonderfull... apart for my bad driving skill. o_O (just did two races with time progression trough test, qualy and race)
    The rolling start was flawless, even starting from the back of the pack; was a smooth experience; no bumper cars; P1 as always was a mess.
    putting away some sour lemons, MP is looking good
    Looking forward what Kunos is doing for Ratings and the implementation of the functionality that minorating has in AC here in ACC.

ZioYuri78 and D.Jankovic like this.
  2. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

I wish the oficial servers would rotate track, weather and time of the day. Too many Monza's.

Florian Boswell, Madsen and ▣ HiTzz like this.
  3. Chriss

Chriss Racer

@Minolin that possible? it would be very helpful

4. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

It seems that you don't get one thing - A LOT of players online have never been here in the forums and I believe the ones are here, are usually the ones who you will have great races with. These people understand what good quality racing in sim is.

In other words, your post is pretty pointless here.

Micii1, Madsen, steevee and 1 other person like this.
  5. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I may have my gripes with the current state of the public servers and rating system (or lack of server/admin powers), but believe me when I say, it's far from being the "worst" experience and it gets better by every hotfix.

steevee likes this.
  6. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

I am not completely sure it is always the case, in last few days especially, very small number of people are really intentionally crashing. I've had a blast and very very good battles. Sure, from time to time, there is the one, or someone forget to brake on p1, but still, had a lot of good experience too.

I love the feature that they implemented in rolling start, it is not perfect but is working :)

I am first one to scream scheduled events and curse the crashers for ruining people's experience, but it is not all that bad :)

7. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

One of official had it. I've driven qualify on morning, race on evening, then Q at night, then R on a rainy day. Not sure which one, i think the one with 4-5 mins Q and 10-15 mins race...

Of course, it was on one track, but hopefully that can be implemented too.

8. Default

Default Racer

I've been playing MP exclusively for weeks, the race towards the front is okay, further back is more chaotic. Sometimes you do get the occasional back marker who has ego issues when you lap them and they will take you out the next braking zone. Overall it feels the same as AC public MP servers.

9. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

No offense, but what is the purpose of this post? At this stage (new multiplayer engine just released in 0.6) they are basically just testing that there are no bugs in the mp code. Of course the developers need as many people as possible on the servers, to stress-test the engine. Once the bugs are ironed out (and it looks like we're about there with the last 0.6.4 released yesterday) the other features can be added. I would say either be patient for a few more weeks or just skip ACC altogether for the moment if it makes you upset.

Kopiller and Winston like this.
  10. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Do you honestly believe Kunos would like mp to stay in the current state?

Answers:
    "Yes!". Fine, your thread is somewhat relevant.

"No!". Then why post?

Son likes this.
  11. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I will just quote his latest post and @AC Support can make this one end. Since it is pointless leads to nothing. OP had bad race at monza decided to rage on forums... i 2 bad races on monza.. raged on user a bit on first reply and then went to zolder had fun :D as the OP did. and that means MP is not WORST expirience ever.. Just bad timing on server :)

12. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

We are of course working in order to improve the single player and multiplayer experience as best as we can and we need the right amount of time to do that.
    Wreckers are a problem that can't be totally eliminated, just mitigated. This is true for ANY racing game out there. Luckily there are tons of leagues and gentleman drivers online.

13. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

Had amazing racing last night in Hungaroring. Did not manage to put in good qualy lap, as I would always overstep the white line with the tyre in couple corners, so started in fifth. It was very tight, some times a bit rough, but always fair fight between 3-4-5-6th positions. And I have never felt so immersed in sim racing - the sense of speed, how cars move, the sound. EPIC! So its just a matter of right crowd, and its there, with couple of bad apples in between. :)

Chriss, Son, Kopiller and 2 others like this.
  14. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

For me this thread is not useless ? And it's really annoying to read stuff like that. We are here to give feedbacks...
    Recently, Kunos have made a deep change in the code, it's important to express themselves now and not after the 1.0. I am also aware that Kunos is still a small team of course (MP like Iracing is not a small thing).

If (really) I have to paid something like 40 euros for a year to have a better MP experience with championship etc... I'm open for that. I do like ACC (a lot) and it will still be a better deal than Iracing.

If not, I hope something similar in ACC like AC 1 ;)
    https://www.simrace-blog.com/2018/1...stem-pour-assetto-corsa-avec-mentaloh-gaming/
    it's simply the Iracing MP experience in AC1 with officials races, a ranking system, driver career (stats).

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  15. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

The damned thing about this game is that the driving experience is just so intoxicating and rewarding. Yes there are some rough edges to chip away at and hopefully once the rating system gets fully implemented we'll all have cleaner servers to race on.

I've been a little critical of the progress lately, but one thing that has stood out for me since day one is the driving experience. couple that with close, fair battles and you're a winner whether you finish first or twenty first. I've had quite a few of those battles recently, it's not all doom and gloom out there! :)